Toyota GR Corolla is Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in August

• Thread starter Famine
  • 39 comments
Looks great, can't wait to try it!

Some nice pictures and extra details on the official news page (thanks PuffelPizza :cheers:)

If I'm understanding this right, skipping the Championship could mean you have to wait until late September (update?) to try it :indiff:
  • Available to "test drive in practice mode as soon as the server maintenance has been completed on Monday, August 7".
  • Specified car in the TGR GT Cup Championship, Round 7, on August 27.
  • Players who "have their PSN ID listed on the Points Ranking at the end of Round 7" will receive it as a gift car on August 28.
  • Available for "purchase from Brand Central starting at the end of September"

Last edited:
@Famine at the least, could merge them.
I could, but I've been busy this morning and getting the article out was more important than streamlining threads to everyone's satisfaction.
I kinda find it a bit disrespectful.
What are you finding disrespectful? I'm at two things, possibly three.

I'm surprised they added the LHD North American version of this car?
Same, very surprised. Probably dictated by Toyota since the US is far and away the main market for the car.

Bummer it’s the stupid Morizo version though. I’m hoping we do get the ‘24 CE, again LHD.

As for the competition one need enter to get the car early… would this entail entering an actual online race? Or might it be possible to get onto the points board with just TT/qualifying?

As for the competition one need enter to get the car early… would this entail entering an actual online race? Or might it be possible to get onto the points board with just TT/qualifying?
As long as you register for the competition your ID should appear in the points rankings, even if you don’t race or even practice.

I'm surprised they added the LHD North American version of this car?
Why? This car was made specifically for this market since Toyota didn’t want to spend the cash to bring the Yaris chassis to North America. Plus, as far as I’m aware a significant majority of the GR Corollas will be sold here anyways.

Makes plenty of sense to me.

Maybe a new track too? Please drop road America.

Looking forward to this Corolla however, thanks for the ever continued car/track drops PD

I could, but I've been busy this morning and getting the article out was more important than streamlining threads to everyone's satisfaction.

What are you finding disrespectful? I'm at two things, possibly three.
Thought my comment was self explanatory. If a article is already posted, what are we gaining from a second thread providing nothing extra?
You say you could but still spent the time making it? What am i missing here?

Sorry for tha late reply.

Last edited:
Thought my comment was self explanatory. If a article is already posted, what are we gaining from a second thread providing nothing extra?
You say you could but still spent the time making it? What am i missing here?
The forum automatically creates threads from posted articles. I spent no time at all making it, other than the time required for making the article. Making the article was a more important use of my time (and the thing I'm actually paid for), providing racing game news for free, than streamlining all of the various locations in which it's being discussed to satisfy people who posted an external link.

Still curious what it is you're finding "disrespectful" here.

Last edited:
When I try to enter the Toyota Cup, it tells me that it's impossible to connect to the server...anyone knows how to solve that?

When I try to enter the Toyota Cup, it tells me that it's impossible to connect to the server...anyone knows how to solve that?
Do you have a PlayStation Plus subscription?

I have completed 1 round 5 Toyota cup race but my rankings still doesn't show up. Is it supposed to be like this or what? I don't know because it is my first time entering sports mode cup 😅

I have completed 1 round 5 Toyota cup race but my rankings still doesn't show up. Is it supposed to be like this or what? I don't know because it is my first time entering sports mode cup 😅
Your results show up when all the race slots are complete, across all the regions. So tomorrow basically! :)

Last edited:
Back