Tourist Trophy Weekly Series Interest Check

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 62 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Well, Tourist Trophy has been out for a while and it looks like there's a lot of people racing in the Tourist Trophy forum but no race series as of yet. I would be willing to organize and setup a weekly series as a parallel to the GT4 WRS. First, however, I'd like to see if anyonw would actually be interested in this sort of competition. Hopefully everyone has had the game long enough to have a good selection of bikes. I would also have to get this approved by the powers at be (Cyril, Jordan?) Let me know what you all think 👍

I'm interested, but I just bought the game on Tuesday and predict that my performance would be even worse than in the GT4 WRS.

I got TT when it came out, and I don't have all the bikes yet it would'nt take long.
I think it sounds fun, it would give me a reson to drive it again:).

Count me in!

Had the game for a few weeks, and have got all licences and about half the bikes so far.

Sounds like fun!

Neil

Good to see some interest 👍. I've contacted Jordan about the series, hopefully I will get a reply soon.

I'd be interested in racing in a series. Just depends on the allowed ingame settings on whether I'll be able to race or not but I'd love to go give it a go. 👍

The question is worth being asked, but I don't know if the WRS is the place to host such a series. It's a different game and a different approach, I think it deserves a specific sub-forum in the OLR section. (Unless Jordan says the opposite, of course, he's the big chief and I'm only a one-feathered indian).

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have the game and I'm not planning to buy it at all. I'm a big fan of motorsports on 4 wheels only.

That's the thing, I don't know if Jordan would want to create a whole new forum just for the series. It doesn't bother me where it gets done, as long as it is recognized as a GTP series.

Ok, we have the go ahead from Jordan. I will do some testing and preliminary setup for a qualifier and we should be up and running in a few days 👍

Sounds great! I just finished getting all golds and challenge mode bikes. I just need to finish the races. Any time I am away from the GT cockpit I am running laps with the 1000cc Yamaha race bike at Valencia... 👍

So why is all this in this forum again? It's just confusing. Maybe you should ask Jordan for it's own sub-forum?

As much as i don't know if this thread belongs here (Haven't really thought about it, only just saw it) I've been looking for something to compete it as well as the WRS, although forsee my performance being any better than GT4, worse if anything :D but i'd be glad to get the game and give it a go if you'd have me :D

Yep, I'm in. 👍

Been waiting for this since TT came out.

TT's should have it's own forum soon enough I think Jordan's witing to see how much interest it generates first. I know Scaff's been working on some set-up guides and there's been a few race series' run already.

As others have already mentioned, my GT4 WRS career's not exactly filled with glory but TT will probably be worse for me judging by some of the lap record boards. :dunce:

Darren.

I've sent a PM to Jordan about where he wants the these threads. It's up to him whether he watns to move them or not.

Jordan's response to me PM:

Jordan
I don't spend a lot of time in those forums, obviously, but it seems to me like that would be the best place to put them. We don't divide up the online racing forums for each of the Gran Turismo games - and really - TT isn't all that different aside from the vehicles. If flat-out or yourself think much different, however, let me know.

We can try it here for a while and if it doesn't work we can always look for another solution. 👍

Jordan
If flat-out or yourself think much different, however, let me know.
I think different but not much, so we should give it a try.
Ben, do you post the TT WRS race 1 ?

It will be up this weekend or maybe even earlier, I still have to sort out the qualification cut offs for the divisions and some other small details.

Might be a bit early to suggest this but if we get enough interest how about a combined challenge?

I was thinking pick a track, car and bike. Run the track in the car then the bike and combine the times.

I know not everyone who has GT4 has, or wants TT or even vice-versa but it's just a thought. :D

Darren.

SuperT
Might be a bit early to suggest this but if we get enough interest how about a combined challenge?

I was thinking pick a track, car and bike. Run the track in the car then the bike and combine the times.

I know not everyone who has GT4 has, or wants TT or even vice-versa but it's just a thought. :D

Darren.

Or a cross competition on the same track with one car and one bike with similar performances, so that drivers who have both games can choose and those who only have one game, well can't choose but can race anyway. But that's a bit different from what we use to play, so it'd better be something organised outside the WRS.

Flat-out
Or a cross competition on the same track with one car and one bike with similar performances, so that drivers who have both games can choose and those who only have one game, well can't choose but can race anyway. But that's a bit different from what we use to play, so it'd better be something organised outside the WRS.

Yeah, something like that just thought it would be nice to combine the two at some point. Still very early days anyway, need to give Ben time to settle in and gather some riders.

Btw, nice to see you back Cyril, and don't worry, I won't be staying away from the GT4 WRS. :)

First let me say that this post is not an attack on anyone, nor is it a rant, or soap-box to stand on. It's just my own opinion, and I am not wanting to offend anyone, at all.

Well, what I think (for what it's worth), is that the TT WRS is right where it needs to be.
This is a forum where a Weekly Race Series is held, and TT is basically GT4 on two wheels. Same tracks (for the most part, Valencia is the obvious exception), so why have a seperate forum for two wheels.

It's still petrol-head city, init?:cool:

If two wheels ain't your cup of tea, then don't buy it, don't compete.
No problem.
Tho's of us who are into bikes AND cars get the best of both worlds (finally a decent bike game has came along, the Moto GP games are pants), and there is no reason why never the twain shall meet.
Jordon seems to think that it's worthy of being included in the WRS, so I don't see the problem.
Why should it be an attack on the integrety of the WRS, if anyone see's it as such?

That being said............
because of the disparity in corner speeds between cars and bikes, there would be serious complications when trying to get a car and bike to have more-or-less similar lap times.

Yes the bike would run away from most cars on the straights, because of the obvious P/W ratio advantage, but the car's would just devour the bikes in the bends due to the better than 8X higher tyre contact patch issue.

I would not like to be the one trying to set up a car v's bike combo.

Tho, the ring would be an idea!

Any 1000cc sports bike (ZX10,GSX1000,R1,RSV1000 on race tyres) against a 500Hp car on sports tyres.

Neil

Back