Transfering GTPSP game saves on 3000 to Go

• Thread starter bunta7
  • 7 comments
Just wondering if i can transfer my GT game saves including ghosts and replays from my PSP 3000 to a PSP Go...

Thinkin about getting a Go, but i really dont want to start all over again.:yuck:

You can transfer them, but the the save file itself is locked to the original PSP it was saved on. So for your game progress, you will have to start fresh. The one advantage you do have is that you can then share your garage from your PSP3000 to your PSPGo so you will retain most of the cars. If you quickly raise some money, find a cheap tradable car you can buy multiple of and you can get the rest of the cars that you couldn't share between games, leaving you with only having to do the challenges again and upping the circuits to S rank.

^ Untrue. The save files are located on your memory stick in the folder PSP > SAVEDATA. Copy that folder onto a PC, then onto your Go. Simple as that.
Except it's not that simple. ALL your save files for every game will be in that folder, if you want GT you'll have to find which one it is. Each folder has an image from the game in there, so you'll just have to search them all.

^ Untrue. The save files are located on your memory stick in the folder PSP > SAVEDATA. Copy that folder onto a PC, then onto your Go. Simple as that.
Except it's not that simple. ALL your save files for every game will be in that folder, if you want GT you'll have to find which one it is. Each folder has an image from the game in there, so you'll just have to search them all.

Sorry, but you are incorrect in regards to Gran Turismo. Yes the save file is there but you can't copy it from one psp to another and have it be recognized by the game. Sony is encrypting a unique system id into each file that only allows the PSP that created the save file to load it.

I tried this with my PSP 1000 to PSP Go. PSP Go would not load the file, it even gave a message saying that the save file was incompatible.

On the bright side if you have two PSP's like I do then you can make tons of money quickly.

Setup an adhoc race between both systems, select test course, proffesional race, enable AI drivers, and run the races in B Spec mode. All you have to do to continue between races is hit the x button. You can easily make 20 million in a few hours on each PSP.

Woah, really? Since when? I remember sharing files in MHFU...That's very annoying, it really is. It's also sort of pointless. :\

Last edited:
Woah, really? Since when? I remember sharing files in MHFU...That's very annoying, it really is. It's also sort of pointless. :\

Only certain games, Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection was the last game I remember that I couldn't copy save files from one PSP to the next. Then now on GT PSP. Same with PS3, the odd time you will find a Save file thats locked or is only recognized by one PS3, like Killzone 2, Motorstorm 2 (at least until the patch came) and most EA games....Pain in the neck really.

I wouldn't say something is "untrue" unless you know for SURE. As what you say IS what is "untrue".

You can copy the save game to your PC and do whatever you want to it, its not going to load on any other PSP.

Believe me its been tried, and methods used to decode other save game files that have worked in the past, fail on the GT PSP save game.

Well as far as I know I was sure. Every single game I've played on my PSP, since the 2004 launch, has allowed me to fiddle with SAVEDATA as much as I want. I've never encountered a single problem with it. I was as sure as I could possibly be. I mean, you can be sure about anything, and it can still change on you before you know about it.

Back