Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Premium
Vietnam
Fairfield, CT
GTP_Jake / XRef
Truck Series - Race 1
Welcome to a Four Race Series using Four Different Truck Models in GT4.

Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03

Ford01.jpg

Grand Valley East Reverse

Arcade Mode Time Trial
Power: +20 (456HP)
Weight: -10 (1918kg)
Tires: Sports Soft

• Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply

• Please do not mention lap times in this thread, but feel free to post splits as I will update this post with a leader board.

• I may ask for Replay Verification to maintain integrity of this series.

• Submit your final time to me using a private message. Submit only once.
Deadline is Sunday, August 3rd, 7:00PM EST
-----------------------------------
LEADER BOARD

CMir ----------- 25.895 / 46.720
jmgyro --------- 26.010 / 46.998
Jake ----------- 25.887 / 47.001
2078TM --------- 26.096 / 47.070
arora ---------- 25.975 / 47.096
NielsG --------- 26.090 / 47.136
gtbadboy ------- 26.091 / 47.307
01GTP ---------- 26.063 / 47.323
EDK ------------ 26.214 / 47.332
2k2 Z28 -------- 26.433 / 47.872
raz_10 --------- 26.756 / 48.454
Marooned ------- 26.952 / 48.876
Bigracer ------- 27.514 / 49.807
georgetheracer - 27.363 / 49.909

Last edited:
race1.png

-------------------

👍 Congratulations to all racers 👍
I want to extend my gratitude to each of you for making this race a success!
:) See you at Apricot Hill :)

:cheers:

**CMir's Hot Lap Video**

-------------------

grandvalleyeast.gif

Last edited:
T1. 26.324
T2. 47.693

This truck was able to hit the corner before T2 easier than the sports car I had for BC6 :dunce:

Pretty fun, I think I'm used to my Dodge RAM with massive power and racing tires in GTmode though so will take time to get used to.

Sweet GT4 energy from Jake - well done.
How awd is this truck when it has oversteer like a TVR? :lol:
First splits: 27.514 - 49.807

If I can beg for a track for one of the other 3 combo's of this nice little series? El Capitan please!

First laps:

Great fun :D

Jαke;3100562
  • Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply

After just racing GV east in the WRS I assume that standard rules atm means, that cones are far game and concrete drive-off areas outside the rumbles are NOT track. Is that a correct assumption?

Edit:

2 more laps:

Edit2:

Looks like fun Jake. I'm in!👍

You know me buddy, I'll run most anything so long as I have the time.

I want to thank you all for giving this a shot. Great to see you here. 👍

This truck was able to hit the corner before T2 easier than the sports car I had for BC6
I was surprised by how well this truck handled too. Even with a high center of gravity this Ford can motivate, and in some cases, better than many cars in GT4.

How awd is this truck when it has oversteer like a TVR? ... El Capitan please!
This is a rear-wheel drive truck, that is why it over steers like the TVR. :sly: El Cap is a amazing track....we'll see.

After just racing GV east in the WRS I assume that standard rules atm means, that cones are far game and concrete drive-off areas outside the rumbles are NOT track. Is that a correct assumption?
Yes, your description is the correct assumption. 'Leave no cone standing!' 👍

---

Leader Board Update on First post.

Hi guys,

I haven't been racing in a while :P These should be some fun ones, good idea Jake 👍

26.319 / 47.604

I'll try and clean it up now and get back soon.

EDIT: 26.272 / 47.482 Still more there....

It's been awhile Erik, hope this will bring you back here over the next few weeks.

1st post board updated through #13

Had to mow the lawn (wife saw a snake!:scared:) but, I did get a few laps in. Kinda of an interesting ride there Jake!!:)

I think some sand bags for the truck bed might help eh?:sly:

Great times guys, I'm having a lot of fun with this. updated 1st post. 👍👍

added Kenny to the board. Good to see you here!

Hey, Jake this is a fun combo.
I know you like this track in this direction and this truck does OK here.

My splits so far.

Oh!!! gtbadboy you can chase me here too!!

Hey Kenny, nice to see you in here!

Oh by the way, take a look under your truck.......I think I see a box spring or maybe it's a mattress, and is that a can of gas I see by the left rear tire?:mischievous: I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though!!!:crazy:

I got Jake's PM and decided to give this series a try, it's preety fun, I didn't imagine I would enjoy driving trucks. Grand Valley East Reverse is brilliant too, it's one of my favourite tracks. Anyway, I like this track so much that I can get quickly close to my limit, and here's my effort:

There's 0.1 left at T1 (I shifted too late at the straight and slided a bit before the tunnel).

I like this track so much that I can get quickly close to my limit, and here's my effort: 25.895 / 46.720 ... There's 0.1 left at T1 (I shifted too late at the straight and slided a bit before the tunnel).

Great splits CMir 👍 Welcome to the series! board updated. :)

EDIT: To all racers: I changed the deadline to Sunday August 3rd due to my work schedule. Please note 1st post, thanks!

I've gotta take a break, right now my truck isn't fitting in the tunnel worth a damn! :crazy:

Jake you better call out the safety crew for tunnel repairs. Send the bill to Kenny, it's all his fault! :guilty:

I ran about 5 laps last night but nothing close to what I am normally capable of or what I was happy with. :ouch:

Need to get a submittable WRS lap done tonight, so I will probably get some splits in here on Tuesday.

Nice combo and a great idea for this series, Jake. 👍

:cheers:
Kevin

Just read Jake's PM

This seems like it should a lot of fun (after I drive myself insane trying to get a no-mistake lap at the 'ring tonight)

I'm in...post splits soon...GL all!

2078TM: This seems like it should a lot of fun (after I drive myself insane trying to get a no-mistake lap at the 'ring tonight)

yea ^^^ what he said! :dopey:

Cheers guys... Looking forward to seeing some new splits :cheers:

Spent a little time on this last night. Took some effort to drive it like what it is instead of like the Opel - but it's not too bad once you remember it doesn't stop or turn.

I still need to get better at balancing it into the turn to minimize the understeer

Good combo...
Too bad I'm getting ready for vacation...only had couple of runs last night
Time submitted with

this is something i've wondered about a few times so i just figgered i'd scrape the moss off the old gt4 disc and give it a wack. i'm pretty shocked actually that my ps3 even read the disk :)

i've been so inactive for so long that my timing is really inconsistant and it's hard to get a solid complete lap. it's still very hard for me to time out that whole first sector. my time is decent, it's just been a real wrasslin match and it ain't this beautifully handling truck's fault, that's for sure :)

t1: 26.079
t2: 47.068

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back