Top Speed of GT5 Cars V2

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 381 comments
I'm going online now, hopefully some of you guys are still there! 👍

Notes: Achieving the above speed seems quite touchy meaning it won't happen on every go. You need to get a really good run from the banking and the car needs to cooperate. Took me quite a few tries, but I've done it twice, so not a fluke :)

Wow awesome speed!

Does banking mean you go backwards and then start in the corner? 👎

@Lewis_Hamilton_
Would it be possible to add me? Your friendlist seems to be full. Maybe you can add me next time you have a free friend slot?

I see that the dampers compression is at 10. I've always ran it at 1. Im gonna have to try that.

I wont be on till a little later. Find a an x1 room that has a guy named froger. He has a video up on Youtube doing 620mph. I've raced with him a few times. Very fast

I see that the dampers compression is at 10. I've always ran it at 1. Im gonna have to try that.

I tried that a while ago, it makes no difference. The speed seems to go up more fluent, but in the end it makes the same speed.

Last edited:
I'm going online now, hopefully some of you guys are still there! 👍

Wow awesome speed!

Does banking mean you go backwards and then start in the corner? 👎

@Lewis_Hamilton_
Would it be possible to add me? Your friendlist seems to be full. Maybe you can add me next time you have a free friend slot?

Yes. It's there, the straight isn't long enough, so why wouldn't I use it? Quite a few of the posted records are using banking (Lots of mine)

Dampers do nothing for you? I went from a lowly amount of speed to the 360's with proper dampers..Dunno what you use. I think my previous damper setting was just poor, hence the big difference for me.

Yes. It's there, the straight isn't long enough, so why wouldn't I use it? Quite a few of the posted records are using banking (Lots of mine)

I know that at least 200 or more (out of 268) of the records posted are line to line, mostly because I have either posted them myself or have been able to verify other's speeds myself using line to line runs only.
Now I personally would only like to see line to line records, but as Corpsey is the thread owner the final decision as to the inclusion of "bank to line" runs is his. It may well be that we add in a new category to the googledocs spreadsheet to define the run type (B2L or L2L), but for the time being I'm in two minds about where to go with this, as there's nothing stopping anyone going to the other side of the track to get an even bigger run-up.
Line to line runs are also easier to verify, and keeps things benchmarked, as in (X) car is capable of attaining (Y)mph over the standing 10Km distance.

I know that at least 200 or more (out of 268) of the records posted are line to line, mostly because I have either posted them myself or have been able to verify other's speeds myself using line to line runs only.
Now I personally would only like to see line to line records, but as Corpsey is the thread owner the final decision as to the inclusion of "bank to line" runs is his. It may well be that we add in a new category to the googledocs spreadsheet to define the run type (B2L or L2L), but for the time being I'm in two minds about where to go with this, as there's nothing stopping anyone going to the other side of the track to get an even bigger run-up.
Line to line runs are also easier to verify, and keeps things benchmarked, as in (X) car is capable of attaining (Y)mph over the standing 10Km distance.

That's exactly my opinion. 👍

It's much easier to compare setups and I think players are not supposed to go backwards and then "cheat" to reach a better topspeed.

I mean if there was an official ranking, banking wouldn't be allowed, for sure!

Pokiprofer
I tried that a while ago, it makes no difference. The speed seems to go up more fluent, but in the end it makes the same speed.

If you are on find us. Some records are gonna be broke in the x1. Crazy speeds

That's exactly my opinion. 👍

It's much easier to compare setups and I think players are not supposed to go backwards and then "cheat" to reach a better topspeed.

I mean if there was an official ranking, banking wouldn't be allowed, for sure!

What a laugh, That's all I'm going to say on this topic. It's very simple in my own view. The straight isn't long enough, so why would I limit myself? I want to find a top speed of the car, not a top speed over a set distance. Get my point? We both have different views, and that's that. Nothing much can be done

For now I won't post banked results, but once Corpsey returns I'd like his take on it..if he returns.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
430,8 kph / 267,69 mph

Record Beaten --- New Record 267.8 MPH - Video below

I will post my setup for those who wish to view it. If you wish to view it, put a post below. If not, I won't post it :)

Last edited:
Car: Audi RS6 Avant '08
Top Speed: 387,3 kph / 240,66 mph
PP Min/Max: 523 / 633
Aero Front Min/Max: 0 / 0
Aero Rear Min/Max: 5 / 20
Additional Notes: standard speed test, no tricks (0->10 km); all driving helpers off; no wing; 713 kw / 956 hp; 942 nm @ 6900 rpm; turbo 3

(@full round / down the hill: 394 kph / 244,82 mph)

Record beaten - NEW RECORD: 241.2 MPH - Video below

cien concept 443.5 km/h - 275.6mph
Aero Front Min/Max: Min
Aero Rear Min/Max: Max

vette z06 (c6) RM 444.7 km/h - 276.3mph
Aero Front Min/Max: Min
Aero Rear Min/Max: Max

Record beaten --- NEW Record of 278.5 MPH - Video Below

nice wanna post your setup ?because i cannot get it faster:)
ps. i use a 5 gear trans

Z06 RM TOP SPEED Setup

Vital Stats: 866 HP / 1190 KG
Aero: 15/60
Ballast: 0

Transmission: It may not work, you may need to set it yourself..
2: 2.327
3: 1.560
4: 1.141
5: 0.851
6: 0.691
Final Gear: 2.843
Top Speed: 286
Top Speed Indicated: 353 MPH
Launch in 2nd Gear

Suspension
Ride Height: 95/0
Spring Rate: 5.0/5.0
Dampers Extension: 1/1
Dampers Compression: 10/10
Anti Roll Bars: 1/1
Camber and Toe: All 0.

Tires: Racing Soft

Enjoy.

Googledocs Update - 25/03/12

New or updated entries for:
  • Nissan GTR R35 TC - 259.6mph (Ugabugaz new record)
  • Citroen GT By Citroen Race Car - 244.0mph
  • Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 - 243.7mph
  • Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 - 282.1mph
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 - 212.9mph
  • Ford GT LM Spec 2 Test Car - 267.1mph
  • Toyota FT-86 G-Sports - 191.6mph
  • Nissan GTR '07 - 248.1mph
  • Ferrari 458 Italia - 228.4mph
  • Mazda 787B Race Car - 276.0mph
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C6 RM - 267.8mph (Ugabugaz new record)
  • Mazda RX7 Spirit R '02 - 228.8mph
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4 GSR - 202.1mph
  • Ferrari F430 - 220.9mph
  • McLaren F1 (With Wing) - 266.3mph
  • Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 - 174.5mph
  • Volvo C30 R-Design - 186.2mph
  • Audi RS6 Avan '08 - 241.2mph (Ugabugaz New Record)
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6 RM - 278.5mph (Ugabugaz New Record)
  • Honda Epson NSX Race Car - 225.6mph
  • Toyota Supra 3.0GT - 216.3mph
  • Subaru Impreza RM - 207.9mph*
* - The Impreza has a higher power and torque level with stage 2 turbo, which I used for the test, but all the power is in the middle of the rev range, between 5000 and 6000rpm. Produced a better top speed than the stage 3 turbo despite this, you just need to shift gears so much earlier than you really feel you should.

Getting some very strange handling characteristics from the ZR1 RM when I get over 265mph, it goes wandering off to the side with no steering input from me, and is completely uncontrollable to a degree where I would say the wheels are no longer in contact with the ground. Strange that the Z06 doesn't seem to suffer the same issue, despite my setup for both being identical!

Epson NSX was a bit of a struggle at first, but then I decided to gear 6th gear out of reach so making the gearbox a 5 speed and it really started to fly.

The Copen was a bit of shock too, ridiculously fast given the low power. Compared with the Volvo, which has more than twice the power of the little one it mystified me. The Copen with only 207bhp pulled 174.5mph and the Volvo only managed 186.2mph with 439bhp! Sure, weight has a massive effect on acceleration and overall speed but 12mph from double the power seemed a little bit underwhelming.

(Apologies if I've missed anyone's new records, I just did a brief scan over the last page so please feel free to pm me with a reminder)

Last edited:
The weight makes a big difference , as does powerband (or it's wrong use)

To fix the drifting in the ZR1 you could play around with damper settings.
I've found those being able to keep my Speed 12 going forward instead of wondering off to the walls.

MadMax

A slight diversion, has anyone else figured out the Veyron 'spoiler' glitch yet? I think it'd be very strange if just one person in the entire GTP community knew how to do this after all the time that has passed since it's first mention.

There is no spoiler glitch. What people are referring to is the top speed mode when the spoiler goes almost fully down.
If one was to reverse and drive backwards for higher start speed the wing would be alredy down.
This I believe is what the spoiler trick means. 👎

a real gentleman thx i try it later:)
hm have a 412miles vette but only 861 hp....

Give it a few more miles..Mine is at 442.2 Miles

@Smut - I can post my ZR1 setup if you want it..I got the shaking too in a few runs (Oddballs I guess). It's all down to how much weight you put on it. Z06 and ZR1 setups are pretty different.

There is no spoiler glitch. What people are referring to is the top speed mode when the spoiler goes almost fully down.
If one was to reverse and drive backwards for higher start speed the wing would be alredy down.
This I believe is what the spoiler trick means. 👎

I seem to remember a certain Mr. Welsh Fury, I think it was, referring to speeds of 300 or so with wing deployed, and over 320 without it deployed over in the later stages of the SSR7 thread, and was incredibly secretive about how it was done. I know that the dropping of the wing gives the acceleration a boost but this happens at around 230mph. Even taking a run up will generally only yeild just over 300mph.
(posting from my phone, so can't copy and paste a link but it's in the SSR7 top speeds thread, post 230 where he first mentions it)

EDIT - Here's the quote

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09

300.2 MPH (With Rear Spoiler Activated)
320.6 MPH (Without Rear Spoiler Activated)

Shame there's no legit way to crazy glue that spoiler down.

Here it is within the thread including a screenshot from the speedtest results page stating 331.9mph

Last edited:
Ford Mustang (premium, 4.7L V8), with drafting on SSRX, I got it up to 320 km/h. Which is ridiculous, you shouldn't have to draft on a colossal oval-shaped track just to max out a car. The gear ratios on cars like the Mustang are too tall (or at least the top gear is).

Smuttysy , I can't see the picture which is being hosted at tinypic , unfortunatedly. (need to adjust my MTU settings)

My bet on that case would be a) different version of GT5 / patch 2.0x ? b) X1 in Bugatti shell or other way around. :sly: c) ???

MadMax

Smuttysy , I can't see the picture which is being hosted at tinypic , unfortunatedly. (need to adjust my MTU settings)

My bet on that case would be a) different version of GT5 / patch 2.0x ? b) X1 in Bugatti shell or other way around. :sly: c) ???

MadMax

imgur rehost
fbRzG.jpg

I can tell you the picture is genuine

Thanks ugabugaz 👍

The date on that picture is the release date of the speed test pack.
Based on this I'd be ready to say that the speed is no longer repeatable because of something in the physics engine got patched / was changed.

I have tuned the Veyron post 2.04 and done exactly 302 mph , if there was a way to wheelie / shatter/shakes - the 4WD acceleration thing that was in GT4 then the 331.9 would be a piece of cake.

MadMax

Back