TPC Presents: The Oval Challenge Series, sponsored by Nothing™

• Thread starter MaxAttack
  • 115 comments
Sorry for any madness I caused, was disconnected from chat for half of the 2nd race. 💩

Good times. Photo finish from the last race. 🙂
8503439381661484560_0.jpg

Tonight's result ended up being interesting so I'll post it here. Points were awarded based on the standard TPC scoring.

(28/18/15/13/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/0(DNF))

1st and JOINT NASKART Champions:
GOTMAXPOWER - 47 (13/9/25)
TPC_MaxAttack - 47 (11/18/18)

2nd: TPC_Watto - 42 (18/13/11)

=3rd: DelboyD - 38 (15/15/8)
equus_ferrum - 38 (3/25/10)

4th: TPC_Pigems - 36 (25/6/5)

5th: Challenger001 - 27 (10/4/13)

6th - AfraidRacer - 23 (0/8/15)

7th - phreelickz - 22 (6/10/8)

8th - Kaizen-Teian - 21 (9/3/9)

9th - TPC_Kevstah2004 (0/13/7)

10th - GTP_Abarber95 - 18 (8/7/3)

11th - Drex125 - 12 (7/5/0)

Thanks again all for coming out and congratulations on the imaginary silverware to @GOTMAXPOWER , @watto79 , @DelboyD and @GTWolverine !

And of course a trophy for myself just sliiiightly larger than GMP's ;)

Last edited:
1st and JOINT NASKART Champions:
GOTMAXPOWER - 47 (13/9/25)
TPC_MaxAttack - 47 (11/18/18)
I'm NASKART champion on alphabetical order 😎

Fun racing tonight even though I was too messy to hold a line, if you cover the inside too much you sometimes clip the apron and shoot up the banking, if you give it room you have a kart or 7 on the inside and you shoot up the banking.

Bring on round 2!

I'm NASKART champion on alphabetical order 😎

Fun racing tonight even though I was too messy to hold a line, if you cover the inside too much you sometimes clip the apron and shoot up the banking, if you give it room you have a kart or 7 on the inside and you shoot up the banking.

Bring on round 2!
Yeah clipping the apron was a big issue for me too. I turned the sensitivity down at Northern Isle to try to help and it worked a little bit.

Hello everyone,

Upon further testing, which was in fact the first testing I did, next week's Shelby GT350 round will be at BB Raceway.

The gearbox just tops out at BMB and the racing should be much better at the Bean. Beware the kink! You may want to turn a couple laps practice for this one, but she's a fun beast.

Settings for Round 2:
Tyre: Sports Medium
Power/Weight: 100/100
Track/ToD: BB Raceway, 09:00 Sunny
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Real
Tyre Wear/Fuel: Off
Penalties: Off
Tuning: Prohibited
ASM, CSA and Autodrive: Prohibited.

Since Traction Control was a long way off in 1965, it will also be prohibited.

Format for Round 2:
5 minutes Qualifying/15 Minutes Sprint/30 Minute race with MANDATORY PIT STOP.

You must pit within the pit window, which opens once 10 minutes have passed, and closes with 10 minutes to go.

Pit stop is a simple drive thru, do not take new tyres.

Hello everyone,

Upon further testing, which was in fact the first testing I did, next week's Shelby GT350 round will be at BB Raceway.

The gearbox just tops out at BMB and the racing should be much better at the Bean. Beware the kink! You may want to turn a couple laps practice for this one, but she's a fun beast.

Settings for Round 2:
Tyre: Sports Medium
Power/Weight: 100/100
Track/ToD: BB Raceway, 09:00 Sunny
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Real
Tyre Wear/Fuel: Off
Penalties: Off
Tuning: Prohibited
ASM, CSA and Autodrive: Prohibited.

Since Traction Control was a long way off in 1965, it will also be prohibited.

Format for Round 2:
5 minutes Qualifying/15 Minutes Sprint/30 Minute race with MANDATORY PIT STOP.

You must pit within the pit window, which opens once 10 minutes have passed, and closes with 10 minutes to go.

Pit stop is a simple drive thru, do not take new tyres.
Will the game let you actually complete a pit stop if there's no tire wear or fuel consumption?

Practice? We talking about practice?

I went to make a livery for the car last night and thought I had a good one, then realised we were looking for more realistic things. Expectations toned down and hopefully get it looking relatively acceptable later. Still no practice anyway

Practice? We talking about practice?

I went to make a livery for the car last night and thought I had a good one, then realised we were looking for more realistic things. Expectations toned down and hopefully get it looking relatively acceptable later. Still no practice anyway
I finished my livery earlier, it's pretty silly... Run what you want my man :)

Attachments

• PS_App_20210716_111545.jpeg
    PS_App_20210716_111545.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 13
Hello to all of tonight's victi- I mean racers, the lobby is currently open in practice mode and I'll switch over to the race lobby in about 25 minutes time. We have a few dropouts but no biggy, it's a tight track and I'm sure we can get some good action.

Pit stop in race 2 will go ahead as planned, tyre wear will still be off. Pit after 10 mins have passed but before 20 mins have passed. Don't take tyres, simply let your pit crew stand around like goons.

Be careful at the kink :D

0475-4153-8345-8199-6612

Last edited:
Back