Toyota Doesn't Want Its Cars in Games With 'Illegal Street Racing'

That Need for Speed response tweet is actually kind of hilarious "pffft, nerds" :lol:

Sounds like they're Colby Chaos Covington fans #NerdBash2019

Regardless of the nitty gritty reasons behind the deal, I just find it quite unfortunate that, in a lot of things, human beings cannot think of the future and always focuses on short term gains. The racing game market is quite small in the grand scheme of things (compared to RPG, FPS, MMO, etc). Game makers, motorsport organisers, car manufacturers and track owners should band together and help each other out instead of always looking to one up each other no matter the costs. Imagine in the future when we all ride in soulless autonomous electric boxes, and motorsport is controlled by drivers remotely using VR. The only way we can experience the joys of driving ICE cars and old school motorsport will be through these old games. How sad would it be that a large chunk of these games will be missing crucial cars from this era. We already have a large gap of not having Porsches for many years, and now Toyota pulls this stunt. I just can't comprehend it. Tada-san is clearly also a motoring aficionado so I don't think it's him that makes the decision, but whoever the higher up at Toyota JP that decides this, on behalf of petrolheads and motorsport fans everywhere: **** you.

Exclusivity? I don't see how holding a brand hostage benefits the consumer.
Sorry but by saying that, I actually meant that the brand continues to exist in GT7 which I forgot to clarify clearly.

There's no point the exclusivity would still go on and to be honest, it really sucks if you still need to play a certain game just to use their cars virtually.

We lived with a decade of Porsche being locked down. Majority of racing game fans all hate exclusive licences regardless if its a brand or a certain car.
I also wouldn't like exclusivities if you ask me either.

At least Toyota pay attention to comments (I'm looking at you forza) also, this is fake, as a handful of Toyotas (spoiler alert but not really) appear in the new hobbs and Shaw movie

At least Toyota pay attention to comments (I'm looking at you forza) also, this is fake, as a handful of Toyotas (spoiler alert but not really) appear in the new hobbs and Shaw movie
The tweet that alludes to the title were later deleted (implying that the street racing statement wasn't actually officially clarified) and posts a followup statement that it actually because Toyota isn't very interested in licensing to more games at the moment, for some reason.

Back