Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, General info and discussion

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 628 comments
First MotoGP 07 screen shots

I expected a bit of an improvement for a second gen game on the 360. Look at the pixels on the shadow of the front wheel. The rider and helmet does look nice.

other screen shots

motogp07200703010643264yx1.jpg

motogp07200703010643288kf9.jpg

because its not worth creating another thread so if this is a general discussion thread I thought it would be ok? Is there already a motogp 07 thread somewhere? Maybe I should have checked.

Why did you post those here?

This is a general discussion thread about Tourist Trophy, not MotoGP.

Well....nobody was discussing anything in here anyway so whats your point. I thought if motorcycle gaming fans would care they might be checking out this thread. I'm just providing information for you guys. Its not like I have Committed a crime so back off. Its just a little bit of information that is NOT worth creating ANOTHER thread that has a few posts and then just dies. So much for the "thanks for the find". Get your own motorcycle information on your own you ungreatful users.
Yeah why?

I dont see the relationship to TT other than that it is another motorcycle game.

If its got two wheels I figured the GENERAL DISCUSSION was worthy enough to mention SOMEWHERE.

Just bought TT and so far I'm having fun. :D
All I've done is go straight into TT mode and begin license tests. I've managed Gold on everything through Expert 10 but Super 1 looks tough. :ouch:

Only about knee deep at this point but I'm happy to say this game seems great. I was a big fan of moto gp3 on PS2 and this sounds and looks much better. 👍

Being that I'm picking up the game so late in the PS2's life, I'm really impressed with how much this game makes me want to play PS3 versions of both GT4 and TT.

Who knows, TT2 doesn't seem like that much of a strectch if you ask me. :dopey:

Well....nobody was discussing anything in here anyway so whats your point. I thought if motorcycle gaming fans would care they might be checking out this thread. I'm just providing information for you guys. Its not like I have Committed a crime so back off. Its just a little bit of information that is NOT worth creating ANOTHER thread that has a few posts and then just dies. So much for the "thanks for the find". Get your own motorcycle information on your own you ungreatful users.

If its got two wheels I figured the GENERAL DISCUSSION was worthy enough to mention SOMEWHERE.
Lol, what a short temper you have...

This is the Tourist Trophy board, and this thread is about TT. If someone wants some info on the new MotoGP how could they imagine you have posted it here? It would make much more sense to create a thread about it on the Xbox360 board if there isn't one already.

It would make much more sense to create a thread about it on the Xbox360 board if there isn't one already.

Like I've said three times already...It isn't worth creating a new thread. We have too many pointless threads as it is. People would look at it and probably not comment on it. You are my case in point. All you have done is complain about the location of information and haven't even mentioned a single thing about the game itself. But I'll do as you ask anyway and create another thread that will have 5 posts in it and die a lonely slow death clogging up more of Jordons servers.

Kent, I'm gald to see that you pick the game up. Better late then never! You will find the game much easier then GT4. I have finished it looong ago but still find myself playing it. Its fun to go through all the tracks with new racing lines. I found that it made me a better GT4 player as it makes you pay more attention to breaking points.
Its not up to GT4 in depth but it really is a nice start to a TT sequal...hopefully.

Like I've said three times already...It isn't worth creating a new thread. We have too many pointless threads as it is. People would look at it and probably not comment on it. You are my case in point. All you have done is complain about the location of information and haven't even mentioned a single thing about the game itself. But I'll do as you ask anyway and create another thread that will have 5 posts in it and die a lonely slow death clogging up more of Jordons servers.
I didn't comment on the game because I don't own an Xbox360. I played THQ's MotoGP games on the Xbox and they were very good. If this new version is good then people will talk about it. If it's not then it will probably die with five posts in it like you said.

Funny thing is that I don't own an xbox or a 360 either. I just like sharing info if I see it.

I suppose it's a good plan not to read too much into a couple of screenshots, but that said, those look pretty hideous, even compared to TT, which isn't even next-gen :scared: Just imagine what PD are going to be able to do with the PS3... I really think that we are in for a treat and maybe even a shock...

Sorry but this is really beginning to annoy me on these boards.

Holy grammar correction BATMAN! Sorry I didn’t realize I made that mistake. I will not let it happen again. I will also mention something else annoying with these boards. Everyone seems to be very grumpy. I think that the wait for GT5 is causing PMS. Don't post this here, don’t misquote that. What an uptight group we are becoming.

I suppose it's a good plan not to read too much into a couple of screenshots, but that said, those look pretty hideous, even compared to TT, which isn't even next-gen :scared: Just imagine what PD are going to be able to do with the PS3... I really think that we are in for a treat and maybe even a shock...

If you think of most first screen shots not living up the actual game play you have a serious point. This is there second go round for MotoGP on the 360. You would have figured some kind of improvement with the learning curve of programming on their system. I don't really blame the 360 for the graphic short comings as I would say the developer is just plopping out another game without upgrading the graphics. It sure would be nice to hear some kind of information about TT2. At least if they are even thinking about it. PD did get a lot out of the PS2 and the possibilities for the PS3 are staggering. I never did hear how long it took to model a bike for TT. With exposed engines I guess that it might be more complicated and tedious.

Sorry that was'nt an attack on you personally, i just keep seeing it and decided that i would mention it everytime i see it from now on.

Kent, You will find the game much easier then GT4.

That's for darn sure.
I started on licenses and didn't move from one test to the next until I managed Gold... Took me less than 36hrs. to the time of purchase before I had won all gold on all of the licenses (unless there is something beyond the Super license and I just haven't unlocked it yet).

That said, I've had a ton of fun working on those licenses and unlocking all the bikes is great fun as well.

On that note...
I love the layout and game design of TT. Definately something I hope to see influence the next GT. 👍

On that note...
I love the layout and game design of TT. Definately something I hope to see influence the next GT. 👍

Maybe thats why the game seems shorter because you don't spend countless hours searching for cars, races and upgrades. 💡 I too like the format, but not having played GTHD yet I'm not sure what direction that format is heading.

Maybe thats why the game seems shorter because you don't spend countless hours searching for cars, races and upgrades. 💡 I too like the format, but not having played GTHD yet I'm not sure what direction that format is heading.

You may be right about that. 👍

On a different note though...

Is there a way to get rid of a bike once it is in your garage's bike list?
I went and won a challenge in challenge mode twice and now I've got two of the same bike. I'd really just like to erase one of them if nothing else.

Thanks for the help! :cheers:

Your out of luck with that one my friend. Hopefully its a different color.:irked: If you run out of things to do with the game, try to ge all four colors of in the TZ250 challange. Not that its impossible but its the equivalent of Mission 34.

I've bought the game yesterday and I'm really happy with it! Unlocked some cool bikes as the TZ250 '03 and the Aprilia RSV! I have 2 licenses now..

Is the photomode the same as in GT4? Becaus I'm on school now and have no time..

I got TT not long after it got out, managed to get 100% completion this last christmas, now I'm just mindlessly testing against myself for best settings on racing bikes.

I wonder when will TT2 come out, can't wait to drive the new ZXs, and the 14? It should be a thrill, all 06-07 bikes look amazing, and I can't wait to be able to drive em.

My only complaint, is lack of customization, even for a GT game, I wish you could do cosmetic upgrading and also, what's up with buying parts for street bikes? none of those I guess... and it kinda missed all the classic bikes too... And the computer riders, always are slower than you, I've driven the same bike than them, stood next to them in a straight way, and no matter how m any times I did it, it seemed they weren't on t he throttle 100%, not to mention their brake points were very early, and their cornering is horrendous...

Just bought TT and so far I'm having fun. :D
All I've done is go straight into TT mode and begin license tests. I've managed Gold on everything through Expert 10 but Super 1 looks tough. :ouch:

Only about knee deep at this point but I'm happy to say this game seems great. I was a big fan of moto gp3 on PS2 and this sounds and looks much better. 👍

Same here. I've just bought TT off eBay (£5!!!) and it arrived on Sat morning. I've had about 2.5 hours on it so far.

I too went straight for the licence tests but found them too easy - managing to 'silver' the first three licences within 90 minutes (except one that i just can't get beyond a bronze)

The whole game does seem a little on the easy side. The A.I. are very slow making the Challenge section far to simple to get the good bikes. I've spent probably less than an hour on the Challenge section yet managed to win most of the really good/quick bikes already.

Although its very similar to the GT games, i've found the differences in bike riding compared to car control a very welcome challenge. In Gran Turismo you lerch between heavy on the brakes to flat-to-the-floor throttle with little modulation in between. In TT you spend a lot more time off-throttle before hitting the brakes. You can't just throw a bike into a corner, you run the risk of sliding out. You really have to nail the apexes too - something that didn't really matter so much in GT.

I've only had the briefest of goes testing out different riding styles. Does anyone have any tips to which style is best - being a none bike rider i've little reference to what does what.

Riding is all about using body balance, and thus tugging at a handle bar controller would not add to the realism in my view. Still, it would make an entertaining sight- maybe after a few drinks I’d get into the swing of things. Tongues in… ;)
Body position is important to an extent but I'd argue that riding a bike is all about steering. You do not 'lean' a bike into corners for example, you steer it into the corner (counter-steer it to be exact).

It would be great to see a really decent bike simulator/cockpit - one that really brought across the counter-steering effect - it would probably need to be some sort of rolling road or gyro based machine.

Just bought it yesterday, and it's one of the few games that brings a smile to my face. It really is alot of fun, and realistic. Though I did notice a bit of slacking off, was riding a bike with no fairing, and with gauges, I really could tell it was just a moving screen with the bike separate from it.

Yeah TT was a peice Of p*ss and could have been better.
BUT, graphics and gameplay are way better than MotoGP07.
Plus I've spent countless hours doing car v bike comparisons on the n-ring using GT4 and TT.
The bikes wipe the floor with most standard road cars with an average lap time on a Gixxer 1000 at around 7 mins 25 secs.
But tune a decent car up, something like a Lotus Carlon and I hit a time of 6 mins 24 secs completely destroying any bike in the game.
Being a biker myself I'm more than used to the car v bike argument and will readily admit that a well sorted car will beat any bike.
Problem is I haven't come across many 'sorted' cars to have fun with in my area.

I've had a championship losing streak where one of the five aforementioned bikes could be won. But since Sunday, my losing streak in which 8 Hours of Suzuka bikes were offered as prizes, that championship losing streak has come to an abrupt end. I did the '80s Heroes races with a competition-grade Yamaha FZR400(?). I had some good fortune qualifying and ended up winning just about all the races in flag-to-flag fashion. Because I love blue, I went with the best blue outfit I could put together. So I'm wearing blue while my FZR400 is already in two shades of light blue. I ended up getting the Trick*Star Kawasaki ZX-10 8H bike. It was to my joy that I finally won one of these after a long time struggling getting one of the five Suzuka motorcycles. The Trick*Star bike gets up to speed easily and handles considerably well. I hope I'm not spoling things, but you can only wear the extra suits with any of the five Suzuka motorcycles.

Just yesterday, I won four out of five races to win the Moriwaki 8H Suzuka bike. The motorcycle I was using one of the Triumph RacingModify motorcycles. A pivotal moment in the fourth race of the Super Sport 600 series was that I dumped the bike in the first chicane of Midfield Raceway on lap 4 of 5, never to recover the lead. I knew Grand Valley would be an equalizer for me, and it sure as hell was. I lost the lead, only to get it back after some crazy riding tactics by the Yamaha that was trailing by 10 in the championship. I saved my bike while the Yamaha guy got owned. So I won the Moriwaki 8H Suzuka bike. I never thought the Triumph would be so forgiving. Only time I begun dumping the bike was several times at Deep Forest. If you ask me, it seems like this bike was easier to control and fairly powerful than the Suzuki GSX-R 600.

Now, I'm thinking about using an MV Agusta bike for Super Sport 1000. I love the Ducati 999R, but there is a great degree of difficulty in riding a Ducati. So I'm hoping this MV Augusta will help me win the Jomo Suzuki. * I'm still struggling with the Yamaha TZ-250 RM. I NEED this bike to have a shot at getting the Yamaha 8H Suzuka bike. I'm sorry... down by five seconds with only two laps to pass both riders is damned impossible. Five seconds is forever at Tsukuba. Closest I got was about three seconds back several times. I even take aggressive moves that end up in me dumping the bike or going off the track for one full second (automatic fail). And for the record, I have gotten all the other bikes without knocking the other rider(s) off the road. * And I always treat the biggest championship like the first Legend of Zelda game. You know, don't go for the Honda 8H Suzuka bike until acquiring the first four motorcycles.

I've only got back to playing Tourist Trophy as I have recently grown much more enthusiasm with motorcycles than I ever have before. I'm even lobbying to create a motorcycle forum so that us motorcycle fans and lovers won't have to be relegated to this forum and the Automotive forums to talk motorcycles. I'll keep trying to get these five Suzuka motorcycles. Two down, three to go.

John Sounds Off! - THAT Bad?

Okay. Tourist Trophy hasn't had a whole lot of bikes on the track. Maybe it isn't completely a game to be the best ever. If you ask me, this is a fairly good game for what it is. People will admit that this game looks and plays great. Problem is in how the game is paced. You have to fall back by about three seconds and try to climb your way up. As many as four bikes (including yours) can occupy the track at a time on racing venues. But consider the fact that these are highly-detailed riders and bikes under the GT4 engine, and I'd say four to a track is pretty good. It's a way of maximizing your graphics and performance capabilities to make this work. PD could have just made this all a series of one-on-one races. However, it isn't. The bikes are lovely, the courses are accomdated well, it's not terribly bad at all. You even get to race the tough Valencia circuit. Maybe you don't get the Isle of Man TT, but you do get a heck of a ride on many of GT4's classic circuits. The reason why I'm not ranting on PD for having more bikes to a track is because this is a game under the GT4 engine. Some tracks (to me) seem more enjoyable on motorcycles than with cars. I found myself racing Citta di Aria many times using motards and low-powered bikes, though I did try my luck on a Ducati 999R RacingModify. Motorcycles don't appeal too much to car fans, but you do get to go on a nice ride around a track.

I don't have a variety of reasons to hate Tourist Trophy like a lot of my peers and would-be critics. I know what I signed up for when I wanted to buy Tourist Trophy. This game is in no way a disappointment unless you're thinking of something to completely rival the MotoGP series (before Capcom took over the license from Namco). Gran Turismo's success came from when Kazunori Yamauchi didn't think his little baby would sell very well. Now look at it. Tourist Trophy sold pretty well itself, but I think PD can help make Tourist Trophy better. At least, if they didn't kill off the franchise. I think PD has something going. It shouldn't be a split audience (one for cars while the other like motorcycles). This game is not as bad as most people say it is. It just takes patience and skill to win in Tourist Trophy. This is in no way a disappointment. This isn't a failed franchise. Even I am beginning to enjoy this more as I have two of the five Suzuka motorcycles. I fell in love when I first won one of the bikes (the Trick*Star Kawasaki). Even more so when I won the Moriwaki Suzuka 8H bike. I still can't win the TZ250 Challenge race even after intentionally trying to cheat on the track and riding overaggressively trying to surpass those two damned Yamahas at Tsukuba. And especially since I've grown much more fond of motorcycles than ever, this is a great way to enjoy motorcycle culture.

Give this game a chance. It's only a bad game if you're anticipating something to surpass the MotoGP series and be the Gran Turismo of motorcycles (more than it is). Keep playing. Keep winning. Keep enjoying two-wheeled madness.

I fire up this baby up today. Graphics are .. so so after playing GT5P. But bikes still have good feeling to them. I'm starting to get into TT once again :) It is a nice break from GT5P and a snack at same time.

I fire up this baby up today. Graphics are .. so so after playing GT5P. But bikes still have good feeling to them. I'm starting to get into TT once again :) It is a nice break from GT5P and a snack at same time.

Yeah I got the TT bug about 2 months ago, took a break from GT5P and enjoyed TT on the ring :D

Back