Trail Braking in Gran Turismo sport.

• Thread starter Amon
  • 31 comments
Those are anomalies, and when it comes down to it, the very very top are on wheels and they have a advantage over the DS4 with tire wear. While they can certainly compete at the higher levels, they are def at a disadvantage.

I have seen DS4 users manage tyre wear better than other WT finalists while on race winning pace. To me that says it is more about technique and less about the tools. But I won't argue this any longer.

And when they are in the world finals, what is their preference......wheel, for obvious reasons. When you reach that very top, every little advantage helps wether it be a wheel or a load cell.

You have to use the provided wheel at World Tours and finals, competitors are not given a choice.

I have seen DS4 users manage tyre wear better than other WT finalists while on race winning pace. To me that says it is more about technique and less about the tools. But I won't argue this any longer.

Again. You missed the point.

The TOP TOP guys are on wheels for a reason. Who consistently wins at the very top. Wheel users.

The wheel is superior, that’s simply a fact. Sure there are anomalies who can do very very well with a DS4, but at the end of the day the very very top is dominated by wheel users. There is much finer input control with a wheel vs DS4. Some tracks/cars it’s not a huge issue, others it’s a big issue. Bottom line is the wheel is consistently superior to the DS4.

Do you see any top Iracing, Rfactor guys winning at the very top with gamepads? No.

You’re trying to use anecdotal anomalies to make your case. That’s not how it works.

You have to use the provided wheel at World Tours and finals, competitors are not given a choice.

True, and I take issue with requiring each player to use a wheel/setup different to what they normally use, especially since they are using blah setups with no load cell. But ultimately a DS4 isn’t realistic. And if the goal is to find the top drivers.....kinda need a wheel. But even if given the option, I doubt any of the WT finalists would run a DS4, I HIGHLY doubt that.

Back