Top Gear Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter rustymike2
  • 61 comments
  • 6,677 views
I find funny that first they called the poll stupid, then members ask other members to vote for GT. Still, Forza 3 is better than GT1, no poll can change that. Better graphics, better physics, more things to do.
 
I find funny that first they called the poll stupid, then members ask other members to vote for GT. Still, Forza 3 is better than GT1, no poll can change that. Better graphics, better physics, more things to do.

Your looking at the question too literally, how would you expect mario kart to be included otherwise.

I think you have to take the time of release into account here. The Gran Turismo original was far ahead of its time in many respects. It essentially revolutionised the whole racing genre, in that sense it is a far superior game than both Forza 4 or GT5P.
 
I had way more fun playing GT than F3, also GT has better car collection, if I remember right...
I vote stop broadcasting Top Gear, fortunately we don't get that here anyways, it's too brutal. xD
 
Gt ftw!
 
Your looking at the question too literally, how would you expect mario kart to be included otherwise.

Because it still is the single best racing game of all the listed ones, and probably one of the best games ever made.

Not really.. Because then everybody would vote mario kart, as everybody says that any other karting game is mario kart, or a mario kart copy.

Well, it must be true then ;)
 
Not really.. Because then everybody would vote mario kart, as everybody says that any other karting game is mario kart, or a mario kart copy.
Mario Kart certainly defined that genre as we know it, as did Gran Turismo with its genre. Of course most other karting games are copies of Mario Kart, just like Forza is a copy of Gran Turismo. Go back far enough and most games are copies of, or heavily influenced by, previous games.
 
Just 62 votes between them-EVERYBODY VOTE GT!!!!
 
Just 62 votes between them-EVERYBODY VOTE GT!!!!

I wonder why people care about such pools. Is Forza 3 better than GT5 if it wins the pool? :lol:
 
This is pretty funny, there must be a forza 3 forum out there voting on the same poll. Both games just have WAYYYYY to many more votes than any other game.
 
GT above all!! :sly:
 
Right now GT is 53 out of 3,333 FM3 votes behind.
 
You guys aren't paying attention to the topic of the poll. The topic is which game is more innovating, not which series is better. With that said i feel that GT1 is more innovating because it kinda started the whole driving simulator genre on consoles. But FM did have damage, paint livery, and ferrari's, lambos, porches, etc before GT. But i still voted for forza just because it's out and i'm tired of waiting for GT5 to be released.
 
You guys aren't paying attention to the topic of the poll. The topic is which game is more innovating, not which series is better. With that said i feel that GT1 is more innovating because it kinda started the whole driving simulator genre on consoles. But FM did have damage, paint livery, and ferrari's, lambos, porches, etc before GT. But i still voted for forza just because it's out and i'm tired of waiting for GT5 to be released.

It's your choice, and I respect it. But FM didn't "invented" damage, nor painting cars, and I don't think including more cars could be considered "Innovative". FM3 is just an improved FM2, and FM2 is a vast improvement over FM1...and FM1 was made to compete with GT4. FM is not an innovation, maybe an improvement if you'd like to say so, but definitely not innovative. Specially with that M$ wheel...dreadful :yuck:.
 
You guys aren't paying attention to the topic of the poll. The topic is which game is more innovating, not which series is better. With that said i feel that GT1 is more innovating because it kinda started the whole driving simulator genre on consoles. But FM did have damage, paint livery, and ferrari's, lambos, porches, etc before GT. But i still voted for forza just because it's out and i'm tired of waiting for GT5 to be released.

Well aren't you a hypocrite. I really can't see how FM3 has more votes than GT, it really does prove that when it comes to gaming polls it doesn't matter what the title of the poll is, everyone just reads it as "what game do you like more"
 
Well aren't you a hypocrite. I really can't see how FM3 has more votes than GT, it really does prove that when it comes to gaming polls it doesn't matter what the title of the poll is, everyone just reads it as "what game do you like more"

If you read the poll is about innovation, not which is better. I don't see how FM3 has more innovation than the game that pretty much started the whole genre.
 
Sorry accidental double post
 
Jay
If you read the poll is about innovation, not which is better. I don't see how FM3 has more innovation than the game that pretty much started the whole genre.

I don't understand why you quoted me?
 
I don't understand why you quoted me?

I had just got home from work and my mind was obviously somewhere else, my bad.
 
Gran Turismo is 2 votes ahead of Forza, you see with the more realistic physics in Gran Turismo the approach is a bit slower, but it still wins.

Forza Motorsport 3, Xbox 360, 2009 37% (3,409 votes)
Gran Turismo, PlayStation, 1998 37% (3,411 votes)
 
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3783467/ShowThread.aspx
The 3rd thread on forzamotorsport.net about the poll. my gamertag is the same as my GTP forum username so you can see their reaction when I told them I voted for GT.

First page I noticed they are much more civilized than I would expect from "fanboys" (as everyone here calls them). In fact, the first persons said that they didn't even care about the winner, and some of them voted for GT even. 👍

Voted for Forza 3, though I would change my vote since, as many members pointed out on that thread, GT was indeed the most innovative (I believe).
 
I actually voted for Metropolis StreetRacer. Only because it WAS a good game and the fact it was even mentioned stole my heart. Yes, how pathetic.
 
Forza Motorsport 3, Xbox 360, 2009 36% (5,001 votes)
Gran Turismo, PlayStation, 1998 38% (5,239 votes)
 
I gave up all seriousness for that poll when I saw "Micromachines" in the list and no GT4 or GT5:Prologue. What version of GT did Mr Clarkson use for the NSX Laguna Seca lap times episode a few years back now?
 
I gave up all seriousness for that poll when I saw "Micromachines" in the list and no GT4 or GT5:Prologue. What version of GT did Mr Clarkson use for the NSX Laguna Seca lap times episode a few years back now?
A quick Google search reveals it to confirm my thoughts that it was GT4, and here's the video in question:

 
A quick Google search reveals it to confirm my thoughts that it was GT4, and here's the video in question:




Really hope they do something like this with GT5, seeing as it includes their track you would think they may...

And hope this time they use a G25/27, not a DS2.
 
There was a thread on FM.Net the other day, gloating about how Forza was winning over GT.......... It's not there now :P
 
I actually voted for Metropolis StreetRacer. Only because it WAS a good game and the fact it was even mentioned stole my heart. Yes, how pathetic.

Hehe! Dood, it is a good game... it technically spawned several sequels, so it's also pretty successful, too! 👍
 
Back