Transfer data R2 to R3

  • Thread starter Thread starter stan1916
  • 5 comments
  • 709 views
Messages
2
Messages
stan1916
hi, i've purchased the 1st copy of GT5, which is under R2.
Apparently i encounter a lot of network incompatibility.
Planning to get R3 CD.
Anyway to copy the data from R2 to R3?
 
... What..?
 
He means Region 2 and Region 3. He also means, "any way" not "anyway".

I've had no experience with using different discs from different regions, but I would expect the data to not be compatible. The reason that they have regional games and movies is to avoid illegal copying and distributing.

You might find that the other disc might not even work on the system that you have. Most likely the data itself is locked to the R2 disc and is incompatible with the R3 disc.
 
I see.. well Saved Data is region locked if I remember correctly.

So.. no?
 
yes i've bought the 1st version of GT5 once launched, unfortunately its R2.
Bought some DLC online and it only recognize R1/R3, that really sux.
Seriously no way to copy at all?
 
Sorry pal.
 
Back