TPC Time Trial - Daytona.Open 

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 114 comments
Wales
Anglesey
El_Beardo_Grande

It's not racing. It's time attack . .

The premise is simple. Set the fastest lap you can before midnight UK time, 15th May.
No sign up required. Just run laps in your free time, and post the results.

OK, so it's not quite that simple. Please read all details carefully, including info in the tabs below.
  • There is a hard limit of 350hp/tonne.
  • Complete laps in offline/non lobby, Time Trial mode.
  • Save your best lap replay.
  • Suspiciously fast times will be asked to verify by showing a replay of their lap.
  • Complete Google form linked below, which will automatically fill, and sort a spreadsheet. You can add as many laps as you want. Only the fastest will count.
  • On the 16th May, I will reset the spreadsheet, and issue a new car/track combination.
Car used must be rear wheel drive. FR, MR, and RR are eligible.

Please note: All Gr.1/2/3/4/B cars are strictly prohibited. As are any models fitted as stock, with an adjustable gearbox, or differential.
Bodywork/aero modifications are free choice.

MANDATORY.
  • Racing Hard tyres.
  • Stock gearbox.
PROHIBITED.
  • All options in "Extreme" tab.
  • Non stock gearboxes.
  • Fully customisable LSD (1 way, and 2 way are allowed.)
We will be taking advantage of some new options in TT mode.

Track - Daytona Road Course.
Time setting - 23:00.
Track Limit Penalties - Strong.
Tyre wear/fuel consumption - Off.
Grip reduction off track - Real.
All other penalties - Off.
For anyone running the game with imperial measurements, lbs to kg converter is here.
Round UP to nearest KG.

Set car weight. Multiply weight in KG, by 0.35. This gives your maximum power output. If you get a decimal place, round down.
  • 1136kg x 0.35 = 397hp.
  • 700kg x 0.35 = 245hp.
  • 1278kg x 0.35 = 447hp
Alternatively, set your power level. Divide power level by 0.35. This gives minimum weight. If you get a decimal, round up.
  • 542hp/0.35 = 1549kg.
  • 211hp/0.35 = 603kg.
  • 368hp/0.35 = 1052kg.
Have fun. Discussion of times/set up/tips, and uploading of videos for reference/to help others, is not just allowed, it is encouraged. Help each other get faster!

Form to upload times to spreadsheet is HERE
When completing total time, please use 00:00.000 format.

1. @mcsqueegy - 1:00.255
  2. @Spinerkopin - 1:01.463
  3. @TakeshiSkunk - 1:01.747

Last edited:
TPC Time Attack is back!!

Well here goes as a 1st benchmark :scared: . Sadly I only have up to semi racing unlocked so I’m a little down on pp but I couldn’t wait so….

65’ Mini / PP - 475.26 / 140bhp / 526kg / stock setup

Ready for the spreadsheet.
Sector 1: 26.570
Sector 2: 31.041
Sector 3: 11.225
Total : 1:08.836

If I get time I may try a different turbo and some suspension setup but that’ll do for now.

What if our PP is 525.64? 😆

Edit: Just kidding. I lowered the car and it shot up to 535pp lol 😤 Went with a simpler setup.

Edit 2: got it!

20220327_174156.jpg

Last edited:
I DQed myself on 1st try. Picked Scirroco R '10. Tuned it to 525. Entered as is. Best lap 1:06.4. Exit. Save replay. PP shows 529.65. :banghead:

Scirocco is my 1st dupe car in GT7. 1 for a Challenge gift and 1 roulette gift.

Are we allowed to use race cars like the drift cars or special builds? This is interesting, I'll give it a go tonight. The aero cars not listed in the prohibited cars would be great here which is why I ask.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to use race cars like the drift cars or special builds?
Any car can be used (unless on the prohibited list) until I see evidence that it's OP for the PP level.

To be fair, I'm sort of using this TT as a test to see how balanced I can make PP tuning, by restricting certain parts/tyres.

Tsukuba + Time Attack? A near perfect combination that's right up my street 👍.

I've got a build (or two) I'd like to make, that would be perfect to test here, so I'll try and set some times over the next week or so. Still largely getting accustomed to the change in physics with GT7 and the haptic feedback of the DS5.

I presume as long as two wheels are on the curbs that is still within the track boundaries?

Also how do you find out your split times from the replay?

Last edited:
I presume as long as two wheels are on the curbs that is still within the track boundaries?

Also how do you find out your split times from the replay?
Either on, or inside the white lines.

Ah, I'm not sure you can get them from the replay. I usually make a note of my fastest lap from each session, where it shows the green highlights, on the black background.

Either on, or inside the white lines.

Ah, I'm not sure you can get them from the replay. I usually make a note of my fastest lap from each session, where it shows the green highlights, on the black background.

I was presuming it would be like on GT Sport where you could pull up the split times on the replay. I’ll have to run more laps and try to match my best then to record the splits

I was presuming it would be like on GT Sport where you could pull up the split times on the replay. I’ll have to run more laps and try to match my best then to record the splits
To be fair, I thought the same.

Until last night. Got a good lap in, and then had to run it again.

Back