Top Speed of GT5 Cars V2

• Thread starter Corpsey
  • 381 comments
I hit 274mph in a Shelby cobra on Le mans down the mulsanne while drafting a veyron.

I'm sure faster is possible on route x or ssr7.

Aero: none
Tune: max ride height front
min ride height back
lowest suspension for all spring rate, dampers, sway bars
camber and toe 0.0
LSD at 5/5/5
all engine and weight upgrades
no oil change and no break in

Nice! I'm really wondering what you did...

I fine tuned almost everything. (adjusted stock gears)

It took me hours to get the car up to 339.0 mph and after that ,
when I had alredy called it quits - it took me only 15 minutes to get it 0.3 mph faster.
(because I tested something I had alredy deemed useless / finished :lol:)

I fine tuned almost everything. (adjusted stock gears)

It took me hours to get the car up to 339.0 mph and after that ,
when I had alredy called it quits - it took me only 15 minutes to get it 0.3 mph faster.
(because I tested something I had alredy deemed useless / finished :lol:)

Hmm..Wonder what that could be. I thought I had taken care of everything but guess not. I'll give it a go sometime. Could it perhaps be dampers? Cause that's what I found to have a large effect post 2.08.

342.7 km/h / 212.9 mph - Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car '98

And the setup: (in case anyone is interested)
Automatic transmission

1050 bhp / 950kg (702pp)

DF 20/65
ballast 150kg position -50

stock gears , adjusted:
F2.000

stock LSD

torgue split 45/55

suspension
20/-50
4.9/4.2
1/1
1/1
7/1

0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Racing Soft tyres

NOTE:
I'm sure the car can do 0.1 km/h / mph faster with suspension fine tuning and better gears.

New v2.08 spreadsheet coming, although I'm working on some bits and pieces for it

Changes so far:
  • PP values disregarded, as these are pretty much fixed values when cars are fully tuned and run in.
  • Wing variables also left off, as these are also fixed values. If I were taking down the actual values used by each tester this would become more relevant, but more time consuming.
(They will remain as part of the previous sheets, so all those details will still be available for viewing)

NEW FEATURES!
  • Speed values can now be submitted using either MPH or KMH, as I have put in formulas to calculate in either direction
  • Speed difference from previous update now recorded - compare how much the update has ruined your cars! (or how much faster some of them are)

As I mentioned before, this is still a work in progress, and may change at any moment. This may also require a new thread, due to the dramatically different performance some of these cars are now showing, but for the time being it's best to keep running in here.

So, for the new database all I will need is:
  1. Car Name / Year etc
  2. Top Speed achieved, in either MPH or KMH (Standing run over the 10km Speedtest only, no drafted runs, no banked runs, no Mulsanne runs)
  3. Any notes you may wish to add, if the stage 2 turbo works better for top speed runs etc
All speeds will be verified for authenticity, and if they are seemingly completely out of reach, proof will be requested. If this is not forthcoming, your submission will be rejected - you have been warned! :sly:

Had some spare time and reran the redbull proto 2010 and then the rest of redbulls.

550.9 km/h / 342.3 mph - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2011 Prototype (before break in (at 1510bhp), it was over 20km/h faster than X2010's)
515.6 km/h / 320.4 mph - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 (reaches the speed earlyer than the prototype)
515.6 km/h / 320.4 mph - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 Prototype (rerun , lost at least 3mph , had not finished tuning before 2.08)
515.5 km/h / 320.3 mph - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel (final gear slider only - longer last gear than in the other 2)

MadMax

Did I miss anything? All my top speed setups do not work anymore since the last update 2.08. What happened?

The aerodynamics and ride height got tweaked.

My 520 km/h + X2010 did barely 400 km/h after the update.

Now having minimum downforce at front seems to be fastest.
Pre 2.08 some cars benefitted from low , but not allways minimum front downforce.

I'm currently tuning the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
and I got it up to 479.4 km/h / 297.9 mph on the very first try after break in. (922 bhp)

Sorry , Apophis_2029 . :mischievous:

MadMax

Last edited:
Just under 120mph. Got really bored waiting so I wedged an SD card under the R2 button and left it to do the rest of the run by itself.

All the speeds are now migrated to the updated new thread, which takes into account the newer physics model that 2.08 and 2.09 have implemented.

Bumping this to the top. Im working on a Toyota GT-One racecar right now. I did a run last night at 310.4mph. Trying to pass 315mph

EDIT: Now I feel bad :( I see that someone has hit 340mph in the GT-One on the speed test

May sound silly for me saying this. But can somebody give us a full tune of these or at least not their best ones? This way it would make newcomers find out more quicker and and the could aslo help the community. At least any tune above 330mph. Oh pretty please.

Back