Toxic Dose Crew Photo Forum

United Kingdom
Donington Park
ROB__MK2
Welcome to the Toxic Dose Crew Photo Forum. This is where the whole of TDC can post their photos. krazi- is our team photographer, but me and marbel69 like to post my photos occasionally.

For more infomation about Toxic Dose Crew or if you would like to join, visit the team page: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=245671

Enjoy the photos and comment, but please, give constructive criticism and don't just hate.

picture.php

Last edited:
All you do is hate eddy. If you think these pictures are bad then go post some pictures that look 10x better than these.

Thank you.

@Riyebow, nice pics (see eddyac, this is called a complement)

@eddyac, you obviously love our team because you keep posting on our thread!! :sly:

Last edited:
I'm afraid I have to agree with Eddy. The photos are really bad, there isn't much composition to them, nothing that makes me go, WOW! It's repeatitive angles, and the overall feel just lacks in effective use of the photomode.

All you do is hate eddy. If you think these pictures are bad then go post some pictures that look 10x better than these.
Look in the SYDC Thread

BkS
I'm afraid I have to agree with Eddy. The photos are really bad, there isn't much composition to them, nothing that makes me go, WOW! It's repeatitive angles, and the overall feel just lacks in effective use of the photomode.

Yep

At least give constructive feedback instead of hating... 👎
here's my best attempt at constructive feedback:

without an interesting subject no photo is going to be nice to look at. the one strength you guys have going is that your subject(s) is/are somewhat interesting.

example #1
RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg
who doesn't think this is cool? i envy the drift skill, but the photo - ugh.

example #2
RoadCourse-Indy_6.jpg

again, cool skill, ugh photo.

i think someone mentioned, take some time to read through the Make the Most of the GT5 Camera thread. it's long and can be overwhelming, so just work on 1 of the 12 topics at a time. i'd recommend starting with 10.0 composition. that's low hanging fruit for you guys.

ok so now for the constructive part:

1) learn about the Rule of Thirds (see section 10 in the thread above) and apply it to these photos. photos with the subject exactly in the middle (example #2 above) or almost in the middle (example #1) are automatically boring.

2) for now, don't shoot any cars that aren't in direct sunlight (see example #2 above). you'll end up with shots like this where some of the photo is over-exposed (washed out white in center of pic) and under-exposed (washed out black on right portion of image). shooting images with constant sunlight will make your pics so much better and balanced without any effort. once you get a hang of things, then you can start playing around with shadows and low-lighting shots.

finally, here's my favorite shot on the page:

RoadCourse-Indy_1.jpg
. the subject is interesting, color and lighting are balanced pretty well. the use of the shutter speed shows movement which is great - and important for shooting things that move. if you moved the camera down so you were showing a lot less pavement and a lot more sky, as well as using panning mode 3, you'd have a real winner here.

HTH. and Keep posting!

Thank You for being constructive, this will really help.:)

I take picture in real life of Motor racing, but when you on the sidelines its hard to get photos that look good without having the subject in the centre.:sly:

It's a lot different on the game thought, some of the words really confuse me!!:scared:

there are exceptions to every rule, but the things mentioned above are the fundamentals. learn the rules now, then break them later.

here's an IRL photo I took back in November and has not been edited. it ignores the rule of thirds (like you said, sometimes it's hard when you're capturing moving vehicles) and was shot without direct sunlight. IMO though the movement as well as the little girl's expression make up for it.

Family Moto by bendertj, on Flickr

there are exceptions to every rule, but the things mentioned above are the fundamentals. learn the rules now, then break them later.

here's an IRL photo I took back in November and has not been edited. it ignores the rule of thirds (like you said, sometimes it's hard when you're capturing moving vehicles) and was shot without direct sunlight. IMO though the movement as well as the little girl's expression make up for it.

Family Moto by bendertj, on Flickr

Girl equals :0 :) LOL

I just had a quick go at using some of those tips and your right, those picture aren't as good as they could be.

Here are some of the results:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just found this effect and thought I'd upload a pic :)

picture.php

Back