Votes: 207 49.5%
  • 3 (Male, Female and Intersex)

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • More than 3

Votes: 50 12.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 143 34.2%

• Total voters
I think its often good for a relationship to reveal something like that as early as possible but I don't think we should consider disgust a normal human reaction to someone who is trans.

On a related note, I was talking to a trans girl in our group of friends over Christmas and completely out of the blue she just stood up and triumphantly announced "I think I'm going to keep my dick" :lol:

But does she indentify as a woman or a man? What is the reason she decided to keep her penis?

I also know trans men who want to keep their vagina, because the surgery is quite hefty and because they like it.
You don't have to define your person through your genitals.

Recovery time for "bottom surgery" as it's known can be up to a year. And obviously it sterilises you and you can lose the ability to orgasm.

I understand some trans women want a man.
But isn't it rude running around looking like a woman advertising yourself as a woman and then the clothes come off the man is like WTF!!!
Clothes hide a lot. I remember an episode of Jerry Springer where a dyke was wearing a strap-on to perform sex. I don't recall how but her girl found out. I don't think I need to tell y'all the rest.
I'm not saying all the LGBT community need to be up front.
I'd be pissed if I wasted 6 months of my life trying to get what I thought was a woman to turn out to be a man when the pants come off.
And before anyone asks, I couldn't get past the fact she was a man. No matter how attracted I may have been.
That's like selling me a cat that looks like a dog and telling me it's a Shahitzu.
But what's worse is I'd be labeled a transphobe if I turned "her" down after finding out the truth!
I know I've said I don't want to be approached and asked if I'm gay, but I'd have a lot more respect for the person if they kept it real from the get go, even if I'd never be interested.

I understand some trans women want a man.
But isn't it rude running around looking like a woman advertising yourself as a woman and then the clothes come off the man is like WTF!!!
Clothes hide a lot. I remember an episode of Jerry Springer where a dyke was wearing a strap-on to perform sex. I don't recall how but her girl found out. I don't think I need to tell y'all the rest.
I'm not saying all the LGBT community need to be up front.
I'd be pissed if I wasted 6 months of my life trying to get what I thought was a woman to turn out to be a man when the pants come off.
And before anyone asks, I couldn't get past the fact she was a man. No matter how attracted I may have been.
That's like selling me a cat that looks like a dog and telling me it's a Shahitzu.
But what's worse is I'd be labeled a transphobe if I turned "her" down after finding out the truth!
I know I've said I don't want to be approached and asked if I'm gay, but I'd have a lot more respect for the person if they kept it real from the get go, even if I'd never be interested.

Least surprising post ever.

I also know trans men who want to keep their vagina, because the surgery is quite hefty and because they like it.
You don't have to define your person through your genitals.

Oh, so we can actually agree on a point. I thought this will never happen. In a really free society you can do anything you want with yourself, including harming yourself if you want and define yourself as any gender you can imagine of.

To be honest, using the word "dyke" as a hetero-cis and using quotation marks on the correct pronoun, is even more showing than the actual point.

"Using the word "dyke" as a hetero-cis" is a sexist term, sorry. I agree that dyke is a bad word to describe them, but this is also the case with the "n" word regarding to black people or the "f" word regarding to homosexual people, regardless of race or gender.

"Using the word "dyke" as a hetero-cis" is a sexist term, sorry. I agree that dyke is a bad word to describe them, but this is also the case with the "n" word or the "f" word regarding to homosexual people, regardless of race or gender.
I don't quite get your point here, could you elaborate it more?
Sorry I'm tired and wanna avoid a misunderstanding.

I don't quite get your point here, could you elaborate it more?
Sorry I'm tired and wanna avoid a misunderstanding.

If he was a transgender man and used the term "dyke" describing herself (or himself? I'm not so sure right now) then would it be acceptable? It is a slur for lesbian women and I'm pretty sure even that some of them are okay calling themselves this way, I would avoid using the word even if I was a lesbian woman because it isn't granted that everybody in the lesbian community consider this word positive. Everybody has the right to use the word, just I want to be precautious and avoid the term using in communication myself. As for an example in my life, some of the gypsy people call themselves roma and find the term gypsy to be a racial slur even though some of them are proudly call themselves gypsies. This is why I said that it doesn't matter if he is a hetero-cis man.

Nothing excuses your use of “dyke.” That’s a hateful word, and has never been used in a less than hateful way.
Really?! I've seen plenty of women who call themselves bulldykes claiming they can beat a mans you know what in god knows how many online videos.

I remember an episode of Jerry Springer where a dyke was wearing a strap-on to perform sex. I don't recall how but her girl found out. I don't think I need to tell y'all the rest.

Leaving the use of the word dyke aside I find it very hard to believe that this lesbian woman on the show would
A) Not look at her partners genitals during sex and
B) Not be able to tell the difference between a strap-on and a real penis

If he was a transgender man and used the term "dyke" describing herself (or himself? I'm not so sure right now) then would it be acceptable? It is a slur for lesbian women and I'm pretty sure even that some of them are okay calling themselves this way, I would avoid using the word even if I was a lesbian woman because it isn't granted that everybody in the lesbian community consider this word positive. Everybody has the right to use the word, just I want to be precautious and avoid the term using in communication myself. As for an example in my life, some of the gypsy people call themselves roma and find the term gypsy to be a racial slur even though some of them are proudly call themselves gypsies. This is why I said that it doesn't matter if he is a hetero-cis man.
Please just google the word "reappropriation".
Ah! Cis! A new whatever!
I'm so sorry, I'm one of the 15 people who voted 3...
Cis is the correct term to describe the opposite of trans.
I also don't care what you voted for at all.

Please just google the word "reappropriation".

I said in my post that while some of the lesbians think this is a positive term, not all lesbians feel that way. So even between lesbian people the word dyke only should have used if both person agreed about it's positiveness. If you are friend with a lesbian woman who think that dyke is a positive term and you jokingly called her a dyke then that is also okay for me, because then both of you know what it means.

I said in my post that while some of the lesbians think this is a positive term, not all lesbians feel that way. So even between lesbian people the word dyke only should have used if both person agreed about it's positiveness. If you are friend with a lesbian woman who think that dyke is a positive term and you jokingly called her a dyke then that is also okay for me, because then both of you know what it means.
Then I don't get your point. I just said that the term shouldn't be used by cis-hets.

Ah! Cis! A new whatever!
I'm so sorry, I'm one of the 15 people who voted 3...
*sigh*

cis.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Weve had 2 words for that for decades.

I don't buy into the new crap.
Then I don't get your point. I just said that the term shouldn't be used by cis-hets.
Word privilege, got it... :rolleyes:

Least surprising post ever.
Least surprising response ever.

Lets just accept that is an unsuitable term and move on.
Why? Cause a straight male said it? Or is this going to get deleted too? Nobody got mad at mustafur saying butch. I see no difference.

Last edited:

Because it isn't a gender issue, so using the term cis-hetero isn't correct. But I don't really care because we agree on the basis that this shouldn't be used in any negative context at all.

Basically like any curseword. With friends its ok to call someone a cuseword, N-word, synonyms for penis or butthole etc in a friendly context. However if you dont know the people, dont use the term.

Exactly!

I've got two words for that kinda attitude but the AUP won't let me say them.
Why do you have to say something that would violate the AUP cause you disagree with someone. Rather immature. Just like y'all getting butthurt cause I called her what she called herself!
When y'all can accept the fact I called her what she called herself and didn't do it out of hatred and I get these stupid 5 warning points removed over something I didn't do, something y'all made up in your minds, I'll call her whatever you want.

You're such a SQW it's embarrassing.
The opposite can be said about you.

Latest Posts

Back