Touge One Stop Shop (TOSS): Everything Touge on GTP - Interview #7 Up

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 97 comments
I'll like to announce that TOSS will be running a Touge Duel Scoring System called LotS.

Features:
- Two Player Rival Battle
- Battle whenever, don't have to wait for the event organisers
- Street racing RPG
- A leveling system for drivers
- Formulated scoring system

Last edited:
i am sooo gonna register for LotS. just gotta get the right vehicle

any drive train restrictions? since it is Touge... Initial D had varied drivetrains from competitors

also, anyone here know a good Touge setup for FF vehicles?
i have a Spoon DC2 i wanna use badly :D

SolidSnake7735
i am sooo gonna register for LotS. just gotta get the right vehicle

any drive train restrictions? since it is Touge... Initial D had varied drivetrains from competitors

also, anyone here know a good Touge setup for FF vehicles?
i have a Spoon DC2 i wanna use badly :D

I have one for the standed '98 DC2. I went after speed, but it had to be easy to drive and be good for street use (kind of like spoon) but doesn't the spoon come with a setup.

I have one for the standed '98 DC2. I went after speed, but it had to be easy to drive and be good for street use (kind of like spoon) but doesn't the spoon come with a setup.

Yeah it does, but it comes with fixed sports suspension and no LSD

SolidSnake7735

Nope, everything is bundled together. There has been FR vs FF, FR vs 4WD, FR vs MR and FR vs FR in Initial D. So there are no classes. It's the ultimate street cars battle.

We're running a preliminary season, to see if the rules and restrictions are good enough to keep things competitive. I'll like all to try have restrictions to keep the cars balanced.

TOSS Interviews vasho

TimberW's notes: I thought of doing some interviews for my team, and decided to put it as a feature on TOSS instead. These Interviews are done from perspective of a PROTOSS team member participating the GTTC.

+ What inspired you into the touge scene?
I will have to tell that it was the Manga and Anime Initial D. Since the first time i saw it i am hooked into racing on mountain passes - in game and in real life.

+ What do you love most about the Touge & how is touge different from other racing disciplines?
This is a hard question to answer. But let me try.

I love that it does not take a fast car to win a race on the touge, but much more it is the skill from the driver which determines the winner. But i suppose this is in all race disciplines the same :)
Its all about how you take the turn. A touge track with lot of turns is what i love most. Here only the one who knows how to attack a corner will win in the end.
What is different? Well for GT5 i love to drive with sport hard tyres - not sport soft, or even racing. With sport hard it does not matter if you have a faster car in turns - what matters is how you take the turn. So even a slover car wins easyle in turns against an overpoverd car which driver does not know how to tackle a corner properly.
And all the other race events are boring compared to the TOUGE :)

+ In what way do you think the GTP community can improve on the touge scene?
Well for starters a real mountain pass track would help a lot. Or at least a proper theme for the track generator and an option to have a real elevation like on a mountatin pass.
Than of course it would be nice if there would be a weekly happening for touge lovers where we could all meet and have a nice clean race. It is hard to find someone who does not leave the room after a while because he does not like the restrictions to sport hard tyres. Or someone who knows how to drive and does not crash into you from the back because he does not brake.
Or if PD could host such events - would be awsome.
But it is on a good way as it is now. I really appriciate the work of you and others who put in so much work.

+ What other racing disciplines are you into in GT5?
Rally :)

+ Tell us a little bit about why you choose your car?
My car that i enjoy to drive the most is the Nissan Skyline GT-R V.SPEC II (R32) 94
Well but i enjoy most of the 4WD cars to drive.
As since the time i switched to DFGT wheel i am realy bad in driving a RWD :scared:
And i tuned my car to realy suit my driving style and it behaves like a RWD but it forgives the littel mistakes i do much more than a RWD would.
And besides its a beast.

+ What do you drive in real life?
I drive a FWD in real life :( A SEAT IBIZA Sport Coupe.

+ Any last words?
Just wanna hit the track with some fellow Touge lovers and have some fun in a nice and clean race :)

Thats all.

Interviews are cool
R32 IS beast lol

I wish we had mountain passes in NYC
makes me wanna move to a place with more fun drives

i just want to know why, why sh for even 500pp?

I guess ultimately, it's really down to preference and concept behind the individual's interpertation of their 'touge'. Just like why the drifting community says Comfort Hards are the 'pro' tyres. In the end, comfort hard became a recommended tyre not because of the speed they can drift at, it's more of the angle, style and lines they could take using the comfort hards.

It's the same for the Touge, Because part of the community and I think that Sports Hard is a top of the line road legal tyre, it would be logical to adopt that because on the streets you'll require road legal tyres.

Well, it's really a mix about real life and GT5 life. You know, people like to do what they normally wouldn't/couldn't do in real life and try and emulate it elsewhere.

I guess ultimately, it's really down to preference and concept behind the individual's interpertation of their 'touge'. Just like why the drifting community says Comfort Hards are the 'pro' tyres. In the end, comfort hard became a recommended tyre not because of the speed they can drift at, it's more of the angle, style and lines they could take using the comfort hards.

It's the same for the Touge, Because part of the community and I think that Sports Hard is a top of the line road legal tyre, it would be logical to adopt that because on the streets you'll require road legal tyres.

Well, it's really a mix about real life and GT5 life. You know, people like to do what they normally wouldn't/couldn't do in real life and try and emulate it elsewhere.

I think as well that Sport Hard Tyres are the best tyres for touge.
I tryed to run on Sport Soft once and the car was like glued to the road.

I mean in real life when you go into a sharp turn you will not go 90 km/h or 100 km/h. If you would than you would probably end up dead. With sport soft it was nothing like that. The car turned in as nothing.
So i think sport hard tyres do simulate the real tyres the best.
Its just my presonal preference. And ulitmately 500PP does not mean that you go faster through the turn. It just mean that you get to the turn faster than a 450PP.

Peace

I've just developed another ingenious track, those who have me as a PSN friend should definitely check it out. those who don't should add me to do so :P

In response to your question TimberW: my opinion is that at least 460PP is a good minimum if you want to include 4WD cars. An average lightly tuned (350HP, 1250kg) would probably have a PP of about 470. Although they are nice, round, multiples of 50, I think that 450PP and 500PP are awkward standards to tune to; you either end up with 400HP monsters or sub-240HP RWD cars (most JDM 4WDs are 280HP).

An average lightly tuned (350HP, 1250kg) would probably have a PP of about 470.

You're talking about 4WDs right?

I think that 450PP and 500PP are awkward standards to tune to; you either end up with 400HP monsters or sub-240HP RWD cars (most JDM 4WDs are 280HP).

Do you mean that 450PP would probably have 240HP RWD and 500PP would have 400HP RWD?

hi, i have a free night of gt5 tonight as the mrs is out! And im really up for some touge action.. Whos best to add?
If anyone is going to be racing tonight, add me on leexr2i and il add you when im home from work.. Add me if you got a touge track i could try out aswell! Thanks, lee.

hi, i have a free night of gt5 tonight as the mrs is out! And im really up for some touge action.. Whos best to add?
If anyone is going to be racing tonight, add me on leexr2i and il add you when im home from work.. Add me if you got a touge track i could try out aswell! Thanks, lee.

Check out Legend of the Streets. That'll be where all your Touge need would be.

If you guys want to be really legit then if we have enough room on the sides of the track the people who aren't racing could just I'll on the sides but there is this:

No DoucheBag Rule- You hit someone on purpose to make someone else win or lose auto kick not allowed to return until the next round.

Me likey this. 👍

If you guys want to be really legit then if we have enough room on the sides of the track the people who aren't racing could just I'll on the sides but there is this:

No DoucheBag Rule- You hit someone on purpose to make someone else win or lose auto kick not allowed to return until the next round.

Me likey this. 👍

I like this too

I was hosting an awesome (it was full, and everyone was Touge'ing!!) Touge lobby yesterday and i set a lap record. and said i'd give free car to anyone who can beat my lap time or beat me in a one lap battle

it was pretty awesome because n the main strip (start/finish) all the non-participants were lined up diagonally with their lights on in the dark

ii cant remember the last time i experienced something so awesome as i sped by at 130mph to all those flashing lights LOL

TimberW
You're talking about 4WDs right?

Do you mean that 450PP would probably have 240HP RWD and 500PP would have 400HP RWD?
I don't think the PP system takes drivetrain into account, and if it did, I am not noticing a significant advantage for 4WDs. Basically, I think think that 475PP is what most light-tuned cars would sit at, and using either 450 or 500PP makes it awkward for tuned JDM cars.

Hot Version Touge Showdown doesn't care about how much the car is heavy or not or if it was high league car, they cared about handling, speed(if it's just speed, lot of under steer, bounces a lot and doesn't absorb the bumps. Screw it), good suspension setup and how safe it is. They rather split the car groups into horsepower rather then limited of tuning.

Last edited:
Hot Version Touge Showdown doesn't care about how much the car is heavy or not or if it was high league car, they cared about handling, speed and how safe it is. They rather split the car groups into horsepower rather then limited of tuning.

Well then should we do the same here? Horsepower instead of PP? i dont know... cause a 600HP GT-R would get beat by a 450HP FD in corners

Well then should we do the same here? Horsepower instead of PP? i dont know... cause a 600HP GT-R would get beat by a 450HP FD in corners

I think we should. Well battle outcomes are unknown but we know about FDs beating GTR because GTRs are really heavy. If you lose the weight on the car, it will corner better.

Latest Posts

Back