• 51 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad
Chad
kennylmao
HELLS YEAH, WE GOT THE TS030!!!
:cheers:

We already got the Audi R18. Now all we need is a worthy opponent something to destroy it. :mischievous:

The prototype:

web02-toyota-ts030.jpg

The race car:

toyota-ts030-hybrid-race-car.jpg

Here are some videos:

(It launches in EV mode just like the Prius GT300 :embarrassed:)

I left the best for last. :P

(I'm not sure about the year/version/color, there is another with a different set of headlights, and another two in blue.
If you know more, please let me know so I can update the OP)

Thanks @thesrdic and @Koenerman for the tip. ;)

Attachments

• TOY19.jpg
    TOY19.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
That red one is the prototype, last seen at SPA 2012 for a photoshoot. The car debuted at Le Mans that year, in blue.

The Audi Shall not be destroyed... Look at the points standings for the WEC Manufactures' Championship.... Audi is up by almost half of what the Toyota Team scored.... So there.... It would be a fun car to have though.

The Audi Shall not be destroyed... Look at the points standings for the WEC Manufactures' Championship.... Audi is up by almost half of what the Toyota Team scored.... So there.... It would be a fun car to have though.
I meant at Le Mans, cause there's all that matters. ;) Last time Toyota got second place with the TS020. This time they also got second place in the TS030. I hope they could finally achieve their goal and win at Le Mans. :)

Last edited:
I like the car but hate Toyota's method of handling Le Mans. They always come in strong and are a contender, then just cut back their program. Makes no sense to me.

I like the car but hate Toyota's method of handling Le Mans. They always come in strong and are a contender, then just cut back their program. Makes no sense to me.
Sebastien Buemi said there will be the TS040 this year... Absolutely thrilled about it. I hope they can finally beat Audi now in Le Mans :)

Sebastien Buemi said there will be the TS040 this year... Absolutely thrilled about it. I hope they can finally beat Audi now in Le Mans :)
Although I am an Audi fan I would like to see Toyota stay. It makes no sense to me that they would wait until March to unveil their car while Audi already unveiled theirs and Porsche showed of theirs in December (granted it was still in factory camouflage). To me it seems like their program is a bit unprepared. Audi was working on their car for 2 years but I'm not entirely sure. Porsche has also been working on theirs for at least a year.

I think Toyota Racing is a little behind as it was continually working the TS030-HYBRID despite cutting back to one car for a bit. I am a big Audi Sport fan but I would love to see Toyota win 24h du Mans and I will be 100% behind them.

Also, there has to be a TS040-HYBRID so as to comply with the new regulations. There was a closed test last week at Paul Ricard HTTT and Alex had another seat fitting the other day. Winning 24h du Mans will only become more difficult as Porsche will be serious contenders and Nissan has commited to a full LMP1 programme for 2015 .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back