Toyota/Lexus Drifters

• Thread starter Aki Ko
  • 71 comments
United States
Southern Carolina
PeteWheet
I'm curious to see how many people drift this brand. I primarily drift a Lexus GS 300 Vertex Edition or a Lexus SC 300 '97, with a possibility of making a Chaser drifter. Maybe we can get together one day and have a 'Yoda tandem session.

I wish they had more JZX series. I would drive them all day.

3706d1085809287-cressida-chaser-jzx81-with-2jz-56k-warning-mkii_drift.jpg

crying-waterfalls.gif

I have nothing better to do since summer vacation started. Want to meet up later today or possibly Saturday?

I have nothing better to do since summer vacation started. Want to meet up later today or possibly Saturday?

I do - as long as I'm available that is - and I'm quite sure I have several GT6 buddies who would love to join. I'll add you as soon as I get home, then you can PM me if you organize this.

Cheers.

The GS300 is brilliant! By far the best car to drift with, in my opinion.
Especially with the low pressure turbo. Makes reverse entries easier since the torque is right there low down.

Agree with Isho, my favorite drift car in GT6, and possibly the smoothest of them all I've tried so far. So smooth it almost seems unfair :)
I do use the standard turbo though (I think?!). Sits on roughly 500 hp if I'm not mistaken.

@Isho; You really should try the Soarer/SC300 too. Been using it latelly, not an easy car at first, but man...it's such a "special" car to drift !

Agree with Isho, my favorite drift car in GT6, and possibly the smoothest of them all I've tried so far. So smooth it almost seems unfair :)
I do use the standard turbo though (I think?!). Sits on roughly 500 hp if I'm not mistaken.

@Isho; You really should try the Soarer/SC300 too. Been using it latelly, not an easy car at first, but man...it's such a "special" car to drift !
The SC300 and the S15 is what I've practised with when GT6 came out. One of the easiest cars to get used to when you're a wheel user.
Especially with the low pressure turbo. Makes reverse entries easier since the torque is right there low down.
I usually run stock turbo since 3rd gear is what I always stay on and it isnt that long.

I have about 550HP with 630+ torques. Such a easy car to slide and control.

I like the SC300 too, even made friends tandeming with my SC300. You have to keep RPMs up, at least for my car, but man can that car take angles like a champ.
I usually run stock turbo since 3rd gear is what I always stay on and it isnt that long.
I use the closer ratio upgrade so I have the power more available when I step on it. 3rd gear is usual gear, 4th is exit, and 5th is for broad corners. I can let you see my suspension set up if you want to try my set-up.

And would you guys take into offense that I use a DS3? I don't have any space in my room for a wheel, so I'm stuck with the DS3, but yesterday when I was tandeming with the new friend, they thought I was using a DFGT since I was drifting that smoothly.

I'm not as much of a fan of the larger 4 door cars, due to always driving smaller cars. Although my latest weapons have been the 2.5 twin turbo supra and the Celica xx ( known as the Celica supra in Australia). Also my team mate SLaB continues to go back to his supra rz. Another team mate noonga also uses an aristo. So id say we are pretty familiar with the Toyota brand.

I'm not as much of a fan of the larger 4 door cars, due to always driving smaller cars. Although my latest weapons have been the 2.5 twin turbo supra and the Celica xx ( known as the Celica supra in Australia). Also my team mate SLaB continues to go back to his supra rz. Another team mate noonga also uses an aristo. So id say we are pretty familiar with the Toyota brand.
Cool.

Tomorrow, how about we meet up?

I am very familiar with the Toyota Lexus brand. i drift 4doors, and have been longer than anyone else. love all of them

Sorry guys my net has been unstable this weekend, only just came back on 5 minutes ago...

No idea how long this will last for, trying to get somebody to come out and fix it.

Will you be on in an hour? I'll be on if my net doesn't decide to flunk out on me.

Although when I say my net I mean the shabby net that this holiday home said "worked".

:lol: :crazy:

Will you be on in an hour? I'll be on if my net doesn't decide to flunk out on me.

Although when I say my net I mean the shabby net that this holiday home said "worked".

:lol: :crazy:
I'm available now and should be then. Just let me know when you're getting on.

Ight, not sure if to decrease turbo lag on my JZX100 by putting on stage 1 turbo or keep the stage 2.

May do some testing today.

Ight, not sure if to decrease turbo lag on my JZX100 by putting on stage 1 turbo or keep the stage 2.

May do some testing today.
I usually put a stage 1 turbo on most of my drift cars. Unless you keep your revs up, stage 2 isn't ideal.

Sorry, but I'm hosting a club room (not a drift room). I can try and leave if you want me to.

Back