TPC Presents : Pagani Zonda R - Battle of Barcelona - May 22nd 17:30 EDT / 22:30 BST - 1 space free

upload_2021-5-17_23-41-13.png

Is it cool or looked down upon to create a practice lobby (using the exact settings)
And invite fellow participants or ‘“friends “ that have manners. Just trying to play fair, thanks looking forward to it.
Suggestion: RUF only race, Vulcan only race.

Is it cool or looked down upon to create a practice lobby (using the exact settings)
And invite fellow participants or ‘“friends “ that have manners. Just trying to play fair, thanks looking forward to it.
Suggestion: RUF only race, Vulcan only race.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean...

If you mean - can I run an event like this, then yes sure 👍.
If you mean - can I host a practice lobby for this race, then yes of course do as many as you wish, post in here when it’s live if you want too.

I am planning an official practice lobby tomorrow (Thursday) at the expected race time

Last edited:
I’m not 100% sure what you mean...

If you mean - can I run an event like this, then yes sure 👍.
If you mean - can I host a practice lobby for this race, then yes of course do as many as you wish, post in here when it’s live if you want too.

I am planning an official practice lobby tomorrow (Thursday) at the expected race time
Thanks for the reply. I’ll try to make it tomorrow to practice. Sorry for the confusion I wasn’t sure if practicing in the lobby settings with other participants was frowned upon. I tried it in the custom race and it felt like the handling and over all Physics were much different. Hope to make it on track tomorrow. Thanks for getting back to me and especially hosting this event. Just setting up a lobby is a lot of work ive have come to learn.

If there any plans for a practice room, I am game for it. Completed a livery last night and ready to go, never actually raced the car and never experienced it with tire wear so it should be interesting.

I’ll open one up. Let me double check my settings are correct. Zonda r practice will be the lobby name. Free run form unless enough people show to do a mini race. Friends only so feel free to send one to me. PSN: ILLEAGLE_34
When searching for the room make sure to set All regions as well

Last edited:
Feel like I've gotten a good grasp after running a solo race simulation and then some additional miles in a practice room with @ILLEAGLE_34 . As mentioned before, gonna be the first time I've race this and that's gonna be far different from hot lapping.

Feel like I've gotten a good grasp after running a solo race simulation and then some additional miles in a practice room with @ILLEAGLE_34 . As mentioned before, gonna be the first time I've race this and that's gonna be far different from hot lapping.

Yes it’s was a good little practice last night. It’s not going to be an easy race but it should be a lot of fun. I expect nobody will have raced this car either so your not alone in that regard.

@DelboyD there is space available if you want it tonight

:cheers:

### Raceday Notification ###​

Hi all, hope everyone is looking forward to tonight. It’s going to be a long race, patience and consistency will be the name of the game. Kudos points for the most drift angle ;).

Just a few notes:

Race Schedule:
- Lobby will be open any time after 22:00/1700.
- Qualifying will begin once everyone is ready or no later than 22:45/17:45.
- Qualifying will end after 10 minutes, I will announce the final lap and then if everyone can park in the gravel at t1 but do not leave the track so that I can collect the Qualifying times.
- Everyone will then be able to choose their starting tyres for the race. Either Hard or Medium, both front and rear tyres must match. (No M/H combos please).
Race will be grid start so don’t forget to TC if you need it.

Race Strategy:
- This is a pit stop race , where both Hard and Medium tyres must be used and refuelling will be required. You can pit as many times as you wish. (1stop seems the most likely strategy).
- 33 total laps and we will be starting on 80% fuel.
- 80% fuel should last 18/19 laps flat out
- Tyres start to become slippery around 15 laps.

Race Etiquette
- This is a long race, please be cautious during the race start, especially with drivers choosing different tyre compounds.
- Please be aware of extending braking zones with slip stream.
- As usual we will be using the honour system, if you make a mistake please give the position back.
- When exiting pit lane, please do not cross the white line and be aware of faster cars as you brake into T1.
- Any lapped cars will not be ghosted, both lapping and lapped cars please be mindful of each other.

I think that’s about it, we have 15 runners, any late joiners will be first come first served. I will be afk for a few hours so bare with me if any questions come up.
If I haven’t already, please send me a friend request at Kermit_2142.

Good luck and have a great race :cheers:

@ILLEAGLE_34 / ILLEAGLE_34 / #34
@Adam Barber / GTP_Abarber95 / #95
@Pigems / TPC_Pigems / #420
@El_Beardo / El_Beardo_Grande / #41
Non GTP / Desert Penguin / #9
@GTP_Guido / TPC_Guido / #69
@AfraidRacer / AfraidRacer / #7
@Timm Sheehan / tmsheehan / #91
@Spinerkopin / Spiner-Kopin / #20
@Stencedaddy / xPat_McCrotchxx / #3
@Rods / Boitcon / #25
@The359 / The359 / #17
@RACECAR / GTP_RACECAR / #32
@DelboyD / #5

Last edited:
So as typical of me being a timezone plebian, what time would 17:30 be for me here in Texas CST?

Last edited:
Tough, but enjoyable!

I'd never used the Zonda until this afternoon, Maybe not the best car to come back to GT after over two weeks off. It's a handful!
Other than the kart, tonight was the first time I've used traction control in over two years.

Was reasonably happy with my qually time.

I had no pace on the hards at the start. Had a minor off and was going backwards. In practice, it was obvious the car was more fun on the mediums, so with no points at stake, I thought I'd do a two stopper. I didn't need to think about fuel/tyre saving and could just enjoy the race.

PS_App_20210523_012522.jpeg

Had a great race, it was intense throughout. Started second but bogged down a bit at the start on the Hard strategy. Got passed by two Medium runners while @Spinerkopin led the way, but managing this car in turbulent air and in the draft made life for everyone difficult. Spiner fell off at Turn 1 and fell back behind me, but we kept trading off positions every few laps.

Pitted at Lap 16 to get on the Mediums and immediately attacked, catching @El_Beardo and then taking the lead when the rest pitted later. Just managed my tires and the gap to Spiner, with us fighting at the start but he fell back once again, yet he never strayed beyond two seconds behind me.

Very stressful, but extreme fun, the Zonda R is a satisfying car when you can get it right. Thank you for the race @Kermit_2142

Thanks to @Kermit_2142 and to all drivers for a great race. I had a blast. :cheers:

Qualifying was much better than expected. I decided to start with the mediums and was able to keep up with the pace of @Pigems and @Kermit_2142 , who started on hard tires and i had to give everything to keep my lead over @RACECAR
At the end of the race, @Adam Barber who was now on the Mediums, was able to keep catching up and overtook me on the last lap. Great racing

Back