Tourist Trophy Weekly Series Interest Check

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 62 comments
Ballstothewall
First let me say that this post is not an attack on anyone, nor is it a rant, or soap-box to stand on. It's just my own opinion, and I am not wanting to offend anyone, at all...
I don't see a reason why anyone would take offense from your post Neil.
I'm the only one so far who posted that I don't like bike games and that I don't find the WRS to be the most appropriate for them, but you'll note that whatever I may think, the TT Qualifer and Drivers list are stickied and that the TT WRS 1 is posted too.
Don't ask me to run it, I'd say 'no way', but enjoy it if you like it. (Plus, as know myself, I'm pretty sure I'll change my mind and buy the game within a few months)

Ballstothewall$
It's still petrol-head city, init?
Probably the best argument of all :)

Don't get me wrong Cyril, please?

I was just wanting to forstall any backlash, not from you (after all, we know each-other quite well), but from some of the other more out-spoken WRS die-hards.:)
I have mellowed over the last 6 months, and don't want any fuss!

I think Ben would be great as the TT Admin! AND THAT'S MY VOTE!👍 👍

Neil

are all races going to be held in arcade mode? what about the differnce in grip/tc between the different controller modes?

Ballstothewall

This is a forum where a Weekly Race Series is held.

Pretty much all OLR is raced weekly. Lets move them all into this sub-forum.

I'm just saying it would cause a lot less cluter if there was a another sub-forum, just above or below where Weekly Race Series Archive, for TT. For even a sub-forum in TT's own sub-forum, where I'm sure a lot more people who own TT would find it.

[empty space]
are all races going to be held in arcade mode? what about the differnce in grip/tc between the different controller modes?

No, all races will not be held in arcade mode, there will be a variety of races between TT mode and arcade. As for the different modes, it's hard to require a specific mode for a series that encompasses so many different skill levels. It would be like outlawing or forcing people to use ASM and TCS in GT4. However, I do think in the future there is the possibility we could have a specific race in which Div 1 used Pro Mode, Div 2 Semi Pro and Div 3 Standard. As is stands now, anyone has the ability to choose whatever mode they like. If at some point there is enough interest I will gladly do a Pro Mode only race or whatever other situation it may be 👍

icemanshooter23
No, all races will not be held in arcade mode, there will be a variety of races between TT mode and arcade.

thats good, itd be a shame to waste the custom number/form options.

As for the different modes, it's hard to require a specific mode for a series that encompasses so many different skill levels. It would be like outlawing or forcing people to use ASM and TCS in GT4. However, I do think in the future there is the possibility we could have a specific race in which Div 1 used Pro Mode, Div 2 Semi Pro and Div 3 Standard. As is stands now, anyone has the ability to choose whatever mode they like. If at some point there is enough interest I will gladly do a Pro Mode only race or whatever other situation it may be 👍

well, asm and tcs arent allowed in all series anways iiuc. but, if it does go to each div must use a certain controller type, i hope i can q in div 1 because pro mode is the only mode im going to use.

im curious though about the mode because most of the comments ive read regarding controller modes is "im faster with semi, but, pro is more fun" so, well see.

Q time in shortly i thinks.

Just sent in my time. I am very interested to see where I qualified. I used semi-pro because I really dont like the way the game feels in pro mode at this point. I like the realism of it but rolling on to the throttle or on to the brakes is hard to do with the buttons of a DS2 even with it being touch sensitive. None the less I am really looking forward to this series!

I've recieved a few more qualies, but I can't update because the Driver's list thread is locked and I'm unable to edit my post. TeamLosiRacer, you qualified in Div 1 👍

icemanshooter23
I've recieved a few more qualies, but I can't update because the Driver's list thread is locked and I'm unable to edit my post. TeamLosiRacer, you qualified in Div 1 👍

Cool stuff!

Is there any way you could pm me the cut-off times and such? I would be interested in knowing where I stack up in TT.:sly:

You can see where you stack up in the Qualified Drivers List, the drivers are listed in order from fastest to slowest time. However there is a glitch at the moment and I won't be able to update until a mod is able to unlock the thread. I'm hesitant to give out the exact cutoff dates because I fear some will begin making up times to get placed in a certain division. You should be able to get an accurate representation by looking at your relative position to the other drivers 👍

Everything is looking great, Ben. 👍 Really looking forward to get started on this. :D

I was kind of hoping the TT would get it's own OLR sub forum along side the GT WRS for this series. Something like:

GTP Forums » On-Line Racing » Official GTP Competitions » Tourist Trophy Weekly Race Series.​

I think it would give several advantages:

Easier to survey/overview?? both forums. For every ordinary GT thread there might eventually (with a few exceptions) be created a similar TT thread doubling the numbers of threads in the forum. The more threads the harder to find the threads you're looking for. :boggled:

Also the sticky threads will get doubled. That usually means even fewer people read them and increasing the amount of already answered questions being asked again. The fewer sticky threads the more people actually will read them. 💡​

If we got 2 separate forums not every thread need to be named "Tourist Trophy and Then The Thread Tittle". Makes it easier to make relevant thread tittles, increasing clarity and makes it easier to find relevant info. :)

TT is still rather new to a lot of us. I 've only had it 5 days. Lots of info to ask for and to share. I would feel like I was spamming the WRS forum by making new threads. Some will probably say there's already a forum dedicated TT, but I'm sure we all know, that if you want some hard and no nonsense informations, you have to ask a fellow On Line Racer. 👍​

The only con I really can see is that you get 2 extra clicks, if you wanna check out both forums. A small price to pay, when any relevant info gets easier to find in the first place.

As always this is of course only my most humble and personal opinion. Peace and love. :dopey:

No offense if I'm stepping over ground that's been covered but I'm confused as to why Tourist Trophy competition threads are in the Gran Tursimo section of the site??? I struggle to keep up with the WRS threads let alone threads unrelated to it? So if there's votes or conversations goin on about it, i vote TT stuff get moved 👍

Each of the games has its own forum, each with its own lap times, race reports, etc., but there's only one WRS forum. None of the games have their own WRS. Suddenly one game needs its own? Or does each game need its own WRS. Doesn't really matter to me, as long as I know where to find it. I'm just starting with the WRS so it's not like I have a lot of mental inertia going on.:)

If you guys have a problem with it please contact Jordan. There's really nothing I can do about it.

Same for me.
Jordan wants to reduce the number of sub-forums to keep things rather structured, so creating a new sub-forum just goes the opposite way.
Some new forums are still being created when they are clearly worth it, but it's Jordan's decision.
If he pops up and says "ok guys, the TT WRS will be run in its own sub-forum from now on", then so be it. If he doesn't, well, we'll keep it that way and after a few weeks are past, if the TT WRS is successful, then we might ask again.

You can't argue with the fact it's two completely different games and comps which is why it confuses me :confused: Decreasing the number of sub-forums is all well and good but keeping these two completely unrelated games together seems odd to me, what if I get a hankering to start the Weekly "Street Fighter II" Comp should I jump in here???

It's nothing personal to those setting up and running the TT comp, I think it's a great idea for a comp I just question it's location. In the end it's just my opinion though 👍

[EDIT] PM sent to Jordan by the way 👍 [/EDIT]

Pedant, pedant,, pedant pedant pedant pedant pedaaaaaaaaant.................
(to the Pink Panther theme tune!):D

C'mon, its written by PD, it uses the same graphics engine, it contains most of the GT4 tracks ( a few of them tweaked and improved ), it uses the same sound effects etc, more or less the same basic controls, and finally it's a weekly race series being played by many of the regulars of the GT4 WRS.

To say GT4 and TT are completely unrelated, is like saying Morrowind and Oblivion are unrelated because the world is different!

It's more an evolution of GT4 or a facet of the game.
Motorsport is motorsport is motorsport, the virility of the WRS is not going to be diluted by it's inclusion in this forum.

As a matter of logic, it should even strengthen the WRS, because bike game players may follow the links/scuttlebut etc and end up playing the GT4 WRS as well as the TT one.

Give it a chance mates!
It's partisan attitudes like this that can start wars, and indeed have done, many many times in the past.
Look at the cat war in Red Dwarf, thousands of cats killed over the colour of the hats worn by the god Cloister, complete madness dudes:lol:

Neil

So why has it been granted different enough to have its own Photo & Video Galleries, Tuning and Settings, and Lap times sub-forums?

Surely more people would find it in the TT section.

I think I remember reading a thread somewhere that someone had hacked into the GT4 data and found folders containing bike info etc.

Sorry, just adding fuel to the fire? I'll go now.

:sly:

Darren.

wrs3pa.jpg

I'm sorry Brad/Colby/anyone else.....

But I don't see the problem you are obviously having with this.:indiff:

If Jordon wants to keep the sub-forum count down to keep GTP running smoothly, and given previous troubles, why wouldn't he?????

Don't want to get into another pointless arguement, especially with you guys.

I'll go with whatever Jordon says.

I could just do without monitoring yet another forum for updates and chats with mates.

Neil

I know we're mates and all Niel, it's not personal, but we just don't like it.

It has to still be remembered that this is GTPlanet. And the focal point of GTPlanet OLR should be the GT4 WRS. At the moment there is no less then 7 stickys in this sub-forum, technically there should be 8 but Ice can't make the TT Race into a sticky. It's just confusing.

Like Colby said, if he made a "Street Fighter II" comp can he post it here? What if I decide to make another WRS "WRS EXTREME" or something, independent of the old WRS, can I post it in here too?

The Live For Speed race series is in the Live For Speed forum too.

Casio

That's the only one (that I found). GT2, GT3, and GT4 have all been in this forum. I dug into the archives. (Like I said before, I'm just getting started with the WRS.) If no one's continuing to run GT2 or GT3 races, maybe it's because interest has waned, I don't know. I think it would be cool to run some GT2 and GT3 series, go back to Rome Night, Seattle Short, or (God forbid!) SS11. There's nothing in this forum that says GT only, except what everybody thinks of as conventional. If Jordan says we need to take our toys and go play somewhere else, we will, but I don't see the problem.

So even if all 5 games had a race going every week, there would be 5 races. Is it really that hard to find your thread out of 5? I know, I know, you want to go back to previous events. Fine. If you have to find a thread, use the IE menu's Find (on this page). It'll highlight it for you. Automatically. Look at the blue place on the screen. :D

I see people calling this the GT4 WRS, but it doesn't say that in the title, it says GTPlanet, the name of the site. Nothing about GTPlanet implies "GT4 only" to me.

Is this gonna be a gang war, now? Bikers Vs. Ricers?:sly:

I really don't care which way it goes, I see Jordan's point about cluttering up the forum space, and even though it might be better organizationally to separate the TT series, but I don't think it really matters either way. I've never had trouble finding a thread I wanted, but it's more of a hassle if I have to switch forums all the time to do it. I don't like being thought of as an intruder, though. . . . I've been playing GT since GT2, 100% and all gold all the way through. I shouldn't be an intruder.

Casio, every series under the official GTP competitions must be first approved by Jordan. I went through the channels and got it approved by him. In doing so I also asked where he thought best to have the series take place after Cyril brought up the question. His exact words were "...that would be the best place to put them. We don't divide up the online racing forums for each of the Gran Turismo games - and really - TT isn't all that different aside from the vehicles." Arguing here is not going to get anything done. If you truly think it is that bad the way it is, contact Jordan about it.

wfooshee
Is this gonna be a gang war, now? Bikers Vs. Ricers?:sly:

Language Timothy!

Teddies have been thrown across the room for using the R-word! ;)

But I agree with you, 100% mate!

I know in a couple of posts I have segregated TT and GT4 WRS's, but that was to illustrate a point and make the discussion easier to understand for our less fluent(in English) members to follow.

TT is GT4 with three of the un-nescessary wheels removed, it's not a completely different game like 'Live for speed', just a different approach to the same game.

Neil

Umm.....I don't know what to say but I have both games and a TTWRS just
gives me a reson to drive TT so that is good enough for me.

Ballstothewall
Teddies have been thrown across the room for using the R-word! ;)

I knew somebody would like that!!! But if you throw your teddy at me I'm keeping it! Mine!

wfooshee
I knew somebody would like that!!! But if you throw your teddy at me I'm keeping it! Mine!

Not me mate! I like to keep my teddies!

They're all silk and lace! :D :D

Neil

Back