Top Gear Track & Replay GRIPES!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kuhnaydeein
  • 75 comments
  • 10,286 views
Kaz, as far as i can recall, actually said from one of his interviews that the PD crew watched every single episode of Top Gear to get the feel of its culture. Which made me very surprised and disappointed that camera angles are not there... i wish it can be user edited in some way... PATCH!!!

Kaz rarely says anything, and when he does, it's usually a load of old mis-truths anyway hehe :)

Dave
 
I've said it before, I've tried to do power laps on the track. Done them successfully too.
Only thing is, I beat The Stig's time in a stock DB9 by over 7 seconds. That part is too unrealistic.
 
I tried for two hours and could'nt best 3rd in the lotus challenge. Has anybody placed first?

yeah, but only just. Last corner I needed to "cut-up" the guy in first to make him brake - I'm a pretty average player so seeing how i did it might help... i didnt specifically save the replay though, is there a way of seeing my ghost for me to record it and stuff it on youtube?

(was using a sixxaxis, TC off, ABS 1, driving aids all off)
 
I've said it before, I've tried to do power laps on the track. Done them successfully too.
Only thing is, I beat The Stig's time in a stock DB9 by over 7 seconds. That part is too unrealistic.

Did you do a stand-still sart?
 
Shouldnt we make a petition, a vote or whatever to ask PD to patch the stuff that are completely wrong? Like the stand starts, camera angles, 0-400m, 0-1000m. I dont even have the game yet and im starting to get so disapointed, especially with no 0-400m. (I think they should have copied the GT2 license tests like the ones with 0-1000 braking test, that was fun =P )
 
yeah, but only just. Last corner I needed to "cut-up" the guy in first to make him brake - I'm a pretty average player so seeing how i did it might help... i didnt specifically save the replay though, is there a way of seeing my ghost for me to record it and stuff it on youtube?

(was using a sixxaxis, TC off, ABS 1, driving aids all off)

I think after watching a replay, I see a couple missed opportunities to pass. I drive without any driving aids.....just seems the AI does'nt react properly most of the time.
 
Agreed, I really expected the reasonably priced cars event/s and a "be the Stig" mode with our own leader board... Or at least a form of "playground" track that is becoming a standard feature in other games now. It was a fare expectation or assumption to make...

Is it even a rolling start in Arcade mode?

I wasnt even really expecting that, but I figured it would be a no brainer to have the reasonably priced cars in the game, aparently not.

Also if they watched every episode of Top Gear they must have not been paying atttention.
 
Kaz rarely says anything, and when he does, it's usually a load of old mis-truths anyway hehe :)

Dave

It's funny because I always respected the fact that he didn't say much because I thought he was just modest and had faith that he knew exactly what he was doing.

How can he claim to be a perfectionist and yet produce such an unfinished game? The core of GT is still there and better than ever (which is why I still love it) but all the new features are poorly done and a complete waste of time. In the intro video to the nascar challenge, for example, the animated Geoff Gordon doesn't even looks like he is speaking, just looks like he's mumbling to himself.

And staying on topic, the Top Gear track is a complete failure IMO
 
The van one was easy, got it first try, the Lotus one, third try, I found the secret to the last one so I did it first try, very fun!
 
I wish they would make a gymkhana version where you can run the full length of the runway instead of half.
 
I'm just going on the record to state for a game like this the cones are needed or the cheating would be massively out of hand and if it had no cones you would never know wh your DQed, yes the cones arn't there is real life but this isn't real life you need to think of this as it is, its a video game with 0 consequences when you cheat measures need to be put in place.

The planes are there in real life, the rolling starts. I dunno if it is rolling starts under all conditions but if your trying to replicate top gear leaderboard times run a lap and stop before crossing the line, problem solved. Annoying? ya a lil but still manageable.
 
I love it.

Sure, I would love to have a standing start, better camera angles and such (and the Liana!), but I had too many hours of fun on this track already to flame it...
 
It took me 1 hour to get gold.
In the end I was laughing so hard, I believe Clarkson himself must have designed this crazy event, and I think it was a great challenge.
He must have said "Hey Kaz, you know what you have to do? Make a 2 lap race on our track with... a hippy bus! It will be hilarious!"
I understand the frustration many of you have experienced, but for me it was really fun, and when I managed to win I was very satisfied.
I bet I'll never do it again though :)

I feel the same way!👍:)

Though I do wish we have the top gear replay angles and Top Gear style challenges and a standing start to beat the stig. Hell, they should let the Stig set a time in the game that we should try to beat. That said, I'm only on Level 13 and we might find more stuff unlocked later on.
 
The van one was easy, got it first try, the Lotus one, third try, I found the secret to the last one so I did it first try, very fun!

Theres a secret to the last one?
I just drove like hell and closed my eyes when we crossed with the schwimwagons or however the hell you spell it.
 
need to do away with all the cones, and need to give us the whole airfield to play with. Just isnt the same...

THIS. I do agree. Want to POWEEEEEEEEEEEER the whole straight.
 
Back