Toyota Discontinuing Scion Brand

• Thread starter JR98
  • 102 comments
The iA will now be the "Yaris iA" and the iM will now become the "Corolla iM". FR-S to GT-86 as well.

upload_2016-3-17_12-37-6.png

Dragging the Scion names along to tag with the Toyota ones seems a bit weird, but, then again, #BRANDING. It'd be easier to just call them the Yaris Sedan and Corolla Sport, but that's ignoring logic, which Toyota does regularly. Still, nice that they're giving the 86 a facelift and a proper name. All across the board, I'm interested to see how pricing goes now that the damn Pure Price garbage is gone.

I wish I was at a Toyota dealer this week to see if there's any excess swag I can get.

Why the mid-month change? Seems a bit out of place, since the dealer world runs on the accounting cycle, which means everything ends at the end of the month. Behind the scenes, I guess all the accounting ledger entries of Scion sales, finance & insurance, parts, servicing, clerical, et al now transfers to Toyota Car entries...Exciting stuff!

So, with Trump acquiring the Scion name, will he be trying to get young people in his properties?

He will, but I imagine the tagline "grab life by the 🤬 " won't really play well in some markets.

I wish I was at a Toyota dealer this week to see if there's any excess swag I can get.

Why the mid-month change? Seems a bit out of place, since the dealer world runs on the accounting cycle, which means everything ends at the end of the month. Behind the scenes, I guess all the accounting ledger entries of Scion sales, finance & insurance, parts, servicing, clerical, et al now transfers to Toyota Car entries...Exciting stuff!
Eh. They announced they'll be closing back in March-April IIRC, so they had plenty of time to scale down scion or like you said transfer all the ledgers to Toyota.

Back