Track list (complete)

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 168 comments
They probably, actually can't.

The deal with fantasy tracks is that they are fantasy tracks - They are nowhere near as detailed, road surface wise, as real laser scanned tracks. The road surface of the fantasy tracks is likely completely smooth and faultless, which means puddles will look incredibly unnatural as they follow very large gathering points on the track (like the first 'hairpin' on the Alps track). They simply weren't designed for that kind of stuff.

In order to make the fantasy tracks viable for such weather they'd have to remodel the road surface (and very probably quite a few elevation points) to have more bumps and undulating surfaces, otherwise the rain version would look incredibly artificial which undermines the entire point T10 wants to make with their presentation.

However, no night races does seem like a cop out. The Alps track would look amazing at night i bet.

I can count plenty of points for whater to gather on Fujimi, Prague, or even Camino Viejo. Adding slight dips in the track surface for the water to pool would be pretty simple, when you compare it to the task of actually creating the track from scratch.

I can count plenty of points for whater to gather on Fujimi, Prague, or even Camino Viejo. Adding slight dips in the track surface for the water to pool would be pretty simple, when you compare it to the task of actually creating the track from scratch.

There are enough dips, but those would look very smooth and unnatural. There are also other factors that make it harder to adapt fantasy tracks to that, it's nowhere near as easy as you think to do it and make it look consistent with the other wet laser scanned tracks :)

There are enough dips, but those would look very smooth and unnatural. There are also other factors that make it harder to adapt fantasy tracks to that, it's nowhere near as easy as you think to do it and make it look consistent with the other wet laser scanned tracks :)
I've never looked at a puddle and thought "look how unsmooth that looks".

Is Turn10 planning on adding more track locations as DLC? 22 real track locations sounds good but more tracks are always welcome.

Last edited:
No one knows. It's possible though given their track record. No pun intended.

I was also thinking the other day that the whole wet weather thing isn't so bad when you take into account that it's locations that have it not just set circuits. So with the nurburgring we know that has wet weather but the nordschleife and go circuit are so different it's effectively 2 different tracks. Likewise le mans and bugatti, even the 2 brands hatch layouts to a degree.

The dude in one of those intro videos(super street?) was talking about Japanese mountain roads, one could hope it hints at a possible Fujimi Kaido dlc... ok that's maybe far fetched, but still.

FS7
Is Turn10 planning on adding more track locations as DLC? 22 real track locations sounds good but more tracks are always welcome.
Unlikely, Forza 5 got some because of the lack of them, but Forza 6 has more than ever before in the series. I think they'll hold everything back for Forza 7.

The dude in one of those intro videos(super street?) was talking about Japanese mountain roads, one could hope it hints at a possible Fujimi Kaido dlc... ok that's maybe far fetched, but still.

I don't think thats far-fetched at all. FM5 got free track dlc, but that was because it had very few tracks to being with. However I definitely think they have some planned track wise. Considering its Forza's Ten Year Anniversary, there is a distinct lack of original tracks in the track roster (only 4: Rio, Alps, Prague, Test Track)

It would make a lot of sense now for a Ten Year Track Pack - which would highlight some of T10's best original tracks.
They would have plenty to choose from:

Fujimi Kaido
Maple Valley
Camino Viejo, Iberion, Ladera
New York
Tokyo
Pacific Shipyards
Sedona
Sidewinder Proving Grounds
Rally Di Postiano/Amalfi Coast
Alpine Ring

I've left out Sunset/Blue Mountain as they now have their real life counterparts in FM6. But yeah I would say Fujimi/Maple Valley/Camino would be locks for a Ten Year Track DLC like that, as they are so often requested and would take the least work (along with Sedona) to get up to speed for FM6 as they were on FM4. I would happily pay $20 for a track dlc like that, and I'm hoping T10 bring the goods as they do so often!

Dan why you tease?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174144384&postcount=4488

Tokyo would be absolutely awesome, such a great track.

I wish we would get a highway track based on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. 21 miles long, two mile long tunnels and great water vistas; it used to be one of the top 10 engineering marvels in the world.

6vUoQP8.jpg

LA26gi2.jpg

W08NJ8a.jpg

mNl2Pm5.png

ktdfZlg.jpg

SZBgW7G.jpg

8WA3eUb.jpg

Last edited:
Unlikely, Forza 5 got some because of the lack of them, but Forza 6 has more than ever before in the series. I think they'll hold everything back for Forza 7.
you know what they say, the enemy of good is better.

I can see them adding tracks to the game, since its gonna be a good 2 years before the next one.
the only way I see them "hold everything" like you say on a released game is when the their next forza game will be on microsoft's next console. and even then, I have to put 'everything' in quotes.

personally, and seeing how much fun I have with the rio segment of the demo, I'd really like them to pump a few fantasy tracks on current game and keep real life track additions for the next game.
this would work for me, but in general I am happy overall with their decisions.

the only way I see them "hold everything" like you say on a released game is when the their next forza game will be on microsoft's next console. and even then, I have to put 'everything' in quotes.
For holding back I meant for Forza 7 which will be on Xbox One without doubt, in that case they could say we have 13 new tracks instead of 10 new tracks when Forza 7 PR starts, like if they didn't add Road America, Long Beach and Nur to Forza 5, they could say we have 13 new tracks in Forza 6. Just makes for a better PR statement. But of course I would love to see some new tracks for Forza 6 after launch. Just don't think it's realistic to expect.
As for content future proofing I very much doubt these tracks are ever gonna be thrown out in the future, the layouts are accurate and they're modelled with PBR in mind which means all of them could potentially support night and rain in the future. I think all the tracks will carry over in the future, they will update the graphics here and there, but they'll just keep adding more to the roster. On lastgen they had to tune the lighting for each track/car combo by hand in every version, PBR really removes any need for that and streamlines the process.
And I'm kinda wondering what tracks they could add in the future, it seems like all the key ones are covered. What I'd like to see:
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Motegi
Mugello
Willow Springs
Red Bull Ring
Monaco
A fictional track in Paris/Sydney/London

@SimTourist, how could i forget Monaco...

Honestly, there are two tracks that HAVE to be added at some point or another, Monaco and Suzuka. Anything else is kind of optional tbh ;p

Having enjoyed it in PCars, I'd love to see Cadwell added. Lime Rock gives me that vibe, but it'd be great to have its British counterpart.

Tokyo would be absolutely awesome, such a great track.

I wish we would get a highway track based on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. 21 miles long, two mile long tunnels and great water vistas; it used to be one of the top 10 engineering marvels in the world.

6vUoQP8.jpg

LA26gi2.jpg

W08NJ8a.jpg

mNl2Pm5.png

ktdfZlg.jpg

SZBgW7G.jpg

8WA3eUb.jpg

I once got a ticket crossing it on my way to VA Beach. 56mph when I came out the tunnel. I had to then, drive back down from NY to appear in court. Couldn't pay for the summons over the phone. :indiff:
But, plenty of awesome times driving through to see family.

Nightfall Series at Bugatti Circuit. BAC Mono. Awesome.

Okay, Spa at night is pretty damn awesome in the Mono as well.

Last edited:
Back