Transfer failed...

• Thread starter Pfrose6
  • 38 comments
United States
United States
Bimmer621
I've created a few tracks the past couple days and transferred them without issue. But all day today I get a transfer failed message on my iPad. Anybody else getting this today??

If anyone can help I've got Midohio, VIR, and Istanbul park to share

I've created a few tracks the past couple days and transferred them without issue. But all day today I get a transfer failed message on my iPad. Anybody else getting this today??

If anyone can help I've got Midohio, VIR, and Istanbul park to share
Are you signed into PSN?

Yes signs in no problem. Just doesn't transfer.. Worked fine past few days
Hmm. Not sure what it could be, then.

Also, whenever you reply to someone, you should hit the "Reply" button on their post. When you save your reply, it gives them an alert to let them know that you've replied so they don't have to check back every so often. It also generates a quote at the top of your comment so people can follow the conversation more easily.

I get the same, transferred one track up, then following day all the following ones, constant "transfer failed" error. logged into psn on the ipad, closed the app, started again, selected track, watched the app sign into psn, push the button...."transfer failed".

Signing out of PSN then signing in again seemed to fix the problem for me
Not for me unf. Keep trying different things, clearing the safari cache, hard-start the pad, nothing so far. Lots of others having issue, there is another thread on this. I need to find out if wiping the app and re-installing destroys the track data.
I'm on Ios 7.1.2

"Transfer failed" issue also. Already tried the log out and log back in with no luck.

It's working for me now. Didn't do nothing special.

Last edited:
I uninstalled, lost my tracks, but after re-installing, transferred 1st re-created one ok. Yet to try it a second time though...

What I did was start the app, log in, log out log back in after entering the email and password, then it should work

As soon as I try to transfer a track, the PSN sign in screen just freez!!
Tryed everything from sign out->in. Un-install->install app.
Deleted already made courses and made new ones.
Nothing helps!

As soon as I try to transfer a track, the PSN sign in screen just freez!!
Tryed everything from sign out->in. Un-install->install app.
Deleted already made courses and made new ones.
Nothing helps!

It does the same for me. Must be a glitch in the APP. But I sign out then in again... It freezes but after a few minutes...it let's me sign in and all is fixed.

I'm sorry if I come a cross as slow.
But I don't understand at all.
"Freeze the app"?

If you have a ROOTED Android tablet, you can install "Titanium BackUp Pro" (App) which can "freeze" other Apps, so they cannot become active and make Problems (like the one we talk about here).
If your Android tablet is not rooted, you can still elect to UNINSTALL the Play Station-App (you can install it later on at any given time).

I'm sorry if I come a cross as slow.
But I don't understand at all.
"Freeze the app"?
@Denilson
With a rooted device or with BlueStacks which comes rooted, install Titanium Backup, this app allows to backup your apps and their data. It also allows to "freeze" an app much like an uninstall but it still resides on the device just frozen from use till you thaw it out again with Titanium Backup. Titanium Backup is a terrific tool and the primary reason I root all my devices.

If you have a ROOTED Android tablet, you can install "Titanium BackUp Pro" (App) which can "freeze" other Apps, so they cannot become active and make Problems (like the one we talk about here).
If your Android tablet is not rooted, you can still elect to UNINSTALL the Play Station-App (you can install it later on at any given time).

I'm on an iPad.
First transfer was successful, but have'nt been able to transfer a course during the last couple of days.
The message "Transfer failed" keep on popping up.
No solution in sight.

@Denilson
With a rooted device or with BlueStacks which comes rooted, install Titanium Backup, this app allows to backup your apps and their data. It also allows to "freeze" an app much like an uninstall but it still resides on the device just frozen from use till you thaw it out again with Titanium Backup. Titanium Backup is a terrific tool and the primary reason I root all my devices.

Are you sure simply stopping the PSN app/killing its process won't be enough? I haven't encountered issues yet so I can't try, just wondering.

if the app freezes, close out, then try again

Basically

Log out
Close app
Reopen app

after that, you should be able to transfer tracks, keep in mind though that you have to do this about every day you want tracks.

This has happened to me on the iPad, just doing this process seems to work though

Last edited:
Mine isn't freezing, it just won't transfer anything. It worked fine for the first few days but now, it never works, none of the methods mentioned above do anything either. I thought that maybe the track had too much geometry or something so I tried again with an oval, nothing gets transfered.

There's also not much info on the issue, the app itself doesn't provide any useful information as to why this is happening.

Mine isn't freezing, it just won't transfer anything. It worked fine for the first few days but now, it never works, none of the methods mentioned above do anything either. I thought that maybe the track had too much geometry or something so I tried again with an oval, nothing gets transfered.

There's also not much info on the issue, the app itself doesn't provide any useful information as to why this is happening.

I solved this problem with a trick I learned from SCClockDr :
If you have an Android tablet with root and Titanium BackUp Root installed, AND you have the PSN-App installed too, then you can "freeze" the PSN-App with Titanium. After that, all should be fine again (as in my case). If you don't have Root or Titanium, just uninstall the PSN-App.

I finished a map of the pre-war Reims circuit on my iPad and tried unsuccessfully to transfer it for the better part of a day. It's been more than 24 hours and I still haven't been able to transfer, which is annoying because I'm quite proud of this track. I managed to get the length down to the exact meter and really want to try it out. I've tried completely shutting down my iPad, the PS3 and even the router and restarting them all, but nothing is working.

Back