Top Speed F-1

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 76 comments
Hehe, he does now, I told him that all F1 cars weigh the same, even in real life, just like the FIA mandates they weigh no less than 600kg with driver and fluids.

Kinda new to the F1 scene...(last 4 years or so) and not a rabid fan by any means...but Majarvis mentioned that...and no...I didn't know that before.

I was more referring to cars in general when I made that statement...

A lot of the younger crowd on here continue to argue only horsepower...and that's not the only factor.

I was merely stating that.

I'm a car enthusiast in general...and it can get a little irritating to watch people regurgitate things on there not knowing what they are talking about. You seem to know a good bit though and I enjoy your posts.

An example of what I consider an uninformed remark (said nicely) is FrustratedPalms quote that Stock Mustangs and Stock Camaros run 8-9 sec. quarter miles....that was in his argument against Japanese cars.

Which is total hogwash.

I like cars period. I just hate when people equate a good car...or fast cars...with strictly horsepower.

Peace.
:)

Yup exactly. Like if you have a 900hp Formula One car, and a 1500hp road car that weighs 5000lbs, just cuz it has more power, and torque, doesn't mean it will beat it, not even close, horsepower doesn't make up for a good PWR.

A good example many people can relate to is the Lotus Elise Exige...a very quick...moderately fast car that's light and doesn't live on horsepower alone... Incredible car.

f1 arent meant for high speeds... 200 is fast enough... when you are doublin speeds on hte turns from a reg race car...

I've had my F090/S up to 235 on the test course with some drifting... but it doesn't stay that way for long.
The most reliable speed I've managed to eak out of it has been about 216-217.

F686/m=242 mph
F094/s 240 mph..I drafted up to an honest 296 mph once!:lol: It was awsome..in about a week I'm gettin a sharkport and I have like over 400 replays...a few I'll show...like my 330.9 mph escudo run...

Stock mustangs and Camaro's are only good for 14 sec quarters at best. Wonder why his palm is frustrated ?
anyway even by reducing the aerodynamics to min you still have alot of drag that alone limits the top speed on the f1s the power to weight and the hp is there for the most part.

there is a thread somewhere about this, but the reason the f090/s is slower than the rest is because they banned turbo engines in 1989 I think, and there was a dropoff in the cars' speeds the next year. By the time 1994 rolled around, the technology of the naturally aspirated engine had improved so much that it could compete with the speeds of their predecessors in the 1980's.

Back