Top Performance Tuning: Lotus Elise 111R '04 (The Dominator)

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 66 comments
Lotus 111R.

A Masterpiece. This car in my humble opinion is your best work so far. I can not believe this car handles so well on Sport Hards !!! Now if i can only find a room that races sport hards. This car as you say will rack up the wins.

I have to ask a question, I tried sport softs but the car did not feel the same, mainly fast turns understeer. What do you suggest to help this car for sport softs?

@SGETI Thanks man, I'm pretty pleased with the setup. I'm going to be using it for the 500pp racing club that I am in, and I feel pretty confident that I will get a podium finish.

As for the sports soft dilemma. I would probably begin with the anti-roll bars. You could try increasing the rear anti roll bar by 1 and see how that goes, keep rasing it but don't go any higher that 5.

If that don't work, lower the front ARB by one or 2 clicks. Or you could raise the rear and lower the front together and see if that helps.

If none of that works then I would put the ARB settings back to how they were and start raising the front ride height setting by 5mm at a time. Bit of trial & error. I'll be sure to see to it when I next get online. It could only be that the acceleration sensitivity on the LSD needs rasing a bit. I would start at 18.

Doing all of this might solve the problem but then it could cause the car to oversteer to much in the lower speed corners which at the moment doesn't seem to be an issue.

@MAXXI nice car man!
I took the ford GT online last night to trial mountain on sports tyres and it really gave me a headache. On the two crests after the tunnels the car does a massive wheelie. I was also finding that it was understeering a lot more than offline and also it was over steering all more in exits. Basically the car felt like garbage and I soon quit. BUT I am determined to make this car fast for you. I will start using racing tyres next and see how that goes.

Do you think the '05 and '06 version are exactly the same?

@Woodski_427 glad you think it's ok mate cheers. I want to do more FF cars, especially the Hondas.

Last edited:
Jack , I raced last night in an online room with your 111R and I easily won on Deep Forest using sport soft instead the hard. The car is more reactive and need some more attention but is faster. I tried also the race hard , in this case the car is like a wild horse but the time on the track is about 2 second lower. OK , I can choise......:cheers:
Thanks and bye

Massimo

Hi Jack , are you alive ? ;).
Your setting for Elise 111R is very good with race medium tyres also as above written. Welldone job !!!
Maybe needs some adjustment for LSD. Some suggestion ?
Thanks
Massimo

Very good tune i do 1.31.082 at Brand Hatch Thanks a lot
13093889335_146436a71a_c.jpg

13094180784_77059297a1_o.png
[/QUOTE]

I stumbled across your page and tried a few of your car tunes. I must say I was impressed very nice drive good handles at the wheel. Any plans for any other tunes would like to try more of the your tunes.

Back