TPC GT Championship

• Thread starter The359
  • 123 comments
c7c1154fe20a18428ab88b03461053e9_photo.webp

Prepared in Kyoto

Point standings have been posted on the first page of the thread.

Thank you all for participating in the opening round, I think things mainly went smoothly. Obviously, Kyoto's hills and kerbs upset the handling for most of us at some point during the race, but things should be much smoother in Tokyo, as long as you keep it off the wall. I myself had many instances of throwing it away, but we all survived this race and everyone made it to the end, so now we have a foundation to build on.

There were no significant issues with lag, thankfully, but a couple of cars were a bit jerky, so please be aware that if you are suffering from lag you may be adversely affecting those that are trying to race you and give an inch or two of extra room and patience with those around you.

Please be aware specifically for Tokyo that the track limits at the chicane are the red and white kerbing and the painted white line. Two wheels must be within track limits at all times. This means the yellow sausage kerb can have two wheels on it as it is beyond track limits, but not more than two. See the image for an illustration.

20210104103628.jpg

EDIT: Also, if anyone running solo wants to tell me a specific Team Name to use for the Teams Championship, let me know. Or if anyone wants to start teaming up, also let me know.

Last edited:

Thank you all for participating in the opening round, I think things mainly went smoothly. Obviously, Kyoto's hills and kerbs upset the handling for most of us at some point during the race, but things should be much smoother in Tokyo, as long as you keep it off the wall. I myself had many instances of throwing it away, but we all survived this race and everyone made it to the end, so now we have a foundation to build on.

There were no significant issues with lag, thankfully, but a couple of cars were a bit jerky, so please be aware that if you are suffering from lag you may be adversely affecting those that are trying to race you and give an inch or two of extra room and patience with those around you.

Please be aware specifically for Tokyo that the track limits at the chicane are the red and white kerbing and the painted white line. Two wheels must be within track limits at all times. This means the yellow sausage kerb can have two wheels on it as it is beyond track limits, but not more than two. See the image for an illustration.

20210104103628.jpg

EDIT: Also, if anyone running solo wants to tell me a specific Team Name to use for the Teams Championship, let me know. Or if anyone wants to start teaming up, also let me know.
Team of one for me then, Barber Motorsport

20210104103628.jpg

Can we straddle the yellow curb if we still have 2 wheels on the red/white curb or do the inside wheels need to be inside the white line as per the Toyota in that photo?

I enjoyed the race yesterday, most competitive I’ve been in a race with tuning in a long time, thanks to @Pigems for sharing the tune. I didn’t feel like I was trying that hard but no way my tires would last half the race. My tires were absolutely fried at the end so I wouldn’t have caught Pigems even if I didn’t crash with a few laps to go.

Haven’t played this game much in a few months so don’t know if it’s a new thing or not but really noticed dirty air yesterday, car handled totally different if you were within about 2 seconds of another car.

Sadly will miss the next one, my work Christmas party is on the 10th and won’t have time to do the race and get there on time.

I’ll second the dirty air. I was running maximum downforce but it was surprising how much difference it made.

Great racing as always, thanks to @The359 for hosting and all the bop work you’ve put in. The cars look and feel great and although I was sceptical I think banning tc was a good idea even if it means the majority (maybe even everybody) crashed out at some point during the race.

Congrats to the podium runners, you guys were absolutely flying. Really pleased with p6 after an up and down race. I didn’t see much on track action but was constantly chasing or being chased by a few seconds here or there. Great job to @Xradkins on a p5. Hopefully we can get the vette on the podium at some point but off to a good start so far.

Thanks everyone for the clean racing, we take it for granted now but it’s a pleasure as always to race with the TPC crew.
:gtpflag:

I enjoyed the race yesterday, most competitive I’ve been in a race with tuning in a long time, thanks to @Pigems for sharing the tune. I didn’t feel like I was trying that hard but no way my tires would last half the race. My tires were absolutely fried at the end so I wouldn’t have caught Pigems even if I didn’t crash with a few laps to go.

Haven’t played this game much in a few months so don’t know if it’s a new thing or not but really noticed dirty air yesterday, car handled totally different if you were within about 2 seconds of another car.

Sadly will miss the next one, my work Christmas party is on the 10th and won’t have time to do the race and get there on time.

I was gutted when I saw the time gap start going up there with a few to go man, you had been closing that gap for your entire last stint, my tires were also as dead as door nails. I think you may have caught me if not for the crash. Great race man, that was a lot of fun trying to stay ahead of you. 🍻

@The359 as we’re at Tokyo which is generally a prime location for bump drafting, is bump drafting allowed and if so are there any weird contact/damage issues to be wary of?

Last edited:
@The359 as we’re at Tokyo which is generally a prime location for bump drafting, is bump drafting allowed and if so are there any weird contact/damage issues to be wary of?
I don't plan to police it other than to say that you should be smart with bump drafting and not riding someone's bumper into a corner, or hitting people at a high rate of speed. If you are pushing someone and they brake and you don't and they end up being pushed wide or into a wall, that's on you and you should definitely not gain any advantage from that move.

Damage is on light so you are susceptible to damaging your front aero.

Contact? When has it ever helped? Because we are dealing with corner speed and different cars performance, contact is asking for an unexpected force that we don't find time to test in a positive manner. It would be best to stick with what we can test for and leave the CONTACT to NASCAR.

@Armaco @DarkCobra6114 @Kermit_2142 @RacingGrandpa @Xradkins @Malizaghi @bloodyboyblue @challenger001 @grp__kta @Spinerkopin @Valex @Pigems @Toto_Siebert @Michelin Man @MaxAttack

This is your heads-up. The lobby will be opening in approximately 3 hours.

One final warning point for everyone, please be aware of the pit lane and pit entry for this race. If you are entering the pit lane, it is your responsibility to avoid hitting or disrupting cars around you. If you have to slow down or lose time to make the pit entry safely, so be it.

Back