Touge One Stop Shop (TOSS): Everything Touge on GTP - Interview #7 Up

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 97 comments
Yes, I would prefer to classify them in a true Unlimited PP class. Then it allows for all modifications. But in saying that, what tyres should it use though... hehe...

Yes, I would prefer to classify them in a true Unlimited PP class. Then it allows for all modifications. But in saying that, what tyres should it use though... hehe...

Haha. Since Touge is on street, we should use Sports Hard and Comfort Soft because Slicks are for the track and Street Tires are for Road. Gotta think about Rain and Snow.

Haha. Since Touge is on street, we should use Sports Hard and Comfort Soft because Slicks are for the track and Street Tires are for Road. Gotta think about Rain and Snow.

I think Sports Hard are still good for rain (idk bout snoow yet)
I was running SH on my 500PP Z32 on the 'ring and it handled fairly well

TOSS Interviews scoRRRp

TimberW's notes: Now we go to GTTC's spoke person, although GTTC hasn't officially started yet. We know that when it kicks off it's going to be a blast! Sorry about the pic, it was purple but when I converted it to Jpeg, it became blue?? Here's what scoRRRp has to say:

+ What inspired you into the touge scene?
When I started watching Initial D, I noticed that racing on the touge is just as challenging as racing on world-renowned tracks, simply because touges are very technical, have a somewhat constant elevation change, and because of the rush you get while battling.

+ What do you love most about the Touge & how is touge different from other racing disciplines?
What I love most about the touge, is that you do not need an exotic car to race. You mostly see JDM cars because it's Japan of course, but also because JDM cars are mostly light and nimble, perfect for tight, technical tracks. Touge is different from other racing disciplines in the way that Touge is more of a street sport and you focus more on an aggressive 1v1 battle, rather than in other types of racing where you worry about slipstreams, pits, proper overtaking, etc., all of which are very challenging as well.

+ In what way do you think the GTP community can improve on the touge scene?
I think the best way the GTP community can improve on the touge scene, is by;
1: Having a touge sub-forum
2: The community must listen to rules and regulations that are placed in an event for touge and be ready to accept rules that they may not be used to
3: Must understand the actual role of drifting in touge, and how it's not always advantageous
4: Lastly, understand that this is about having fun, because racing on the touge is a very distinct style of racing and it is all about driving under pressure and making clutch maneuvers (clutch meaning race-winning).

+ What other racing disciplines are you into in GT5?
Nothing really. I just love JDM cars so touge is my game.

+ Tell us a little bit about why you choose your car?
I chose my FD3S because the body size is somewhat abnormal but useful for agility, and it has a great amount of power. It requires a great deal of throttle precision but when you have that down, the car drives like a dream. It strikes a scary balance of good steering and power, almost making it an all around car. I also think it's one of the sexiest cars my eyes have ever had the fortune to gaze upon.

+ What do you drive in real life?
Absolutely nothing right now ironically. But, I used to have a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, and that was a 306HP V6 all NA FR beast. It was somewhat heavy but got the job done :D

+ Any last words?
I just wanted to thank you Timber for the interview, my last words for the community is to remember that GT5 is very flimsy, so try your best to follow the rules when participating in a touge battle, like not going back to the pit to replace tires unless you beat your opponent already, etc. Also, the GTTC is still very new so we are still trying to polish things out, I have been the only one taking care of the official thread, and optomus is not back yet from his internet outage or whatever to give me an official word on certain rules, so please bear with me. This weekend has been the 4th of July weekend so things have been kinda slow, but afterward there will be something in store.

Last edited:
Touge Prize Lobby is open

1472-6681-33286-8589-6543

PP +/- (Tires will be upgraded in unison with Performance)
Damage Real
Tracks will be Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, along with others and custom tracks.

Standard cars will be given away as prizes for setting/beating lap times under the set conditions

Alex89
Which timezone are you guys in? I got a civic that would fit perfect for touge.

Your Civic will fit in Legend of the Streets. Its a tournament where timezone doesn't play a big role.

mopar-440
I am quite interested in running touge...i got a 2010 Subaru with 490pp oh sh

The place to run is listed at post #1, either Legend of the Streets which is in its pre-season of Gran Turismo Touge Competition which starts this Saturday.

that didnt help at all lol.

Touge = Mountain Pass (in japanese)

Touge racing is racing on the mountain pass. Street legal vehicles (hence why the S/H tires and medium PP range) battling it out in different race types

Touge is considered its own racing discipline. A mixture of grip and drift driving with the ultimate goal of being faster than the other guy.

How does that differ from grip driving? barely... from Drift? cause it's not about the wheelspin, the angle, or the smoke... you'd drift around certain corners to go faster and get a faster time.

The biggest difference is that Touge is raced on where else but the Touge (Mountain Pass). dangerous narrow roads where you have little room for error.

If the video didnt help, and this post doesn't either... all i can suggest is for you to join one of our sessions and sit in to look at how its done. I promise once you try it, you'll be hooked!

TOSS Interviews xXHannibaalXx

TimberW's notes: GTTC is starting this Saturday and Hannibaal is going to represent the PROTOSS team. I hope we're on the same page on this, since already has a 460PP machine tuned!!

I must say that like a lot of touge racers, I am a huge Initial D fan. This show is what peeked my interest for the touge and I have watched countless episodes of Hot Version since then. While I was waiting for GT5 to come out, I was getting pumped up for some touge action and began talking to some people about it. While I was a bit disappointed at first because there were no pure touge circuits in GT5, the update letting us race on user created tracks was very appreciated and ravived my interest in competitive online touge.

+ What do you love most about the Touge & how is touge different from other racing disciplines?
Touge is a really good test of both car and driver. The amount of concentration required is phenomenal because it's one corner after another and the fact that we are using street cars with radials means that you always have to be aware of the amount of grip you can use at any moment. With changes in road camber, blind corners, hairpins, you have to be able to adapt quickly and always be prepared. The adrenaline that comes when both drivers are fighting at their limit makes this sort of racing my favorite competition.

It's a bit sad to see that there are not that much people on GT5 and on GTP who are interested in touge racing. I rarely see any touge rooms when I go in open lobby and the few touge threads on GTP aren't incredibly active. I'm hoping that once we start the GTTC, more people will pay attention and begin hosting touge rooms more regularly, especially now that a whole infrastructure has been created to facilitate the process.

While touge and drifting are my two biggest passions, I also enjoy some hardcore time attack from time to time but I rarely play A-Spec and B-Spec. The seasonals are a nice addition though, especially the really hard ones.

I've always been a big Mazda fan and when I first tested the RX-8, the results were just as incredible as I thought they would be. Rotary engines are a fascinating piece of technology on which Mazda spent a lot of time and effort to perfect over the years and I doubt anyone could say that they aren't competitive. That wicked sound and the high revving makes me fall for rotaries everytime. While it may not be a pure performance car like the RX-7, the great balance and steady power of the RX-8 makes it a amazing ride for 460PP. It controls very nicely and also has stunning looks. At 1310 kg, it was a bit heavy for me but it falls to 1085 kg after chassis upgrades, which is just right for the touge.

As I am currently broke and going through university, I barely drive at all. The time I spend on GT5 satisfies my driving addiction just enough for me not to get a ton of debts :P I'm aiming for my first buy to be a Miata or an FC although I'm not sure if that's going to be possible/practical at the moment.

+ Any last words?
I'm really looking forward to having some close races in the GTTC and I hope everyone is going to be as pumped as me, I'm going to give it my very best!

TOSS Interviews InitialR
(used to be ProjectR)

TimberW's notes: Well, I've got this interview quite a while back, but I can't seem to get a picture up yet. Don't know what's wrong with my GT Home. I'll get a picture up when I can.

Pic of Yellow NSX-R '02​

Well it had to be when I was 13 and I first saw Initial D, I didnt know what touge was back then until I seen that

I like touge because It personal, wether it be between the drivers or the cars.

I love what you have done Timber, You have created a game within a game. LotS to me is Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift Online with Gran Turismo physics, something that used to only exsist in my dreams! I cant wait for the rules to be ironed out and this thing to really take off!

Believe it or not this is my first time running competitivly on these randomly generated tracks, I ran alot of 450pp-600pp, Ive also raced alot of One on one with my uncle, GTP_ProjectR.

The Honda NSX-R, just rolls right off the tounge haha. I choose this car because; Its my dream car, Its lightweight at 1050kg and 320hp, Its Mid-Engine, and I can drive the hell out of it. Did you know that in 2002 the NSX was the first sports car to produce Negative Lift? That means the body/chassis creates its own downforce.

Its a car that Ive REALLY been wanting in GT for a long time. The DA9 or 1991 Acura Integra.

+ So how did it feel when you lost your LotS winning 10 win streak and what do you have to say to MONSTAR?
I knew that somebody would come along and beat me, Its people like MONSTAR that will make me faster. Im not hurt by the loss of the streak because I was beaten by a very skilled driver and he deserved to win with driving like that. MONSTAR your the only person besides my uncle that I can race with like that, you understand that driving lines and braking points change when racing side by side, and that right there will set you aside from any driver ive faced.

+ How about KNIGHT_SPIRIT, any words for him?
I've got nothing to lose now! That R32 is going DOWN!

+ Last question from me, is GTP_ProjectR & GTP_InitialR the same person :lol:?
GTP_ProjectR was a shared PSN account by my uncle and I. I moved out and got my own PS3 and became InitialR, I just haven't made a new GTP account because I dont post too often. He is just as fast as Iam and races clean, he just doesnt do the forum stuff, but He knows the rules and wants to race, so feel free to challenge him anytime for some good practice! I think we'll keep him off the books I like the idea of having a wanderer running around out there.

+ Any last words?
I feel like I've said too much already haha.

TOSS Interviews Jackthalad

TimberW's notes: One of the first Tuning Garages that supports the Touge tuning scene! Here we have the one and only Jack/Chrystalbuds

I first seen touge racing in the film Inital D, although at the time I didnt even know what Touge was, I thought the film was about drifting. The only thing that caught my attention was the Hachi-roku on the front cover.
But after watching it a couple of times I realized what was going on, and then started wathcing touge racing on the internet, and I've been hooked on it since.

What I love most about the Touge is the cars really, I'm a big JDM fan. I also think the roads that you race on are more fun than actual closed circuit tracks. Touge is different because it takes place up & down Mountain roads, which is dangerous but fun at the same time.

I would say to watch the videos on the TOSS page. Or just type 'Touge Showdown' on the internet. That is what got me into it.

I like everything really, Drifting, Circuit Racing, Rally. I don't really do much rally though it GT5.

Beacuse I like the look of it haha

Nothing at the moment due to being banned from driving, but I own a 1989 Volkswagen Golf MkII, which I really like. Unfortunately they don't have it in GT5 :(

+ What got you into tuning and what is the main driving force behind J's Tuning?
I think I just wanted to try and get the best performance possible out of the car. What keeps me going is the people who use my setups and give me some feedback on them, that keeps me happy for now.

+ You've retired your MR-S, will it make it back to LotS?
Possibly, but not untill Season 2.

+ The LotS touge tunes, should it be open source or a trade secret??
Depends really, some might not what to share or give tips, but I will try my best to help someone out that needs it. I have a few Touge tunes, they may need to be adjusted for different tracks but should be a good base, and point people in the right direction.

+ Any last words?
Keep up the good work!!

TOSS Interviews MONSTAR-1

TimberW's notes: MONSTAR-1 the undefeated rival from Legend of the Streets Pre-Season, lets see what he's gotta say.

TOSS.I.MONSTAR-1.jpg

Watching videos online

I like the fact that its 1V1. Tuner v tuner.The cars and thrill of racing on tight roads.

I dont think there is much. We can only play with what we have from GT5. Theres no such thing as touge in GT5 but i like how you (timber) and others have made a touge racing comp out of nothing from the game.

Drifting, circuit racing and tuning. Dont like the rallying in GT5

Hmm, ive always liked the WRX and Evo's. They are the real kings on tight windy roads. Not just them but all AWD cars and all i want to do is find the best car for that and tune it and race it as fast as i can.

6.0 VZ SS THUNDER UTE about 240rwkw

+ So you're the undefeated champion in the LotS' Pre-Season, so how do you feel?
Good! of course. lol. I never expected it to happen like that. I got lucky on a couple of battles. When i came up against INITIAL R i knew he would be fast as he had a 10 win streak. Anyone with that kind on streak is fast and the type of racer i want to race with. But as this is a comp i really wanted to beat him. And with the REX i knew i would. He was using the NSX which is 1 of GT5's best cars but i just thought that you would never get the best part of that car out of it on the touge. Id like to race him in a WRX on the touge. The result just might be different next time. Wardez is another who is extremely fast. I saw him race stavingo and beat him pretty easy, although to be fair to stav he was using a car that was totally out classed and was a sitting duck. But the toughest guy ive raced lately is GTP_TURBOLAG. He uses a rex an is insane.

+ Brown Hornet, are you serious about the name or is it something you just plucked it out the air?
lol. The colour of my rex is brown and whenever i think brown i think of the brown hornet lol. Dumb i know

+ So no Hachi-Roku and no 600PP+ for you. So what made you join LotS eventhough it's not the restrictions that you usually play on? I know you like 600PP+.
The 86 is almost useless in GT5. I love that car but it almost has no place in GT5.

+ Any last words?
It dosnt matter about winning, its about the tuning and racing. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
TOSS Interviews OSE_CAP_SHADOW

TimberW's notes: OSE_CAP_SHADOW who’s going to go head to head with MONSTAR in less than 48 hours time. The two juggernauts of LotS are going to battle it out! What a time for an Interview!

TOSS.I.OSE_CAP_SHADOW.jpg

The Initial D Anime & Touge Max on Youtube inspired me to start doing touge.

I love how everything is broken down in a way to restrict it from being all out race cars.

Yes they can. It's not about how good you are on a race track in this style of racing.

Drifting and Le Mans racing are my other two disciplines i enjoy doing.

I choose the car due to Takeshi Nakazato's Black R32 in Initial D and because i'm a huge Skyline fan.

I drive a VW Golf VR6

+ You first came into LotS as a sponsor, but now you're a full time touge warrior and going to face the Pre-Season's Legend, any thoughts?
A little nervous as last time we faced each other he came out on top. But that was when i had little Exp in LotS

+ From green to pink wheels????
Green wheels were based of a Tanaka style car and i wanted a change after seeing some Pink TE-37's in a picture on Google.

+ MONSTAR calles his WRX the Brown Hornet, any nickname for your White R32?
Godzilla - Just because it is a Monster.

+ Any last words?
Always watch your rival closely, You may learn something.......

Lol, thats whats happen when you get too many into your plate.

I'll come back to this thread once the shootout thread finishes.

Latest Posts

Back