TPC Renault Gordini Rumble Cup - FINISHED

• Thread starter MaxAttack
  • 50 comments
Thanks for having me. My apologies to anyone I affected. Probably need some more practice, I don't drive too much anymore.

I may have the replays, I will have to look. I don't recall if I saved them, but I often grab the replays by force of habit so I may have them. Will check when I'm home.
Thank you. It was excellent to race with you too.

I was directing my suspicions on the other 3 :odd: (have to watch those guys) not you, if that was not clear.

Last edited:
I uploaded the first race. Tagged TPC.

Also watched the replays, looks like a bit of lag experienced when I contacted Chevy on lap 1 turn 3. Other replays show some overlap between the front and rear of our cars, while mine showed me alongside as Chevy shot ahead from the contact. Again, my apologies, doesn't change the fact that I should have backed off the throttle. I did grab a capture of the race, which is seen below. The capture automatically crops VR to the upper 2/3 of the left eye, so you don't get the full view of what is visible in the headset and it looks like I'm sitting way up high in the car, even though I am not. You can see me shake my head at myself as I type I'm sorry in the chat. :lol:

Plenty suspicious about me.

Last edited:
I uploaded the first race. Tagged TPC.

Also watched the replays, looks like a bit of lag experienced when I contacted Chevy on lap 1 turn 3. Other replays show some overlap between the front and rear of our cars, while mine showed me alongside as Chevy shot ahead from the contact. Again, my apologies, doesn't change the fact that I should have backed off the throttle. I did grab a capture of the race, which is seen below. The capture automatically crops VR to the upper 2/3 of the left eye, so you don't get the full view of what is visible in the headset and it looks like I'm sitting way up high in the car, even though I am not. You can see me shake my head at myself as I type I'm sorry in the chat. :lol:

Plenty suspicious about me.

There's a tendency to contact in our races. Not dirty, but definitely contact. Like 1990's BTCC.
You will see :)

Results from rounds 2 and 3 have been added to the first post, along with the updated championship standings!

Reminder we finish with round 4 tomorrow! Contrary to the first post, I will determine the length of the nordschleife round to be around 20 minutes, accounting for the winds, location of mercury and my own feelings.

To avoid a lengthy qualifier, the grid for Nords will be set by championship position. We will then do two rounds on Catalunya RX with the second being a reverse grid informed by the first. Hope to see you all there, bring a friend and let's see it off with a blast so you can all get back to more serious racing or whatever :P

if you are interested fill out the simple form below as a reply to this thread;

GTP Name -
PSN Name -
Race Number -
French Farmer Name (Optional) -
I suppose I should sign up before you disqualify me for an admin error/Hans Heyer tribute act:

GTP Name - GOTMAXPOWER
PSN Name - GOTMAXPOWER
Race Number - 2 (Which is clearly painted on the door of the car so no rules broken here)
French Farmer Name (Optional) - Jean Ragnotti

Just over an hour until racing time chaps, if we run well on time and numbers I may include a celebratory final bonus round, have a stock car of your choice 1975 or earlier and a set of comfort sorts ready.

The final scores update is upon ye!

First of all thanks to everyone who turned up for these races, they were a mixed bag from boring to thrilling but I think we all had good fun.

As for the scores on the doors well, our worst fears came true, and both the Almost French Championship and the Grand Championship for Being the Very Best at Driving Pretend Old Renaults Quickly in Various Circumstances goes to @GOTMAXPOWER who we all must congratulate thru gritted teeth on a dominant display. Silver honours go to his most consistent challenger @bloodyboyblue and I collect the bronze myself mostly by merit of having to show up to every race as host.

Congrats to all who won a race which would be GMP, @Pigems, @Marcus Garvey, @Chevy Heavy and @Kermit_2142 .

Some highlights from the scoring, Kaizen pips Barber with an excellent 2nd place in the final race, and Cobra beats out his mentor Grandpa by a single point in the end.

As for the scores on the doors well, our worst fears came true, and both the Almost French Championship and the Grand Championship for Being the Very Best at Driving Pretend Old Renaults Quickly in Various Circumstances goes to @GOTMAXPOWER who we all must congratulate thru gritted teeth on a dominant display.
I'm sorry I can't hear you over the banging beat of the Almost French National anthem.

The final scores update is upon ye!

First of all thanks to everyone who turned up for these races, they were a mixed bag from boring to thrilling but I think we all had good fun.

As for the scores on the doors well, our worst fears came true, and both the Almost French Championship and the Grand Championship for Being the Very Best at Driving Pretend Old Renaults Quickly in Various Circumstances goes to @GOTMAXPOWER who we all must congratulate thru gritted teeth on a dominant display. Silver honours go to his most consistent challenger @bloodyboyblue and I collect the bronze myself mostly by merit of having to show up to every race as host.

Congrats to all who won a race which would be GMP, @Pigems, @Marcus Garvey, @Chevy Heavy and @Kermit_2142 .

Some highlights from the scoring, Kaizen pips Barber with an excellent 2nd place in the final race, and Cobra beats out his mentor Grandpa by a single point in the end.
Thanks for hosting, it was a lot of fun , and congrats on the P3

Last edited:
Back