Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing
tsatcs logo.jpg

Introduction

The Australian Track Stars Touring Car Series will take place for the first time under an online racing format. The 2014 Championship will take place over 16 Rounds, beginning on September 4 at the Monaco GP Circuit, with the prestigious High Speed Ring 500 on the 18th of September and concluding with traditional rounds at Bathurst and Special Stage Route 5 to conclude the series on the 11th and 18th of December. Alfa Romeo, BMW, Mercedes Benz and Opel will all cars will all take part in the series with teams of a maximum of 3 drivers bringing the field to an expected 12 cars. If capacity is reached, the option remains available to allow Wildcard entries into the series for some races.

Calendar

2014 Touring Car Calendar.jpg

Car Specifications

Specs pic.jpg

Car Tuning is permitted as long as the competitor complies with the power and weight specifications outlined.

Driver Entries

Entry is open to anyone who can make the scheduled time.
To enter please post in this thread, GTPlanet Username/PSN ID/ Selected Car
As the room settings will be 'Friends Only' Please ensure you have sent a friend request to PSN ID 'ItzRacing'

Competitors listed below: GTPlanet Username / PSN ID / Team

Alfa Romeo

1- MTLA1984 / MTLA1984 / Takada Motorsport

2- bencrow_ / bencrow-/ Takada Motorsport

3- Aaron Keynes / Plugga_Keynesy / Team Keynesy

BMW

1- Nosoks / Nosoks / BMW Motorsport

2- ADDZ_074 / ADDZ_074 / BMW Motorsport

3- erracht2 / erracht2 / BMW Motorsport

Mercedes-Benz

1- NW48/ Ninth_wonder48 / Mercedes-Benz Motorsport

2- Smiley87 / Smiley-87 / TBC

3-

Opel

1- ItzRacing / ItzRacing / Opel Team Itz Racing

2- Fullgas62 / Fullgas62 / Opel Team Itz Racing

3- Evilss / Killing-Heidi / Opel Team Itz Racing

Reserves/Wildcards

VENDALISM / VENDALISM / Sexy Time Racing Team - Mercedes Benz
nasanu / nasanu / Sexy Time Racing Team - Mercedes Benz

Point System

Postion/3 Race Weekend/1 Race Weekend

1/40/120

2/34/102

3/29/87

4/24/72

5/20/60

6/16/48

7/14/42

8/12/36

9/10/30

10/8/24

11/6/18

12/5/15

13/4/12

14/3/9

15/2/6

16/1/3

Fastest Qualifier – 1 Point

Fastest Lap – 1 Point

Lead a Lap – 1 Point

Most Laps Lead – 1 Point

Grand Slam (Pole, Win all races, Fastest Lap, Most Laps Led) – 1 Point

Regulations

Qualifier Settings

Race Format: Race Together

Start Type: Pit Start

Time Limit: 10 minutes

Race Settings

Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check

Boost: off

Penalty: None

Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal

Grip Reduction: Real

Visible Damage: On

Mechanical Damage: Off

Slipstream Strength: Real

Driving Options

Skid Recovery: Prohibited

Active Steering: Prohibited

ASM: Prohibited

Driving Line: Available (I personally drive better without it there anyway)

Traction Control: Available

ABS: Available

Tyres: No Limit (Racing Soft Recommended)

Regulations are subject to changes and will vary on the track. If changes are made they will be outlined in the drivers briefing before each round.

Racing Rules

Contact

As this is a Touring Car series and damage will be turned off to make the series more enjoyable, we will allow minor rubbing and some banging and as long as no one is disadvantaged we will let it go. If someone is forced off the track / into a wall / spun out or caused to lose more than 1 position due to contact then it will be investigated and penalties will be applied as necessary.

Pit Entries/Exits

When entering and exiting the pit lane, drivers must observe any white line or grassed areas which separate the Entry/Exit of Pit Lane and the race track. 10 Second Penalty will be applied for drivers crossing any white lines or grassed areas when leaving or rejoining the circuit.

Corner Cutting

Driver must respect the track limits at all times during qualifying and racing. Drivers cutting corners and gaining any positions or a significant amount of time without readdressing during racing while be penalized with either a time penalty or demotion of positions. During Qualifying it is expected that drivers are capable of self policing their corner cutting and if they do gain an advantage, they back off during that lap. Generally, the track limits will be a maximum of 2 wheels on the grass or on the inside of the track.

Jump Starts

Drivers must be aware that a grid start with false start check will be used at the beginning of race and that if the brakes are not kept on you will receive a 5 second penalty as soon as the race begins.

Race Nights

7:30pm Room Opens/Practice Begins
7:50pm All cars to the circuit to be specification checked
8:00pm Qualifying Begins
8:10pm Racing Begins

If there are multiple races, you will be allowed to make any setup changes between races. There will be a 10 minute break between races and cars have to be entered before the end of the 10 minutes to allow for spec checking.

Grid positions for Races 2 and 3 will be set on previous race results.

Last edited:
Australian Track Stars Touring Car Championship Hall of Fame

With thanks to a good imagination as a kid, the Australian Track Stars Touring Car Championship has been running as a toy car championship until 2007 when races were run on the playstation with myself against AI drivers. 2014 will be the first season were online racing will be the format for the Championship. As a result, some drivers names have been altered to fictional usernames in the interests of protecting their identity.

Series Champions

1999 Park_93

2000 ItzRacing

2001 ItzRacing

2002 ItzRacing

2003 Raglr-25

2004 ItzRacing

2005 ItzRacing

2006 ItzRacing

2007 ItzRacing

2008 ItzRacing

2009 Asci_1

2010 ItzRacing

2011 ItzRacing

2012 ItzRacing

2013 ItzRacing

2014 Mtla1984

Last edited:
Good to have you aboard Steve. The Merc is yours, just make sure you send a FR to me before the series begins if you havent already.

Thanks for making the racing line available it just helps to see if there's a blind corner coming up with fast chicanes. :)

No problem, I personally drive better without it, so it's not a big issue for me if people want to use it. :)

Put me down for a 190 E :)

Good to have you on board @nasanu the 2nd Merc is yours. I do have to mention that for the High Speed Ring 500 the Merc will need to be reduced to 376hp otherwise it will be a second and a half faster than the other 3 cars. For this race the slowest car wont even be a tenth slower than the fastest car.

Can I go in the Alfa Romeon 155 thanks.

The Alfa is all yours, I was actually starting to wonder if everyone thought that car had a bad smell or something! :P

With Vendal taking the Mercedes 190 E this now means that all positions for the Mercedes Benz team has now been filled. At this stage there is still one space remaining for the BMW team, while the Alfa Romeo and Opel teams both have 2 spaces available.

So i've now got an extra 2 weeks cleared up on my schedule which will leave me with a few options.

1) We stick to the existing schedule as it is.

2) We add an extra 2 rounds beginning on September 4 and we can run the qualifying for the High Speed Ring 500 immediately after round 2

3) We only add one more round beginning September 4 and run a night to do qualifying for the High Speed 500 a week later.

Please inform me which you prefer and also 3,2 and 1 vote for tracks you would like to see included (Nothing more than 7km long)

For the record im voting for option 2, and my 3, 2, 1 is Cote d'Azur, Deep Forrest and Autumn Ring

Last edited:
Hi Itz, I'll join you in the Opel mate, I think i've already got one? Hahahahahaa . . . looking foward to it!

No worries Fullgas, good to have you join us and become my team mate. I was starting to become lonely there!

So i've now got an extra 2 weeks cleared up on my schedule which will leave me with a few options.

1) We stick to the existing schedule as it is.

2) We add an extra 2 rounds beginning on September 4 and we can run the qualifying for the High Speed Ring 500 immediately after round 2

3) We only add one more round beginning September 4 and run a night to do qualifying for the High Speed 500 a week later.

Please inform me which you prefer and also 3,2 and 1 vote for tracks you would like to see included (Nothing more than 7km long)

For the record im voting for option 2, and my 3, 2, 1 is Cote d'Azur, Deep Forrest and Autumn Ring

Hey Itz,

I second that... :gtpflag:

I tested around about 7 different track and some cars can be a bit quicker than others around some tracks and then next track they will be slower, so it can all depend which track you have chosen as to the results you get, generally it will all work out evenly at the end of the day :)

Back