Translations Going Wrong

• Thread starter kikie
  • 83 comments

kikie

I'm here
Premium
Belgium
in the land of stupidity
Translation going wrong are translation from different language into English. I'll post a few and will post other translations going wrong later on.

Don't be shy, if you have example of your own, don't hestitate to post them and make us laugh.

• Czechoslovakian tourist agency
    Take one of our horse-driven city tours - we guarantee no miscarriages
  • Denmark: in a Copenhagen airline ticket office
    We take your bags and send them in all directions.
  • in a hotel in Athens
    Visitors are expected to complain at the office between the hours of 9 and 11 A.M. daily.
  • Romania: in a Bucharest hotel lobby:
    The lift is being fixed for the next day. During that time we regret that you will be unbearable.

Hope you enjoy these translation going wrong. More to come. Don't forget to post your own translations going wrong.

:)

Someone post those Chinese-bumper-stickers. You know the ones, they're in one of the funny-images thread.

Edit* These are the ones I'm talking about.

Last edited:

clip_image010.png

Not much success this thread. I must be hexed. :lol:

Switzerland: in a Swiss mountain inn:
Special today - no ice cream.
Taiwan: the translation of the Pepsi slogan
"Come alive with the Pepsi Generation" came out as "Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead".

Just rode half way across the country to a nice resort only to find the pool area is a bit kinky:

D009EB64-7C17-428C-84AA-8432B6607BE1.jpeg

About the new Thrustmaster wheel:

''Kazunori Yamauchi talked to GTPlanet about the wheel giving some interesting insights. Firstly, Yamauchi makes note that this wheel will be ‘Direct Drive’ – meaning that the motor shaft is directly linked to the wheel itself without the use of belts and gears.''

That one from Copenhagen in the original post. I think I remember that sign, and if memory serves me, it says the same thing in Danish. It's a joke, a pun if you will.
And I'm pretty sure the same applies for the electrolux add. I think you can be pretty sure that they knew what they were writting, and the "alternate meaning" of the chosen phrase, was not an accident

#Buzzkill :D

Latest Posts

Back