Toyota 7 - Côte d'Azur

Toyota 7 Race Car '70 - Monaco Historic Race

Ride Height------------ -20 / -20
Springs-----------------11.5 (F) / 12.5 (R)
Dampers (Ext'n)-------6 (F) / 5 (R)
Dampers (comp)-------5 (F) / 4 (R)
Anti-Roll Bars-----------6 / 5
Camber------------------1.5 (F) / 1.5 (R)
Toe-----------------------0.00 (F) / + 0.40 (R)
LSD----------------------9-36-18
Brakes-------------------5/4
Downforce---------------Maximum F & R
Speed/gear..................debatable, but 155 to 162 will work.

The key to winning this event is getting a grid with the Chaparral 2J lined up to start in the 3rd row. This may be around the 8th time you try the race. He will get tangled up in a wreck at least once and get turned around. After that, it's an easy win.

I'd recommend gearing at 280 km/h (174 mph?) to avoid banging off the rev limiter in the 3 fast spots on the track. With the 'high RPM' turbo, 935hp, it'll just run out of gears at the end of the 'straight' stretches, but only if you carry enough speed out of the corners.

I'm using a SIXAXIS, and T/C set at 1. The handling is the best I've had with this car, kudos 👍. After 3 or 4 races to perfect the gearing, I won with the 2J starting on row 1 & trying to catch up to me the whole race. My level 26 Bob already won this with another setup (and mid-RPM turbo) and a lot of coaching, perhaps it'd have been a snap.

Last edited:

The key to winning this event is getting a grid with the Chaparral 2J lined up to start in the 3rd row. This may be around the 8th time you try the race. He will get tangled up in a wreck at least once and get turned around. After that, it's an easy win.

Thanks Dotini, it really helped on the B-spec race after I was getting so frustrated with it.

Done this set up, level 22 B-spec and he is useless.

Trying again, and again, until he wins it.

Thanks for the set-up, my B-spec bobs must just be rubbish in the car. Gonna try them in the GT40.

Last edited:

I had been messing with this race on and off for the better part of today and finally got frustrated. I tried varying strategies and settings found on the web, and once I tried this one, I had immediate noticeable improvements. I did the 162mph top speed and was using the Stg 2 turbo setup. I restarted until the 2j was at least in 5th position, which he was on the winning round, and went from there. By lap 6 I was clear of the rest of the pack and it was just me in 2nd and the 2j in first. The 2j never wrecked during the race, but he did seem to frequently bump the inside of the last several turns which gave me quite a bit of momentum going up the uphill starting portion of the track. I passed him in that section on to start lap 8 and that was that.

Thanks a ton.

Top stuff mate! i was struggling big time with my lvl 21 BOB until i used this setup

check this out i used this setting

A Spec

thanks to GTplanet : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum
/showthread.php?t=143628&page=5

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage 2)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 224mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -30/-30
Spring Rate= 20/20
Dampers ext and comp both= 10/10/
Anti Roll Bars= 7/7
Camber: F= 7.0, R= 0.0
Toe: F= -0.10 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=9 / R=8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_vivQcC5ro

Back