Tracks you miss from old GT games.

• Thread starter viper684
  • 40 comments
I keep seeing threads about favorite track in GT4 or most hated track in GT4. Well how about this....Are there any tracks you miss from old GT games? I personally think they should bring back Grindelwald from GT2. That track was great and I think would be even better in GT4 or GT5. I also think they should have kept the track from GT2 which you race on during evening hours and the sun was setting giving the whole track a red tint...I can't remember the name of it though. This is just my opinion. What's yours?

Grindelwald. An old-looking circuit in the Swiss Alps from GT2. It looks a lot like Bremgarten actually, the famous Swiss Grand Prix circuit. It's a small circuit, but with old-style corners and straights that aren't quite straight. I used to run thousands of laps there in the Stratos and Europa; a unique challenge.

Red Rock Valley was nice as well. It was basicly a super version of High Speed Ring; long straights, high banked corners.

Grand Prix
Grindelwald. An old-looking circuit in the Swiss Alps from GT2. It looks a lot like Bremgarten actually, the famous Swiss Grand Prix circuit. It's a small circuit, but with old-style corners and straights that aren't quite straight. I used to run thousands of laps there in the Stratos and Europa; a unique challenge.

Red Rock Valley was nice as well. It was basicly a super version of High Speed Ring; long straights, high banked corners.

Red Rock Valley...thats what I thought it was called but for some reason NFS3 kept coming to mind. I used to love driving an XJ220 around that track and a '67 XR-7 through Grindelwald...I hope they make it into GT5 or at least a similar track.

i think that they should keep all the tracks, and update every game, so that all the tracks form GT1 are in GT2, and all GT2 tracks are in GT3, and so on, do you agree?

High Speed Ring (The GT4 version is hideously boring)
Deep Forest (I'm sure it was tighter in the older GTs)
Grand Valley (GT4 version is boring)
Route R11 (GT1 version, I hated it but without it there, it leaves an emptiness :lol: )
Red Rock Speedway (Banked corners made it fun)
Grindewald (Like a hill climb event)

I wish they would stop trying to make the 'original' tracks more realistic, they are fantasy tracks so make them interesting! There were already plenty of real tracks in GT4 :(

Bring back all the courses especially Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald and Rome Night. The smaller Test Course would be great too, that 6 mile junk from GT3 just pisses me off. Rome shourt Course was pretty good as well, Seattle short too.

1. Pikes Peak Hill Climb - from GT2
2. Rome Circuit
3. Complex String
4. Smokey Mountain
5. Grindelwald - from GT2
6. Wet Special Stage Route 5

I also would like to see next tracks in GT5
- Spa-Francorchamps
- Silverstone
- old Monza (like in Grand Prix Legends)
- Phoenix - F1-track from early 90's
- Zandvoort
- Old Hockenheim
- Bonneville Salt Flats (for topspeed)
- Monte Carlo Rally Special Stages
- Montreal F1-track

Just about every track that has dissapeared or was cut out since GT2 and 3. Red Rock, Grindelwald (loved that track), Special Stage route 11 (the GT1/2 and GT3 versions), Rome (becuase it tested your ability to learn the track and not so much on just sight), Rome Night, they were all good.

Red Rock becuase it was high High Speed ring but at evening/morning, and it was just... excellent. Grindelwald because it's a nice track with some tight corners and some good strait. SSR11 becuase I have a thing for city routes, same for Rome, it seamed like some people hate it, I loved it a lot, it tests your ability to memorize a course layout, which is not too hard in my opinion. Rome night was the same case.

And any other road I can't think of right now since GT2. I hope they bring them back for GT5... but we'll have to see.

Till later.

Why does everyone keep referring to SSR11, the first time i saw that course was in GT3, GT2 only had SS R5. I think you guys are confusing the numbers, the short version was the Clubman stage.

SavageEvil
Why does everyone keep referring to SSR11, the first time i saw that course was in GT3, GT2 only had SS R5. I think you guys are confusing the numbers, the short version was the Clubman stage.

Wrong...GT1 had SSR11. With some real nasty roadworks right in the middle of it. I hate the new version. Especially after spending hours getting used to the old one so much that I started to like it after a while.

I hate to sound repetitive, but just about all of the past tracks from GT1, GT2, and GT3 would have been nice additions to GT4.

Smokey Mountain (one of the only rally tracks where you could hit top speed)
Green Forest Raceway (another GT2 high-speed rally track with tight, but wide turns)
Tahiti Route 3 (you could get a great rhythm around the ess-bends)
Pike's Peak (was I the only one who liked the "mini" version of this hillclimb?)

Tahiti Road (only one slow corner, great elevation changes)
Rome Night (challenging GT2 track, but a lot of fun)
Rome Circuit (I never realized other people missed this track until it left...)
Red Rock Valley (equal left and right high-banked corners, lots of fun)
Grindelwald (tough, but beautiful and fun even without a lot of power)
SSR11 (I hated the GT1 track until I ran the 30-lap enduro back in January...much better than the GT3 version's numerous hairpins)

Complex String

A great test-track, and boy did I test there. I shudder to think how many laps, miles and hours I spent on that track in various cars... :scared: :D

Red Rock Valley, reverse was my favorite test track in GT2.
Complex String, let me race on this beast of a track!!
Rome Route 11 Night, fun track with elevation changes and the three left turn apex.

ferrari_chris
Complex String

I used it primarily for drifting only... it was fun at the time. :dopey:

I don't know if I miss it as much anymore since I grew out of drifting a long time ago but I do miss Red Rock Valley and Grindelwald (can't really remember it though).

ferrari_chris
Complex String

A great test-track, and boy did I test there. I shudder to think how many laps, miles and hours I spent on that track in various cars... :scared: :D

I almost forgot about that track. I thought it was rather long, then again it was. I used that for a test track, not to mention trying out drifting as well. I can't complain about it's lengh given we have Nurburing, although I would have liked to take some cars around in GT4 on that track... so much fun.
Till later.

I really miss the Complex String (if only because it was pure punishment to get a clean lap there) and Grindelwald... but since they put in the Nurburgring, which, gamewise, is more interesting than Grindelwald and longer than the String, I'm not complaining that much.

Do miss chucking street cars through the hairpins in the village (Grindelwald), though. It's one thing I was sad to see gone in GT3.

viper684
I personally think they should bring back Grindelwald from GT2.

Grindelald was a pretty kewl track, there was a flip flop section that i used to fang my pajero mini around, lifting the back tyre.. Those where definantly fun times. Although i can lift the wheels in gt4.. its just not the same... :lol:

Grindelwald would be fun to drive on with the GT4 physics, lots of uneven corners & twisty bits.

Rome Night was one of my favourites, it had a very distinct feel to it and was reasonably challenging. Some very nice long bends for drifting in it and a couple of killer hairpins.

Redrock was nice and fast but it never really did much for me, too repetitive. However it was a very good track for 2-player racing.

What I probably liked best about the old SSR11 were the camera angles in the replays. You know, those still shots when you went through the chicanes. It was that kind of stuff that first made me "ooh" and "ahh" at GT.
Rome-Night would've been a sweet comeback in GT4.
Personally, I have a feeling we'll see Grindelwald again in the future.

i scored some amazing times on redrock valley with the escudo, you barely had to brake at all..lol.. because of its steeply raked turns and the escudos awe inspiring downforce levels.

Answer should be - all of them. Every original track was a masterpiece. Old SS, Romes (short, long, night), GW, CS, RRW, ML, all rally, name it, they're missed.

Also miss different daytime-settings on reverse tracks, as seen in GT3. Hope some kind of MagicWeather option will be a standard in GT5 an future on.

Grindelwald-R.jpeg

Long Live Grindelwald!

Grindelwald. Would look amazing with PS2 graphics. I rather like twisty, old-style circuits such as this one.

Rome Night. Don't remember driving here much, but it was a good track.

Red Rock Valley. Was fun in powerful cars. Exciting cornering at high speed.

Motorsports Land. The original one. Nice go-kart circuit which made even slowest cars fun.

Greycap
Is it just me or is that the Reverse version of the track? I thought it would be run in the other direction...

I think so becuase I recall going in a general counter clockwise loop going foward, could be wrong about it though, but I think so.

I don't know about the clockwise thing, but the hairpin after the (quite) straight section was to the left, not to the right.

Back