Track builder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jack08520
  • 16 comments
  • 3,255 views
Messages
26
United States
United States
Messages
Jack08520
So are we going to get track builder for GTS? I signed up for a track day at NJ Motorsports Park and pissed that I can’t drive Thunderbolt for a tuneup....
 
Considering how utterly poor (and late) the GT6 execution was, I'm honestly surprised people still want this.

Take it out behind the barn and shoot it. along with B-Spec.
 
Considering how utterly poor (and late) the GT6 execution was, I'm honestly surprised people still want this.

Take it out behind the barn and shoot it. along with B-Spec.

When you had a tablet that could run it was actually very good in the short time it was available. Still limited in many ways, but I wouldn’t call it anywhere near the realm of bad.

As far as inclusion in GTS? I don’t think it will happen. Large, un-optimized render paths in the environments might be too much work for PD’s plans on the PS4. BUT, I don’t think we’ve seen the end of the course maker in the franchise as a whole, and I’d put money on seeing it pop up in the PS5 iterations.
 
Last edited:
One would doubt it in gt sport.
 
Kaz said in an interview he wants to add it but I highly doubt it will be maybe for the next-gen title.
 
That feature still work on GT 6 ?
I mean I remember that Android app for it, but I guess that don't work anymore, because there's no servers available.
 
That feature still work on GT 6 ?
I mean I remember that Android app for it, but I guess that don't work anymore, because there's no servers available.
Gt6 servers shut down so its not working anymore.
 
would love to have it back and set up in your own racing lobby.Oh well I can dream ,cant I?
 
Well, it's been a long time, I didn't remember this detail ! I was really excited to try 6 again and make funny tracks ! :)
Stupidly Gt6 track editor was working with the Gt6 servers and when they shutdown the servers you cant access to those section of games. I had great times when driving on those custom tracks and its gone. :(
 
How long has the server for GT6 been operational ?
This only to know what the server lifetime of GT Sport will be on air .
 
Considering that all of the courses in Gran Turismo Sport have pre-baked lighting, I doubt we will see a Course Maker feature return anytime soon. Either lighting would have to be done in real-time and possibly contrast rather poorly to the other courses in the game, or lighting would have to be calculated and baked on-the-spot after the creation of the course on the console itself (or sent to a server for processing), which isn't currently feasible for either option. Considering how long it takes the developers to bake in lighting into a course, having to do so for thousands of uniquely generated courses and figuring out proper algorithms for such- it isn't really doable at this time.

I'd love to see the feature return, though, as I enjoyed it in both Gran Turismo 5, despite players' criticisms, and Gran Turismo 6. I did enjoy GT5's sheer randomness of the courses that would get generated; you could generate crazy ones that have unorthodox driving lines, extremely sharp corners, or absurd elevation changes where going full-speed would launch you into the air and into the barrier if you weren't careful; the variety of layouts was also better. I also enjoyed the feature in GT6, despite its shortcomings and taking nearly two years to release even since it was printed on the back of the game's case upon release.

A few members here developed some tools that allowed you to create some truly unique courses, even some old favorites:

JBhVeim.png

O3DZ7MP.png

1ye557t.png

yZL1Dvt.png


I would like to suggest that if the feature would be returning, we should have both a course generator and a course maker, and have the course making tools done either online in-browser, or (preferably) available in the game for all players to access and use.
 
Considering that all of the courses in Gran Turismo Sport have pre-baked lighting, I doubt we will see a Course Maker feature return anytime soon. Either lighting would have to be done in real-time and possibly contrast rather poorly to the other courses in the game, or lighting would have to be calculated and baked on-the-spot after the creation of the course on the console itself (or sent to a server for processing), which isn't currently feasible for either option. Considering how long it takes the developers to bake in lighting into a course, having to do so for thousands of uniquely generated courses and figuring out proper algorithms for such- it isn't really doable at this time.

I'd love to see the feature return, though, as I enjoyed it in both Gran Turismo 5, despite players' criticisms, and Gran Turismo 6. I did enjoy GT5's sheer randomness of the courses that would get generated; you could generate crazy ones that have unorthodox driving lines, extremely sharp corners, or absurd elevation changes where going full-speed would launch you into the air and into the barrier if you weren't careful; the variety of layouts was also better. I also enjoyed the feature in GT6, despite its shortcomings and taking nearly two years to release even since it was printed on the back of the game's case upon release.

A few members here developed some tools that allowed you to create some truly unique courses, even some old favorites:

JBhVeim.png

O3DZ7MP.png

1ye557t.png

yZL1Dvt.png


I would like to suggest that if the feature would be returning, we should have both a course generator and a course maker, and have the course making tools done either online in-browser, or (preferably) available in the game for all players to access and use.

Is that Landstrasse from NFS High Stakes?
 
Is that Landstrasse from NFS High Stakes?
Indeed it is! I'd have a screenshot for you from a replay I saved if I weren't too lazy to take one; the time of day settings for Eifel allowed you to get a cast of sunlight that's similar to the original course.
 
Back