TPC Presents: Super GT Multi class. Complete, GT500 Champion Philtaylor17, GT300 Champion R1600Turbo

Which track would you prefer we test at on Sunday?

• Interlagos

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Nürburgring GP

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Kyoto Yamigiwa + Miyabi

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

A fan of multi class racing but want something a little different then this Gr2/Gr3 series should be for you!

Lobbies will open at 14:00PST - 17:00EST - 22:00GMT and qualifying will start 20 minutes after this with the races lasting just over an hour.​

Tyres: Racing Mediums
Start: Manual Rolling Start
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: x2
Fuel Depletion: 1x
Initial Fuel level: 70l
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Weak
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.

Qualifying will last for 10 minutes and both classes will be in track simultaneously
Cars are to follow pole position who will lead the cars around at a maximum speed of 62mph/100kph
Gr3 cars are to follow Gr2 at a minimum gap of 5 seconds
Cars may start at leaders digression before the start line once all cars it class are on the main straight

Round 1 - November 29th - Fuji GP 17:15
45 Laps +1

Round 2 - December 13th - Sainte Croix B 15:10
34 Laps +1

Round 3 - January 3rd - Red Bull Ring (wet) 10:45
38 Laps +1

Round 4 - January 17th - Autopolis 16:00
40 Laps +1

Round 5 - January 31st - Spa-Francorchamps 16:45
28 Laps +1

Round 6 - Febuary 14th - Suzuka 16:30
35 Laps +1

Stock Livery is prohibited
Nothing that breaks either GTSport or GTPlanet TOS
Please use stock/centre lock wheels (can be re coloured) and "default" window sticker/banner
Use of Bridgestone, Michelin, Yokohama and Dunlop tyres is allowed as these are what the real series uses
Gr3/GT300 class to use Yellow headlights
All decals can be found HERE
Number board placement for Gr.2/GT500 class, Exact placement can vary
Number board placement of Gr3/GT300 class, Exact placement can vary

Points will be scored for each class separately with a bonus point for pole position and fastest lap for GT500
1st- 10
2nd-8
3rd- 6
4th-5
5th-4
6th-3
7th-2
8th-1

Try and race cleanly and fairly, for example if you get a pass done with a bit of a shove it's the right thing to do to give this place back and pass again in a clean manor,

If/when being lapped, do not yield position, or move off line unless safe to do so. It is the responsibility of the faster driver to make a safe pass,

Don't abuse the track limits, some of the tracks really bite back

Have fun!

If interested please sign up with the following:

GTP name - Bakaboi18
PSN name - Bakaboi18
Race number - 19
Car class (GR2/GR3) - GR3
Car choice - Porsche 911 RSR

Have fun and good luck!

Formation lap is a rolling start from now on so be careful and if you do crash then you've got to rejoin at the back of the pack.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure if I had some pace at the beginning or if @Michelin Man was toying with me. :P Spent most of the race just trying to keep the car straight. The Subaru is tail happy in the dry anyway, especially in 2nd gear, so as you can imagine the two 2nd gear right hand turns were a nightmare every single lap. Usually started with me getting into the throttle and turning hard left to catch the slide. It said I had 20.9 laps remaining for fuel when I came in, so I decided to do a splash just to make sure. Probably took too much, and then on the lap after my stop I almost spun out in T1, did a little tour of the grass. Basically lost 8-10 seconds through all that and didn't want to make a mistake pushing hard to catch the leader, so I just gave in and tried to keep it straight for the rest of the race.

Thankfully it'll be dry the rest of the season. :lol:

Well, I'm not sure if I had some pace at the beginning or if @Michelin Man was toying with me. :P Spent most of the race just trying to keep the car straight. The Subaru is tail happy in the dry anyway, especially in 2nd gear, so as you can imagine the two 2nd gear right hand turns were a nightmare every single lap. Usually started with me getting into the throttle and turning hard left to catch the slide. It said I had 20.9 laps remaining for fuel when I came in, so I decided to do a splash just to make sure. Probably took too much, and then on the lap after my stop I almost spun out in T1, did a little tour of the grass. Basically lost 8-10 seconds through all that and didn't want to make a mistake pushing hard to catch the leader, so I just gave in and tried to keep it straight for the rest of the race.

Thankfully it'll be dry the rest of the season. :lol:

I wish! :lol:. It was a struggle that required much concentration and patience from the get-go, had to push with the pace of GT300 anyway. Though holding on may be more accurate with things were at the start, I had no confidence early on with those cold wet tyres (especially lap 1). However I didn't help matters by overcooking it into the gravel at T3 on lap 3, certainly had to push to catch you then. I'd gain in sector 1 then lose time in S2, plus vision was reduced massively in the spray when following a car. That WRX looked a real handful out of corners, made for great viewing with the car control of those neat slides though 👍. I know the Subie has a real punchy power-band with that torque at low RPMS, so it must have been interesting in the wet. I was lucky the NSX has good on traction and braking, but it can lull you into a false sense of security in the wet. Highlighted when I broke too late into T2 nearly wiping you out in the process (my apologies if the where was any contact, it felt close). Nice job with the P2 though, I enjoyed the racing.

I did wonder how the gap extended after my stop, but I knew I couldn't take it for granted. It was easier to maintain a rhythm as the fuel went down but I was kept alert, nearly losing it at the final corner of all places at times.

Congrats @Philtaylor17 on another win as well as @GT5Power and @Spinerkopin for the GT500 podiums 👍. And congrats @Bakaboi18 for the podium in GT300, great 1st race. That was a testing race and I know the wet wasn't to everyone's liking so great job all around really. Roll on Autopolis next round :cheers:.

20210104031702.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly a tough race. Congrats to everyone for completing it, it would’ve been a lot easier to skip this one but glad we managed to still maintain as good as a full grid.

Qualifying went well with the GT300s looking tight on pace. The first few laps saw us in a group of 4 until I dropped off the back at a surprisingly rapid pace. I can’t seem to get the most out of the Lambo with over 50% fuel and it was only compounded by the wet conditions. Frustratingly a tiny mistake would end up costing around a second in time but ultimately I was way off the pace of the leaders.
Towards the end I managed to catch up to @Bakaboi18 (who I think no stopped ?) and I looked for a move into T2 but it was covered off nicely and then I didn’t really get another opportunity. I tried to add as much pressure as I could but the gap seemed to hover at around 1s until the very end. A great drive for p3 especially stepping at short notice :cheers:.

Thankfully there will be no more wet races but it was a nice change 👍.

Back