scps15105.jpg
Tourist_Trophy-Packfronts.jpg

Links:

Gameinformer Gameplay video's
IGN Hands-On Preview
SCEA Press release
Gameplay presentation at Tokyo Motorshow
IMAGES (Playfrance.com)
Spong.com has reported that Moto Guzzi, CCM and Triumph have now (20sept.) been confirmed by Sony.
EUROGAMER.net IGN.com *Trailer TGS*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OVERVIEW

Created by Polyphony Digital Inc., developers of Gran Turismo™ – the best-selling worldwide racing videogame franchise, Tourist Trophy offers players more than 100 licensed motorcycles to race in various game modes amongst more than 35 international courses. Featuring gameplay for up to two players, Tourist Trophy captures the fluid movement of man and machine like never before with perfected game physics and graphics for an authentic true-to-life motorcycle riding simulation. Featured licensed motorcycle manufacturers include BMW Motorrad, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Triumph and more.

KEY FEATURES
  • Critically-acclaimed development team: from the developers of Gran Turismo, the best-selling worldwide racing videogame franchise with more than 44 million units sold.
  • Real-life simulation: perfected game physics, graphics and the balance of the rider versus the bike are accurately captured to offer the most authentic motorcycle racing simulation available.
  • Motorcycles: Tourist Trophy features more than 100 licensed motorcycles from more than a dozen worldwide manufacturers that include BMW, Honda, Ducati, Buell, Kawasaki, Triumph and more.
  • Courses: Tourist Trophy features more than 35 international courses that include closed-circuit and city tracks. Introduction of new tracks and the return of popular tracks from the Gran Turismo franchise include Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, New York City, Suzuka and more.
  • Game Modes: Tourist Trophy offers two modes of play, Arcade Mode and Challenge Mode. In both modes, players have the opportunity to select their bike, track and difficulty level.
    • Arcade Mode: players have access to a quick race for single-player or two-player battle. In two-player battle, players have the option to race in split-screen.
    • Challenge Mode: it serves as a career mode for players to earn their way up the ladder by participating in the license school missions, various race events and more in an effort to upgrade and unlock new bikes and related accessories. The license school will include various tests that will strive to better the player’s driving skills in driving a motorcycle in various conditions and at various speeds, taking into account the rider and their riding style. Upon obtaining a license, players will have access to various race events based on engine class (250cc to 1500cc), course selection and more. In between race events, players have the opportunity to participate in a Time Trial on various courses to improve lap times and access their garage.
  • Photo Mode: To further improve their racing skills, in Challenge Mode, players have access to Photo Mode, which allows them to take snapshots of their favorite bike and race gear by freezing frames of an actual race from a replay. Upon taking a photograph, players have the opportunity to save it to a Memory Card (8MB) (for PlayStation®2) or a USB storage device and share it with friends. After doing so, players can have the opportunity to print photographs directly from their PlayStation 2 USB port by using a printer that includes a PlayStation driver, such as Epson’s PictureMate.
  • Licensed Accessories: With the incorporation of the motorcycle driver, players have access to a wardrobe where they can customize their rider by selecting from numerous licensed helmets, suits, shoes and more to further authenticate the riding experience
  • Rider Editor: Players have the opportunity to customize their riding form through a variety of parameters, whether it is preference to riding “out” verse “in” and so forth.
  • Customization: Players have the opportunity to earn credits and upgrade their motorcycles to enhance performance of their bike.
  • In-Game Soundtrack: Tourist Trophy will offer a selection of original and licensed tracks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The image below shows 2 pages from the .pdf file of SCEJ Software Catalog 2005.
a6m5
I didn't see anything groundbreaking in the article, but I'll just highlight the interesting parts(there isn't much):

The control of the bikes will be affected by the "riding form" of the rider.

It will feature from scooters(mopeds) to "monster bikes".

In the interview, KY recalls how he wanted to make a bike game someday. When GT4 was finished, he figured it was the right oppotunity for the P.D. to make the game. Then he talks about how motorcycle racing is so different from the automobile racing, and he wants to show the uniqueness of motorcycle racing. KY also says that he "knocked" on the automobile culture with the GT Series and lot of people responded. Now he wants to do the same to the motorcycle culture, and he can't wait to see how people will respond to it.
ttridingsimulator6qn.jpg

4bikes009.jpg
1179.jpg
03617,6516-9983.html

Last edited:
Im not really into bikes but I will buy it if its like GT series but with bikes, great chance for me to learn more about them.

After watching the video I am very impressed indeed, really looking forward to this.

Looks like a new forum in GTPlanet might be needed in the future.

I think this could be finished pretty soon. Obviously, they already have the best engine possible on a PS2 + lots of tracks (they can just throw in the Nürburgring without any effort). I guess they'll include some new tracks, could be a hint for possible new tracks in GT5. And who knows, if this turns out to be a great game, it's something to keep ourselves occupied with until GT5.

well, its not both bikes and cars in the same game I hope! or is it? if so that will suck!

EDIT: oh sorry, didn't read it was a ps2 game, then I can breath again! :D

i have to get this if they include ALL the tracks from GT4. heck, there was a snippet of SSR5 in there :D so if they put nurburgring in then that would be mental :D

I wonder if this will turn me into a bike lover? Despite not really being into bikes at the moment i still feel an air of excitement about this game,, simply because PD is doing it (weird really).

It's would be true to say that it was GT which originally got me into cars way back i was 10, so if PD do a good job of this i wonder... :nervous:

Edit - O.K trailer looks impressive, will definetely have to keep my eye on this one, my only reserve is what will the new game do with precious GT5 dev' time?

911_gt3_rs
I wonder if this will turn me into a bike lover? Despite not really being into bikes at the moment i still feel an air of excitement about this game,, simply because PD is doing it (weird really).

Yep, same for me!

Damm them for making another game I dont need, but must have!!!!! Extend the fanbase for both cars and bikes brillant idea.

Tourist Trophy, huh? You know something? It is weird how when some people on GTPlanet kind of wish for something, it is a case of "be careful what you wish for... you might get it!" And guess what, homies? We got it.

The last good motorcycle racing game I've played was Moto Racer 2 (PC). I don't know if things will be quite interesting in Tourist Trophy. However, I can imagine several bikes racing at once, like in Namco's successful MotoGP series of games. People, can you imagine a bunch of 500cc superbikes racing around Grand Valley, Twin Ring Motegi, or even Suzuka Circuit? Not to get you jacked about it, but, designing bikes and putting them all on the track at once. In fact, I predict that there won't be six bikes on track- I'm thinking of at least 20 or so bikes. In Moto Racer 2, you had a minimum of 8 motorcycles on track, but a maximum of 24. If GT... I mean, TT wanted to push, it would be interesting to see maybe more than 24, but 24 is a great number.

Now, I'm also thinking ahead in terms of motorcycles. Maybe looking a bit too far, but I was thinking of maybe sidecar racing, motocross, supermoto, and that sort of thing. I was going to say maybe ATVs, go-karts, and three-wheelers (like the awesome Campagna Motorsports T-Rex), but let's not venture too far off path.

If you've played any Grand Theft Auto after GTA3, you may know what motorcycles are like. Motorcycles are faster, much lighter, sharper-handling, but also more unforgiving. So in a GT game, smack a wall, you can probably get up from it. Ram into a wall or something in a motorcycle, and you're going to fly off the maching and beat up your motorcycle. Head-on hits really won't make your day any better. In addition, make sure any other drivers ahead don't get into any big trouble either. Motorcycle racing is fun, but for those used to cars, motorcycles are going to be a completely new experience.

More power to PD to pull this off and make it hot.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, after reading John's post im wondering just how many bike we will get on track. :confused: I honestly can't imagine it being 20+.

Just think of the 'special' cars in GT4 and open tops. The 'special' ones being those like the Caterham and the Prowler with exposed suspension and their motion capture drivers only being allowed in time trial mode. And open tops only being allowed to race one on one, due to motion capture drivers.

After watching the video several times the suspension activity look to be very fliud and lifelike and the motion capture on the riders seems very detailed (i'm sure i can just about see a twist of the throttle in one part). The bikes also look at least aas detailed as cars in GT4. All of this detail is kind of expected in a 'GT' game but what implications may arise in terms of the ps2's capabilities? I suppose with bikes being more compact than cars the 3D modellers at PD may have been able to spare a few poly's but that may not be a given, due to the exposed nature of bikes and all of the other 'fiddly bits' of a bike such as the handle bars, brake levers, exhausts, engine manifolds etc., looking at tiptopcreams image it seems they haven't exactly scrimped.

The video was cleverly made but pay attention and there is never more than two bikes on screen at once :nervous: .

This may end up being a ps3 title and the video just using GT4's graphics engine in the same was as the Vision GT trailer did.

My friend bought Moto GP4. It was awesome. It's the best Motocycle game ever. I like motorcycles but I'm afraid to ride one by myself :scared: :)
I would buy this game if :
1) You can cutomize your bike how you want to, and tuning a la GT4, (Settings)
2) It has a ''GT Mode'', similar. From the beggining to the top etc...
3) Good AI
4) You can have your own garage
5) You can win race motorcycles (if it would be possible)

I would defenetly buy it!

Man, this is so hipocritical and the mods will hate me for it but someone create a "What bike do you want in Tourist Trophy" thread! :dopey:

I want This!!! :eek: :drool:

erm...me :scared:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, after reading John's post im wondering just how many bike we will get on track. :confused: I honestly can't imagine it being 20+.

Just think of the 'special' cars in GT4 and open tops. The 'special' ones being those like the Caterham and the Prowler with exposed suspension and their motion capture drivers only being allowed in time trial mode. And open tops only being allowed to race one on one, due to motion capture drivers.

After watching the video several times the suspension activity look to be very fliud and lifelike and the motion capture on the riders seems very detailed (i'm sure i can just about see a twist of the throttle in one part). The bikes also look at least aas detailed as cars in GT4. All of this detail is kind of expected in a 'GT' game but what implications may arise in terms of the ps2's capabilities? I suppose with bikes being more compact than cars the 3D modellers at PD may have been able to spare a few poly's but that may not be a given, due to the exposed nature of bikes and all of the other 'fiddly bits' of a bike such as the handle bars, brake levers, exhausts, engine manifolds etc., looking at tiptopcreams image it seems they haven't exactly scrimped.

The video was cleverly made but pay attention and there is never more than two bikes on screen at once :nervous: .

This may end up being a ps3 title and the video just using GT4's graphics engine in the same was as the Vision GT trailer did.

Shameless quote of myself, sorry but it was at bottom of page and i thought i made some relevant pointes and don't wan't thwm to be missed :embarrassed:

911_gt3_rs
Shameless quote of myself, sorry but it was at bottom of page and i thought i made some relevant pointes and don't wan't thwm to be missed :embarrassed:
Moto GP4 had 21 competitors at the same time with beautiful graphics.
That part of the game wouldn't bother me as long as PD stops being such a graphics whores so there will be only 6 competitors again. If it would be less then 15 competitors they better make the AI really good! :grumpy:

As a fan of Sega's Manx TT Superbike, I'm looking forward to this. Motorcycles accelerate quicker than cars, so racing on them is a bit more of a rush in some aspects. My love will always be race cars, but racing in any form is a joy, and I have no doubt that Polyphony will do the game right. AI aside, but we'll see with time. ;)

VIPFREAK
Man, this is so hipocritical and the mods will hate me for it but someone create a "What bike do you want in Tourist Trophy" thread! :dopey:

I want This!!! :eek: :drool:

I knew someone was going to post that! :P

I'd like to have something like this or this.

👍

Looks like it might be fun especially if it has GT style 'career' mode which it probably will have. I've always been tempted to the Riding Spirits? games. I'm not that into bikes but my uncle is and I respect bikes just I'm a car person. I wonder if they'll ever fall off the bikes... :sly:

Wow, like...wow. :drool:
I'm not much of a motorcycle nut, but this game looks like it has a darn good chance of changing that.
BTW, IGN's little writeup only mentioned Japanese and European bikes would be included, but I would imagine PD would throw in some American marques, i.e. Harley-Davidson, Buell, Indian, Victory, maybe even the Dodge Tommohawk(sp?)! :crazy: And would tracks like Suzuka, Infineon and Tsukuba use the extra chicanes that real motorcycles do? They're already there in GT4.

I'm not overly interested in bikes but I think this will be awesome. The only odd thing will be driving them with the DFP.

BMW318_DRIFTER
I'm not overly interested in bikes but I think this will be awesome. The only odd thing will be driving them with the DFP.
Maybe they'll make a Handlebar Force Pro!

And I hope a Dodge Tomahawk makes an appearance ;)

Back