Track Stars Touring Car Series - Series Finished - Mtla1984 is the ChampionFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 841 comments
Thanks Nasanu, I've sent him a message just to confirm so I will wait to hear back from him to avoid confusion :) Are you still racing Nasanu?

Cool, glad you are still with us @nasanu. Did get confirmation from Vendal that he won't be racing at the start of the series. However I will allow him in if he wishes and he can race the Merc due to the situation he has.

@Mtla1984 Yes we do have one spot left for the Alfa, its all yours, unless you want to take a Mercedes! Will just need a psn friend request from you before Thursday night.

@NW48 No I dont have a room going yet, im pulling my hair out trying to find where im putting all the stuff i bought, and i havent even thought about finiding room for all the shirts i bought! Once i sort myself out ill see if i have time for a room :)

I'll have the drivers briefing up soon as well!

Cool, glad you are still with us @nasanu. Did get confirmation from Vendal that he won't be racing at the start of the series. However I will allow him in if he wishes and he can race the Merc due to the situation he has.

@Mtla1984 Yes we do have one spot left for the Alfa, its all yours, unless you want to take a Mercedes! Will just need a psn friend request from you before Thursday night.

@NW48 No I dont have a room going yet, im pulling my hair out trying to find where im putting all the stuff i bought, and i havent even thought about finiding room for all the shirts i bought! Once i sort myself out ill see if i have time for a room :)

I'll have the drivers briefing up soon as well!
Cool, give me a heads up when you have the room up so I can join you straight away. I need some practice!

Yeah I need it too! I have now uncovered the extent of the updates that have occured in the last month, this could take a while...

Drivers Briefing Round 1

Hello and welcome to the Track Stars Touring Car Series. I would like to thank everyone for coming on board and being part of what will hopefully become a very successful series. For the first run I will be going over a couple of the rules outlined in the Introduction so everyone is familiar with them before next Thursday.

monaco.jpg

Circuit: Cote d'Azur (Monaco GP)
Laps: 3x 9 Lap Races
Circuit Time: Race 1: N/A, Race 2: N/A, Race 3: N/A
Weather: Race 1: N/A, Race 2: N/A, Race 3: N/A

Race Format / Qualifying / Races

For this round we will be following the Sprint Race Format of 3 Races of a length of 30km.

The room opens at 7:30pm ACST with Practice allowed until the Spec Checking Takes place at 7:50pm.

Once all drivers have entered the Track and Spec Checking is complete, a 10 minute qualifying session will commence.

Once Qualifying has finished you may complete your current lap before the race begins, Race 1 will automatically begin following Qualifying.

At the conclusion of race 1, we will take a 10 minute break where you can make any setup changes you wish prior to race 2. However, All cars must be cleared to race before the 10 minute break is over. The same will apply for race 3.

Grid positions for races 2 and 3 will be decided on race results from previous race.

Collisions

As it is a Touring Car Series, I'm happy to overlook rubbing and bumping as long any drivers don't lose more than 1 position. If someone is spun out or has been caused to lose more than 1 spot then I will look into it and see if any penalties will be necessary.

Disconnections

Should anyone disconnect during Qualifying, they will be permitted to return to the room and take part in race 1 from the back of the grid. All drivers will disconnect and enter the circuit in free run mode, lining up in order of qualifying positions with any disconnected driver lining up behind these cars. The race will then be set to start with all drivers remaining stationary until the race begins. Drivers disconnecting in race 1 or 2 can rejoin races 2 and 3, starting from the rear of field.

Pit Entries

Pit Stops during the race should not be required. They may however take place during Qualifying. While there are no lines defining pit entry and exit. We do ask that drivers stick to the inside of the race track when entering pit lane. When exiting pit lane we ask that you only move to the left hand side of the race track if it will not hinder the progress of any drivers.

Barriers

Some series have rules on running into barriers, however I am yet to see anyone ever gain time out of hitting a wall so there will be no penalties for barrier collisions.

Corner Cutting

The main area for concern is the Nouvelle Chicane (the one after the tunnel) As long as 2 wheels are on the racing surface itself (Kerbs not included) then you are fine. If you have 4 wheels off the racing surface during qualifying then I ask that drivers self police and back off for a couple seconds. Corner cutting will be monitored in the race replay and excessing corner cutting will see a ten second penalty handed out.

Good Luck to everyone taking part. I look forward to racing against you all on Thursday Night.

Oh fudge... I just realised I won't be able to make this race as I'll be on the coast for a race meeting. I will however be able to make the week after. I'm pretty disappointed but karting comes first for me. Looking forward to racing you's in a few weeks!

Oh fudge... I just realised I won't be able to make this race as I'll be on the coast for a race meeting. I will however be able to make the week after. I'm pretty disappointed but karting comes first for me. Looking forward to racing you's in a few weeks!

No problems, I'll see you the next week then, just make sure you make qualifying for the 500! :)

will stick with the alfa thanks mate! also will send you a friend request when i get home tomorrow, cant wait for this to start!

will stick with the alfa thanks mate! also will send you a friend request when i get home tomorrow, cant wait for this to start!

No problems, its good to have you on board. Now the drivers briefing is up, even my excitement is beginning to build!

i just re read the entire intro and noticed i chose a team name, discard it!, i did not realize they were not individually personalized so please allow the other guys to chose the name! (mine was just a personal joke with my bro!) thanks!

I'm iffy for this week as we may be out of town. Had a good practice with 9th the other day though so hope we will be back or better yet not go haha

i just re read the entire intro and noticed i chose a team name, discard it!, i did not realize they were not individually personalized so please allow the other guys to chose the name! (mine was just a personal joke with my bro!) thanks!

You are still welcome to use it as it is up to each entrant as to whether they come up with their own team name or join forces with competitors from the same make to have the same team name. As you are the only Alfa driver who's decided on a team name anyway you are more than welcome to use it :)

I'm iffy for this week as we may be out of town. Had a good practice with 9th the other day though so hope we will be back or better yet not go haha

No problems Nosoks, will be good to have you join us if you can make it. If not I completely understand as we all have lives outside of GT

You are still welcome to use it as it is up to each entrant as to whether they come up with their own team name or join forces with competitors from the same make to have the same team name. As you are the only Alfa driver who's decided on a team name anyway you are more than welcome to use it :)

oh thats great!, i will keep Takada Motosports in that case! :)

If any of the Alfa boys want to share the same banner they are more than welcome

Last edited:
Less than 48 Hours to go guys!

I'm running some practice now tonight for anyone wishing to join in. I will also run some practice straight after the Australian GT race tomorrow night.

no probs, just got a new wheel that im getting used to, am a few secs off my normal pace but starting to come to grips with it so def after prac, will see you there if you are still up for it after your race. good luck!

GOOD NEWS!!!! I may be able to attend tomorrow's race if I don't leave to Rockhampton which doesn't look very likely at this point. However there still is a chance I won't be able to make it either.

No worries hopefully you or Nosoks make it so we can have at least 1 cars from each make. If you both make it even better!

Yeah Addz told his boss he was available to work tomorrow night before realising that this was on. He is going to try to make whatever races he can tomorrow night, but he probably won't be there for some of it.

Ok, I'm hoping to be there to fly the BMW Motorsports flag for all the races, but I would love to see all 3 of us there for at least 1 race but hey, if ADDZ can't make it due to work commitments, that's more than fine by me!

I will be at tonights race since I'm not leaving after all. However, I'll have to leave at around 10:30pm AEST (10:00pm ACST). Anyway, BMW Motorsports is ready to finally kick off this fantastic series!

Back