Toyota/Lexus Drifters

• Thread starter Aki Ko
  • 71 comments
A pic from the recent GTP Drift Matsuri, I'm in the 100, teammate is in the GS. :drool:

t6l4mXg.jpg

I've had a G27 quite a while, but never really picked up drifting. Sure, I can drift a little, but I've been using an FC and it's lack of torque at low RPM's really does frustrate me, not to mention the fact that I don't have the foggiest idea of how to tune a car for drifting in the first place. I've looked through the thread, and by the sounds of it, these 'Yota's sound pretty stable and easy to learn in. If anyone is willing to help with a set-up/general drifting tips online, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of getting a JZX100 or an Aristo, need some help guys. Thanks in advance 👍

I've had a G27 quite a while, but never really picked up drifting. Sure, I can drift a little, but I've been using an FC and it's lack of torque at low RPM's really does frustrate me, not to mention the fact that I don't have the foggiest idea of how to tune a car for drifting in the first place. I've looked through the thread, and by the sounds of it, these 'Yota's sound pretty stable and easy to learn in. If anyone is willing to help with a set-up/general drifting tips online, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of getting a JZX100 or an Aristo, need some help guys. Thanks in advance 👍

I could give you a casual setup i use for my v300 when i'm booting up gt6 if you'd like me to :)

I kept to a low range turbo in mine and run 9kg in the front, and t think 6 in the rear. LSD as 60/60/60 ride height was quite low. 2.0 degrees front camber, no front toe, no rear camber and .15 rear toe. 50kg helped the rear out too. Rest is fiddly driver preference. This is only off the top of my head but hope it helps.

Thanks guys, yeah if you could PM me the V300 tune it would be much appreciated.
I will try messing around with a few cars today, that's always the best way.

Last edited:
My v300 setup is
Ride height: F. 90 R. 95
Spring rate: F. 11.5kg R. 14.5Kg
Dampers and roll bars are set at 5 front and 6 rears
Camber: F 1.5 R 0
Toe: F. 0 R .10
5 speed tranny
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Stock diff
Tuned to 482hp with 564 torque
Comfort medium tires
No weight mods
Works well for me but it seems like the total opposite of most tunes on here

My v300 setup is
Ride height: F. 90 R. 95
Spring rate: F. 11.5kg R. 14.5Kg
Dampers and roll bars are set at 5 front and 6 rears
5 speed tranny
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Stock diff
Tuned to 482hp with 564 torque
Comfort medium tires
No weight mods
Works well for me but it seems like the total opposite of most tunes on here

>CM Tires
>gtfo

Just a bit of a curiosity that I found out recently, on a related issue;
The Toyota Soarer 2.5 custom gearbox is a 6 speed, while the Lexus SC300 custom gearbox is only 5 speed.

O_o
(I was baffled)

I was having the best luck in a Lexus GS 300 '00, if that counts for anything.

@Serum this is way off-topic but I recall seeing you say something about having a new real-life drift project in the form of a Toyota Previa...is this the case or am I mistaken? And if I'm not mistaken (about this being you), I also seem to recall there being some sort of link involved.

I was having the best luck in a Lexus GS 300 '00, if that counts for anything.

@Serum this is way off-topic but I recall seeing you say something about having a new real-life drift project in the form of a Toyota Previa...is this the case or am I mistaken? And if I'm not mistaken (about this being you), I also seem to recall there being some sort of link involved.

I think you're mixing two different posts of mine. The new ls400 project has been put on hold due to lack of shells locally and i'm kinda on the fence now. I posted a link to a risky devil x junkhouse video in another thread with them drifting a previa atleast 6 deep.

That's what I think you're remembering.

I think you're mixing two different posts of mine. The new ls400 project has been put on hold due to lack of shells locally and i'm kinda on the fence now. I posted a link to a risky devil x junkhouse video in another thread with them drifting a previa atleast 6 deep.

That's what I think you're remembering.
No if you didn't mention having a Previa drift project then I don't have the right person. Thanks for the reply though. ;)

I've Been drifting the Lexus ISF a lot lately. I really haven't gotten a solid tune for mine yet, still need to "feel it out". Drifting it has been pretty hard but I've gotten use to how it responds to my drifting style. The Car looks beautiful though, I love how it's designed.

sup guys i know im reviving an old thread but i need a little input on a couple tunes ive been messing with and would like a few tips/like to hear what you would adjust

98 toyota rs200

Ride height: F. 85 R. 85

Spring rate: F. 8.5kg R. 6.5Kg

Dampers:
(compression) F.3 R.3
(extension) F.4 R.3

Roll bars F. 3 R. 3

stock tranny
twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft