Top Speed of GT5 Cars V2

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 381 comments
frontrunner91
There needs to be a seperation of legit line to line speeds and backed up and took a run speeds.

Right now I am at 301.9 line to line in a Veyron.

That's why I was asking because I could go faster than my 301.8 with more room, but I wanted to know if he was that fast from line to line.

That's why I was asking because I could go faster than my 301.8 with more room, but I wanted to know if he was that fast from line to line.
Right, I totally agree. I know there is more than 301.9 available especially if I backed up but I'd rather compare times from line to line and have everyone on the same playing field.

New Record

Car: Bugatti veyron
Top Speed: 302.4
Top Speed (Drafting): n/A
PP Min/Max: * 694
Aero Front Min/Max: stock
Aero Rear Min/Max: stock

I was suprised to beat it.. I'm sure some one will beat it soon though

I'm seriously stumped as to how you did that...Been trying for a while to extract anything more from my Veyron..Can't budge past 302.1..Congrats

All data in googledocs updated, with some more of my own runs added.
(many, many more tests to come, doing nothing else tomorrow!)

Aventadore 1st run after break in. Plenty of room to improve. 245.2 Similar suspension settings to my Veyron

Edit 245.8 on a minor gear tweak. more to come

Last edited:
Röyal;6532543
Car: Dodge SRT4
Top Speed: 219.1 mph
PP Min/Max: * 579

Fast for a FF car =p

Car: SL 600 (R230)
Top Speed: 270.0 Mph
PP Min/Max: * 625

trying for abit to break 270 =p

Wow 219.1mph in an SRT4 is damn impresive. What's the HP and Weight on that thing? I wasn't even aware you could tune it to that kind of speed

Wow. Acura CL's, Neons on the list but no ZR1, Supra, Lambo's(no Aventador wow), Ferrari road cars, Vipers, Zondas etc. I'm going to have to do something about when I get the time :)

255 mph - ACR fully tuned
213 mph - ACR bonestock
222 mph - RUF Porche CTR2 fully tuned
217 mph - Aventador bonestock

I'm posting fro IPhone at work so can't remember all the others. Will update when I get a chance.

Beat my own record with the Nomad Diablo, thanks to my extensive testing!

Car: Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00
Top Speed: 395.1 km/h

Aventadore 1st run after break in. Plenty of room to improve. 245.2 Similar suspension settings to my Veyron,,,,, 247.7
I'm running the same suspension setup as my LeMans Quattro and am making 248.3 at the moment, I reckon there's still more to come if I tweak the gearing though.

Röyal;6538006
i had mine at 604 BHP and i think the weight was around 1150 ish.
Or the Mid Range turbo, which gives you 613bhp, which is the one I used for the 219.5mph run. (line to line, no run up!)

Wow. Acura CL's, N

eons on the list but no ZR1, Supra, Lambo's(no Aventador wow), Ferrari road cars, Vipers, Zondas etc.

Not just yet, still very early days, but I've got a good few to put into the googledocs page later today, including the Supra. :sly:

Last edited:
Might as well add in the other cars I've been testing lately:

Car: Toyota 86 GT '12
Top Speed: 299.6 km/h
PP Min/Max: Max
Aero Front Min/Max: Min
Aero Rear Min/Max: Max
Additional Notes: -

Car: Dodge Challenger SRT8 TC
Top Speed: 369.8 km/h

Car: Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77
Top Speed: 329.6 km/h

Corvette c6 zo6: 259.1 mph
Ferrari 512 bb: 221.1 mph
Mitsubishi eclipse gt 95': 200.6 mph
Honda civic type r ek rm 97': 190.2 mph
All runs done line to line.

Corvette c6 zo6: 259.1 mph

All runs done line to line.

I let Bob break in a C6 Zr1 today, Right now I'm at 253.0 with it. The Idea being that I've got my Race Modded copy of the same car to compare with it. Once I squeeze all the speed I can out of this one I'll swap it out for the RM. I'm real early in my testing on this one.

I guess what I want to know is was yours a RM or a normal car?

I've always wondered why of the 17 RM cars in GT5 2 of them are c6 Vettes.

Right now I am using no aero parts/body kit.

Last edited:
frontrunner91
I let Bob break in a C6 Zr1 today, Right now I'm at 253.0 with it. The Idea being that I've got my Race Modded copy of the same car to compare with it. Once I squeeze all the speed I can out of this one I'll swap it out for the RM. I'm real early in my testing on this one.

I guess what I want to know is was yours a RM or a normal car?

I've always wondered why of the 17 RM cars in GT5 2 of them are c6 Vettes.

Right now I am using no aero parts/body kit.

Not rm and no aero kits. The car was also full broken in and makes 866 hp.

Not rm and no aero kits. The car was also full broken in and makes 866 hp.

Cool that's what I was wanting to know my zr1 is not up to that speed yet and it's pushing 905 horses. :confused:

Seems like it doesn't make much difference what I do to the suspension on the Vette where on the Veyron and Aventador they were very sensitive to that.

Wondering if there is some other difference. I do see that in the dealership the ZR is heavier. I wonder how much the body is different as well. Looks like Bob will get to break in another Vette later tonight

Last edited:
Wow what a difference in those 2 cars.

I went ahead and bought a Zo6 since the one I allready had was a RM'd car. 2 runs 1st with top speed set to 286 was only 1.5 mph slower than the Zr1 with 65 more HP. I made 1 more change and was 3.3 mph faster by changing 6th gear to what I had on the ZR1. 256.3 mph with no suspension changes other than installing everything. The car has all the mods but the only tweaks were in the gearbox! Thank you Savage! I would have written the Zo6 off as the lesser of the 2 C6's if you hadn't shown me the error of my ways

frontrunner91
Cool that's what I was wanting to know my zr1 is not up to that speed yet and it's pushing 905 horses. :confused:

Seems like it doesn't make much difference what I do to the suspension on the Vette where on the Veyron and Aventador they were very sensitive to that.

frontrunner91
Wondering if there is some other difference. I do see that in the dealership the ZR is heavier. I wonder how much the body is different as well. Looks like Bob will get to break in another Vette later tonight

The zo6 has a higher top speed than the zr1 for some reason, possibly better aero from a smaller diffuser and spoiler. Also I used to spend some time tunnel dragging at ssr7 so my zo6 tune is pretty optimized.

The zo6 has a higher top speed than the zr1 for some reason, possibly better aero from a smaller diffuser and spoiler. Also I used to spend some time tunnel dragging at ssr7 so my zo6 tune is pretty optimized.

Mine need broken in yet. Motors are still at 840 hp The best I ran so far in the zo6 was 256.5 and in the Race Mod zo6 a 267.6 line to line like al my speeds.

Edit added a wing to the Zo6 non RM used wing a because it doesn't look stupid and still allows downforce adjustment. Ran 1 run and hit 258.6

The ZR1 on the other hand has only 1 wing option and it does look stupid. It also unlike the Zo6 slows the Zr1 down. I'm using the same settings between the 2 cars.

Last edited:
frontrunner91
Mine need broken in yet. Motors are still at 840 hp The best I ran so far in the zo6 was 256.5 and in the Race Mod zo6 a 267.6 line to line like al my speeds.

I'm Still kind of surprised the race mod is so much faster with all the extra downforce.

Back