Track Limit Abuse by most Top 10 Drivers

FUNanywhere

(Banned)
India
India
So most of the times when you see a Top 10 replay. The most shocking thing is the abuse of track limits.

Check this below video of a 2:02 lap at Maggiore last night by a guy. He is blatantly cutting corners,i mean totally cutting corners.

This is a big issue in the game and needs to be fixed. I hope PD fixes this coz its unfair on people who don't know you can abuse a track like this.

Nothing against you mate rather games fault for not detecting it. Just posting an example

Yeah, that guy is me...

If you want to be fast, you have to push the limits of the game. If the game allows this, why would I lose time and not cut corners?

Honest question: do you think the top guys would not be in the top10 if the game had harsher corner cutting penalties? You're kinda of implicating they wouldn't.

I'll race on the black stuff only if that's mandatory. If it's not, I won't.

Also, during the races I can hardly do that and risk a spin or penalty. Especially on turn 4.

I also think PD should make something though. Until then, I'll continue doing this. It's not like I'm doing something the others can't.

I can tell you I could make 2:03 laps without cutting a single corner.

Edit: just to make this last point. Lots of people from all rankings cut corners. From people who make 2:02 to 2:10. It's not an exclusive of the fastest guys. Braking and accelerating at the right time is what makes time.

Last edited:
Yeah, that guy is me...

If you want to be fast, you have to push the limits of the game. If the game allows this, why would I lose time and not cut corners?

Honest question: do you think the top guys would not be in the top10 if the game had harsher corner cutting penalties? You're kinda of implicating they wouldn't.

I'll race on the black stuff only if that's mandatory. If it's not, I won't.

Also, during the races I can hardly do that and risk a spin or penalty. Especially on turn 4.

I also think PD should make something though. Until then, I'll continue doing this. It's not like I'm doing something the others can't.

I can tell you I could make 2:03 laps without cutting a single corner.
Ya as i said not your fault but the games fault.

Not many would know you can cut corners like this and wonder how they can't match this time.

PD should rectify this

Tbf I haven't played a racing game that hasn't had issues with track limits. It is what it is, players will cut as much of the track as they can. Even without those cuts those same drivers would most likely still be in the top 10 anyway.

edit: I do wish the track limits were more strict though, the off track excursions you can do on some tracks is just sad. (first sector of Nurb GP)

So most of the times when you see a Top 10 replay. The most shocking thing is the abuse of track limits.

Check this below video of a 2:02 lap at Maggiore last night by a guy. He is blatantly cutting corners,i mean totally cutting corners.

This is a big issue in the game and needs to be fixed. I hope PD fixes this coz its unfair on people who don't know you can abuse a track like this.

Nothing against you mate rather games fault for not detecting it. Just posting an example

The most shocking thing is the perfect use of every last inch of the track, when i grow up i want to be just as good.. but i got a few tips :)
The game catches any car that is over the track limit, it simply knows when the four wheels are of the track there is NOTHING wrong with that lap, unlike real racing where real track abuse is common place and almost a part of racing.

If he's not getting penalties for it, what's the big deal? maximum use of the track, whatever that includes. If you watch real racing videos online, cars often jump the curbs with two wheels to shave as much time as possible. If you're not testing the limits, then what are you doing.

If he's not getting penalties for it, what's the big deal? maximum use of the track, whatever that includes. If you watch real racing videos online, cars often jump the curbs with two wheels to shave as much time as possible. If you're not testing the limits, then what are you doing.

completely agree... hats off to the guy, I'd never be able to get a lap that fast

Its a shame thats it! And with that steering aid even more!! Leaderbord is so fake as it can get..

Its a shame thats it! And with that steering aid even more!! Leaderbord is so fake as it can get..

I use it just to relax my arms. Not because I go faster.

2 late examples of top10 laps with harder cars to control and no CSA or TCS:

I don't use it to be fast. But to be relaxed. I'll disable it sometimes if I'm not too lazy or tired.

As was pointed out in the OP quite clearly, it's not about the driver, it's about the game. There comes a point when it makes the game look unrealistic. There comes a point when it makes a mockery of the whole FIA certification thing. There comes a point when it starts to look more like Mario Kart than a racing sim. Would it be a big deal if there were no track limits at all and you could just cut across the grass at will? Of course it would so we can agree the line must be drawn somewhere. Most of us would prefer that it be at something realistic and some of what I see in that video doesn't look realistic. Your opinion may differ. But if it does differ I'd like to know where you think the track limits should be. 4 tires over the curb by 2 feet? 4 feet? Why not 10ft? How about all the way to the inside wall regardless of how far that is?

As was pointed out in the OP quite clearly, it's not about the driver, it's about the game. There comes a point when it makes the game look unrealistic. There comes a point when it makes a mockery of the whole FIA certification thing. There comes a point when it starts to look more like Mario Kart than a racing sim. Would it be a big deal if there were no track limits at all and you could just cut across the grass at will? Of course it would so we can agree the line must be drawn somewhere. Most of us would prefer that it be at something realistic and some of what I see in that video doesn't look realistic. Your opinion may differ. But if it does differ I'd like to know where you think the track limits should be. 4 tires over the curb by 2 feet? 4 feet? Why not 10ft? How about all the way to the inside wall regardless of how far that is?

tbh I thought every corner seemed realistic in terms of track limit, asides from turn 4

In real racing this would be cheating, correct? But somehow it's ok in the game? Not everyone will gladly cut the line, because it's there. The rules are: there are track limits. Do not exceed them. If you're exceeding them and not caring then you are at an advantage. But go ahead, if it's that important to you.

In real racing this would be cheating, correct? But somehow it's ok in the game? Not everyone will gladly cut the line, because it's there. The rules are: there are track limits. Do not exceed them. If you're exceeding them and not caring then you are at an advantage. But go ahead, if it's that important to you.

yes but in real racing, nobody is allowed to do that whereas in GTS everybody is allowed as @zzz_pt exploited in his video. as OP said, it's the games fault not the drivers fault for taking advantage of it. he is only doing what others are allowed to do also, therefore he is not cheating

Interesting logic. But I disagree. Most drivers, including myself don't think about how much can I get away with? We see the line and stay within the limits. So, those who look for how much they can get away with have an unfair advantage. If you continue to use that advantage, I say that's unfair and cheating.
If my employer has pads of paper and pens in a cabinet and I take them because they don't know, there's no penalty for me doing so, according to your logic, that's totally fine and my employers fault. Lol

This is an FIA game right? Doesn't the FIA define track limits as the white lines on the edge of the track? As long as you have some part of the car on or over the track surface you are considered on the track? This is not hard to do from a programming perspective. I wish people would stop defending the driver in the video because the OP clearly stated it was about the the track and the game. It would have been any name in the video because who was driving is irrelevant. No one is cheating by using the track limits the game gave them. It's about the game, not the driver.

This is an FIA game right? Doesn't the FIA define track limits as the white lines on the edge of the track? As long as you have some part of the car on or over the track surface you are considered on the track? This is not hard to do from a programming perspective. I wish people would stop defending the driver in the video because the OP clearly stated it was about the the track and the game. It would have been any name in the video because who was driving is irrelevant. No one is cheating by using the track limits the game gave them. It's about the game, not the driver.
Sounds to me like you're saying 2 different things in one paragraph.

Interesting logic. But I disagree. Most drivers, including myself don't think about how much can I get away with? We see the line and stay within the limits. So, those who look for how much they can get away with have an unfair advantage. If you continue to use that advantage, I say that's unfair and cheating.
If my employer has pads of paper and pens in a cabinet and I take them because they don't know, there's no penalty for me doing so, according to your logic, that's totally fine and my employers fault. Lol
That's not the same thing. That's stealing, and most employers most certainly do have rules in place about that.

If an employer does not, and in fact is alright with people taking supplies, but has just never, ever stated as such, so most people assume they can't take them, then that's a bit more similar.

This is exploiting a system that Polyphony put in place. It's not bypassing the rules, its running to their limit.

Is it disappointing to race against someone doing that, when you're hoping for a "clean" race? Yes, absolutely, because you're then presented with the option of following their lead to remain competitive, or lose. But race standings don't factor in moral high ground.

Besides, this arguably serves the community long-term: if PD needs to fix the track boundaries, having the Top 10 littered with examples of where the fixes need to happen should, hypothetically, make the job easier.

Your example has no resemblances to this issue. Let's play tennis instead, if the ball is on the line the ball is good. If the car is on the track, even if only with 1 micrometer of the tire, it is ON THE TRACK. And there is no doubt in this game, the game knows very very well where the car is, and where the track is, this thread should be relabeled "are the tracks in GT-Sport to wide?"

There is a reason that formula one drivers walk around the track to learn every last bit of it, and if the players in GT-Sport doesn't do a track walk, they only have themselves to blame.

The lesson here is, learn the track limits and profit.

All this continues to make sim racing in most cases, a farce and give it a bad reputation amongst real drivers and a waste of time IMO.

Lol. Whatever you guys say. All I can say is: Go for it! Drive wherever you want, win!!! Lol
But don't complain when other guys, as it has been clearly shown in videos that others are doing, just wait at the entrance to pit lane until the game registers them automatically in first place. This is fine as well then. But, hey, it's all ok. So have fun!

All this continues to make sim racing in most cases, a farce and give it a bad reputation amongst real drivers and a waste of time IMO.
Exactly. And these guys defending themselves on this thread are a huge part of the problem. So professional! Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
In real racing this would be cheating, correct?

No, in the real world the drivers drive to the track limits set by the stewards/clerk of the course before a race and there are many examples of track limits being set beyond the white lines in real world racing, and these rules will differ in different series at different tracks. To say it is cheating in GTS to not run to the rules set in a real world championship is just like saying it's cheating for touring car drivers not to follow the same track limits as F1 drivers, it's complete nonsense. Just like in the real world drive to the agreed upon track limits and not some arbitrary "moral" standard or some other unrelated set of rules.
This is an FIA game right? Doesn't the FIA define track limits as the white lines on the edge of the track?

I was under the impression that there was no fixed rule set for all FIA series, or even all races in an FIA championship, as mentioned above there are lots of examples where drivers in FIA championships can go all 4 wheels over the white lines. Maybe the general rules for some series follow your definition of FIA track limits, but it really does vary from track to track and even corner to corner.

Hopefully PD made aware of this.

I think I heard the race director is asking for team manager of the yellow BMW to come to his office, it sound like it’s for multiple abuse of track limits.:lol:

Back