Top Gear Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter rustymike2
  • 61 comments
  • 6,678 views
They should have used franchises instead of single games.
I bet most people who vote there have never played the games from before 2000.
 
Of course FM3 gonna win, it's the best right now. I agree they should use franchise as options instead of single game.
 
HN7
Of course FM3 gonna win, it's the best right now.

Well, GT1 is behind by only 4% of the votes so far, with 30%.
 
Well, GT1 is behind by only 4% of the votes so far, with 30%.

Most people who voted probably vote for the franchise instead, FM3 vs GT1 is just not fair at all.
They should have waited for GT5 and have the poll then, soon.
 
I couldn't vote for the following reasons.

A). I haven't tried all the listed games, or even close to all of them. How can I (or anyone who's never tried them all) possibly say one is the 'best of all time'?

B). Where is ToCA? Enthusia?

C). They're comparing the original GT to the latest Forza? :boggled:

D). As much as I love Gran Turismo games, they have plenty of shortfalls when compared to many others.
 
It's Top Gear, don't over think it :)

I voted for Gran Turismo 1, based on franchise. I was soooo close to voting for Mario Kart though, loved that game! I can remember lots of insanely close races with friends!
 
Make all the excuses you like people, Forza is still beating GT. The fact that another game has come even close in a poll like this proves the success of that game.
 
Che bribing for FM3 votes again? :p
 
Metropolis Street Racer was a great game for the Dreamcast. Memories galore!
 
Make all the excuses you like people, Forza is still beating GT. The fact that another game has come even close in a poll like this proves the success of that game.

The fact that people vote almost as much for a 12 year old game as for a game they can play right now proves that the whole poll doesnt make any sense. :lol:

The problem is that there are people who will vote for the franchise and people who will vote for the actual game. Like i said, i bet most people who voted there havent even played GT1, but i also bet that there are tons of people who are playing FM3 right now.

Anyway, FM3 is of course better than GT1, it would be crazy if not. :lol:
 
Stupid poll attracts FM3 users.
And a franchise poll would be more mature of them.
 
:grumpy: What's the point of GT1 being there against newer racing games? Put GT5P instead and I will happy. :D
 
At the moment:
Forza Motorsport 3, Xbox 360, 2009 35% (1,329 votes)
Gran Turismo, PlayStation, 1998 34% (1,305 votes)
Pretty close eh?
 
Someone posted this poll over at Forzamotorsport.net forums. That is why Forza is winning. when I last checked last night the thread had well over 100 post, Alot of them read "lets not let those gt fanboys win!" All they seemed to care about was making sure we lost.
 
Someone posted this poll over at Forzamotorsport.net forums. That is why Forza is winning. when I last checked last night the thread had well over 100 post, Alot of them read "lets not let those gt fanboys win!" All they seemed to care about was making sure we lost.

Shows how mature they are...
Anyways:
Gran Turismo, PlayStation, 1998 35% (1,346 votes)
Forza Motorsport 3, Xbox 360, 2009 35% (1,345 votes)
hurray?
 
Someone posted this poll over at Forzamotorsport.net forums. That is why Forza is winning. when I last checked last night the thread had well over 100 post, Alot of them read "lets not let those gt fanboys win!" All they seemed to care about was making sure we lost.

Yeah these polls are usually a big thing over there, like the last time there was a random internet poll Che from turn 10 offered a free unicorn car in FM2 for everyone that voted for FM3, Forza got in a huge lead then when members ran out they fell behind and the poll was closed after the poll admin learned of the 'bribing'.
 
vote for gt guys ;)
 
As of 1443 GMT GT has took the lead.

GT 1352
FM3 1351
 
So we have Forza 3 in there, but only the original Gran Turismo?! Completely pointless poll and a waste of time, but I still voted GT, obviously ;)
 
Visited TG's page, read the article, and voted for the most obvious choice in the poll. Then I noticed this thread :lol:.

The fact that people consider such an old game a match for a recent game says a lot...
 
lol, the poll shoudve been called: which racing game has the most fanboys....
 
Not sure why they didn't choose the most recent full game GT4, maybe they chose GT1 because of its impact and iconic status.
Either way it's Top Gear, mostly very amusing and entertaining but not to be taken entirely ( or at all, although there are a few exceptions ) seriously.
 
lol, the poll shoudve been called: which racing game has the most fanboys....

Not really.. Because then everybody would vote mario kart, as everybody says that any other karting game is mario kart, or a mario kart copy.
 
I voted GT I love Forza3 but GT will always get my vote.
 
Though choice. It's either a vote for the father of console sims, or the father of console arcades. Can't really decide which to vote for.
 
I know it's been mentioned already but damn, use franchises not specific games damnit! How silly is that?
 
Back