Top Speed of GT5 Cars V2

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 381 comments
Smuttysy
(EDIT: Managed a 357.6mph in the X2011, for which I'll be posting a full tune in my tuning thread tomorrow. It's got some weird acceleration once you hit around 332mph!)

Same here 334mph and up almost seemed like it had nos lol

PS: Check that SLS AMG 0-60 time in your spreadsheet. I don't think it takes 23 seconds for that car to do it :).

Well I went back to my x2011 and did some tinkering. I got 358.1mph out of it. I've maxed this car out I do believe. I dont believe I can get it any faster. I only got that speed 2x and the rest was in upper 157s. anyhow here is a pic

2012-03-08_19-14-58_149.jpg

Last edited:
I can happily report that a fully tuned C63 AMG can reach a maximum of 293mph using the stock gearbox, if you are gentle on the throttle...

I can happily report that a fully tuned C63 AMG can reach a maximum of 293mph using the stock gearbox, if you are gentle on the throttle...
Sorry to be cynical but this I would like to see proof of, as it's best part of 60mph faster than I can get, and also 20mph faster than the much more powerful SL600. I've had it drafting 310mph behind a bunch of much more capable cars, and even that was a struggle, so 293mph on it's own I find very hard to believe.

I'd love to know the set up for this. Then I could test it online and see if it works there too, so hopefully be able to get even higher speeds in a redbull room.

It will work fine,,,,, until you get to the corners, whereupon it is completely useless. The reason being that there's essentially no front end grip or sometimes contact with the road. You have to add full wing to the rear, none to the front, lower all the suspension settings to their lowest values and then (the crucial bit) add ballast to the front. It seems counter intuitive to add weight to the car in order to get a higher speed but for some reason it works.
If you do use it in a Redbull room you're best off avoiding this setup unless people are using the room for raw speed testing down the back straight, rather than proper racing, if I'm completely honest, as you'll be left behind on the cornering phases without question.
Using a similar setup using the Vettel model in practice mode it would draft up to around 380mph, but dropped to less than 250mph in the corners.
(I know I promised to put my full tune for his method up but I've been distraced by Shift 2)

Googledocs Update - 11/3/12

Missing wing and PP entries added

New / updated speeds for the following:
  • Bentley Speed 8 - 287.6mph
  • Ferrari California (With hard top and wing) - 215.9mph
  • Alfa Romeo Zagatto - 184.3mph
  • Alfa Romeo 8C - 216.0mph
  • AEM S2000 - 200.4mph
  • Audi R8 5.2 - 244.6mph
  • Audi LeMans Quattro - 254.6mph
  • Lamborghini Nomad Diablo - 244.6mph

Last edited:
The brief tune you mentioned is what I've been running since the Route X DLC was released.

With it though, after hours of tuning, could only get 348mph on the speed test run.

The other thing was, is that the set up for the speed test run doesn't work online as the physics are different, it would only do 342mph. You have to change the rear aero online in order to get a higher speed, which is 349mph online.

I was wondering if there was something different to the set up to get that 358, and whether that would still translate to the online physics.

And yes, these redbull rooms are filling up every night now, exceeding speeds of 650mph. It's all about tactical slipstreaming.

I'd love to know the set up for this. Then I could test it online and see if it works there too, so hopefully be able to get even higher speeds in a redbull room.

Im getting ready to goto work but when I get off Ill send you the tune in a pm. The car does 347s online. Darn online/offline physics.

How I found to do the faster speeds is have 3-4 people goes backwards, then as soon as they start seeing our sparks in turn 2 they turn around and start going the right direction at about 250mph. After we pass thru them they doo the same. We use their BOOST because they are a lap down.

But I've raced with you a few times in these rooms, you have a very fast car.

There is a video on Youtube of someone doing 361mph on the test. But it also doesn't have room in the gears for drafting. My gears doing the 358.1mph in 4th gear

Last edited:
Car: Audi RS6 Avant '08
Top Speed: 387,3 kph / 240,66 mph
PP Min/Max: 523 / 633
Aero Front Min/Max: 0 / 0
Aero Rear Min/Max: 5 / 20
Additional Notes: standard speed test, no tricks (0->10 km); all driving helpers off; no wing; 713 kw / 956 hp; 942 nm @ 6900 rpm; turbo 3

(@full round / down the hill: 394 kph / 244,82 mph)

Last edited:
Car: Red Bull X2011 Prototype
Top Speed: 351.7 MPH

2exx0cy.jpg

EDIT- Just got 357.6, trying to beat 358 ^^

Last edited:
My first post :)

X2011 581,0 km/h (361.0 mph)

I haven't tried slipstreaming yet, because it is very hard to find some people who seriously go for slipstream records.

Would be very cool if some of you add me and invite to some Route X slipstreaming. I'm pretty sure 1000+ km/h is possible.

Would be cool to see a video of 1000 km/h!!! 👍

Greets from Germany
Moly

I'm pretty sure 1000+ km/h is possible.

Would be cool to see a video of 1000 km/h!!!

Welcome

That speed was passed a while ago now. Highest speed I've witnessed is 1072km/h (666mph). Though the highest I've done myself is 999km/h, aarghh! Another meter of slipstream and I would have made it.

Welcome

That speed was passed a while ago now. Highest speed I've witnessed is 1072km/h (666mph). Though the highest I've done myself is 999km/h, aarghh! Another meter of slipstream and I would have made it.

Impressive! 👍

Please invite me next time you race in a top speed lobby!

I will capture some nice videos of top speed then!

What's your gear ratio btw? The maximum seems to be about 1600 km/h.

1235 km/h is sound velocity :lol:

EDIT: My online record is now 926 km/h (575.4 mph).
My online gear ratio is at 1300 km/h (808 mph).
As soon as I reach the 1000 km/h I will upload a video!

Last edited:
I'm about to start Top Speed testing the X2011 Prototype..Could someone tell me what the maximum HP is for the car? I wanna know when I'm ready to do serious speed-testing.

Pokiprofer
My first post :)

X2011 581,0 km/h (361.0 mph)

I haven't tried slipstreaming yet, because it is very hard to find some people who seriously go for slipstream records.

Would be very cool if some of you add me and invite to some Route X slipstreaming. I'm pretty sure 1000+ km/h is possible.

Would be cool to see a video of 1000 km/h!!! 👍

Greets from Germany
Moly

Good to see you on here. I've talked to you on Youtube. You beat my video on there.

There is a few rooms every now and then. I've raced with Lewis hamilton a few times. Add banginspl, im usually in the x1 rooms

Not to warn you guys but I'm already hitting 360.5 MPH at only 1635 HP..That 361 MPH record is going DOWN. Would go faster but I'm running out of track (From Start, Haven't used banking yet)

Edit: 360.9 MPH - Getting closer.

Last edited:
Good to see you on here. I've talked to you on Youtube. You beat my video on there.
There is a few rooms every now and then. I've raced with Lewis hamilton a few times. Add banginspl, im usually in the x1 rooms

Ok, very cool! 👍

I will add you next time I play!

Lewis_Hamilton_ has a full friendlist, so I can't add him..

Not to warn you guys but I'm already hitting 360.5 MPH at only 1635 HP..That 361 MPH record is going DOWN. Would go faster but I'm running out of track (From Start, Haven't used banking yet)

Edit: 360.9 MPH - Getting closer.

Wow nice!

I'm at 581,3 km/h (361.2 mph), but I haven't tried some settings yet.

There seems to be a lot of space for improvement.

Don't forget to post that video then! :)

Btw, what do you mean by "only 1635hp"?

Ok, very cool! 👍

Wow nice!

I'm at 581,3 km/h (361.2 mph), but I haven't tried some settings yet.

There seems to be a lot of space for improvement.

Don't forget to post that video then! :)

Btw, what do you mean by "only 1635hp"?

Haven't fully broken in my X2011 yet so it's only at 1635 HP where as the max is 1657 I think? Something in the high 1650's anyway.

edit: It's 1657 HP Max

Ok, very cool! 👍

Cool!

Haven't fully broken in my X2011 yet so it's only at 1635 HP where as the max is 1657 I think? Something in the high 1650's anyway.

edit: It's 1657 HP Max

1657????? both of mine are 1635max I would be interested into know how to get more out of it lol

Ok, very cool! 👍

Cool!

1657????? both of mine are 1635max I would be interested into know how to get more out of it lol

I'm just gonna run my X2011 until it fully breaks in..I'm about to hit 1000 miles, How far have you driven yours? I'm just going by information I've found on the internet (Multiple sources)

Ok, very cool! 👍

I'm just gonna run my X2011 until it fully breaks in..I'm about to hit 1000 miles, How far have you driven yours? I'm just going by information I've found on the internet (Multiple sources)

one is at 1000miles and the other is at around 5000miles

I always thought it was 1635bhp, but some countries use a slightly different measurement and say "1657ps". I think that's where the confusion came from - a difference in metric systems, but don't quote me on that.

What gear though. Can you use it to draft

7th but I'm sure it can be adapted to reach the speed in most gears with proper tuning (4-7 : not sure about any lower)

Unfortunately I can't get online right now..

I will post pictures of my exact setup later tonight.

cj0Lv.png

X2011 Prototype 361.7 MPH Setup

Notes: Achieving the above speed seems quite touchy meaning it won't happen on every go. You need to get a really good run from the banking and the car needs to cooperate. Took me quite a few tries, but I've done it twice, so not a fluke :)

Aero: 50/200
Ballast: 200(-50)

Transmission: (Hit speed at around 15,100+-50-75 RPM in 7th)
6:1.291
7:1.210
Final Gear: 2.490
Top Speed: 311
Top Speed (TOP): 385 MPH

LSD: 60/60/15
Suspension: 12.2/12.3
Dampers Extension: 1/1
Dampers Compression: 10/10
Anti Roll Bars: 1/1
Camber and Toe: All 0.

Tires: Racing Soft.