Gear 5 - 173 MPH
Gear 6 - 193 MPH
Gear 7 - 224 MPH

Alignment

Camber Front - -3.30
Camber Rear - -1.20
Toe Front - 0.15
Toe Rear - 0.50

True Force Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Albert Park - Dry

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 7
Rear Wing Angle - 6

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 2
Rear Ride Height - 2
Front Spring Stiffness - 7
Rear Spring Stiffness - 9

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 81 MPH
Gear 2 - 100 MPH
Gear 3 - 118 MPH
Gear 4 - 137 MPH
Gear 5 - 156 MPH
Gear 6 - 176 MPH
Gear 7 - 200 MPH

Alignment

Camber Front - -3.00
Camber Rear - -0.90
Toe Front - 0.11
Toe Rear - 0.35

Istanbul - Dry

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 8
Rear Wing Angle - 7

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3
Front Spring Stiffness - 5
Rear Spring Stiffness - 7

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 80 MPH
Gear 2 - 99 MPH
Gear 3 - 117 MPH
Gear 4 - 135 MPH
Gear 5 - 155 MPH
Gear 6 - 175 MPH
Gear 7 - 200 MPH

Alignment

Camber Front - -3.20
Camber Rear - -1.20
Toe Front - 0.13
Toe Rear - 0.47

Yas Marina - Dry

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 8
Rear Wing Angle - 8

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar - 6
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 9

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 2
Rear Ride Height - 2

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 87 MPH
Gear 2 - 108 MPH
Gear 3 - 127 MPH
Gear 4 - 147 MPH
Gear 5 - 169 MPH
Gear 6 - 190 MPH
Gear 7 - 215 MPH

Alignment

Camber Front - -3.30
Camber Rear - -1.30
Toe Front - 0.15
Toe Rear - 0.47

Last year diferent cars handled and behaved diferently and required diferent types of setups to achieve similar results... isnt it the same this year... and if so what car are you using for your tunnes?

Last year diferent cars handled and behaved diferently and required diferent types of setups to achieve similar results... isnt it the same this year... and if so what car are you using for your tunnes?

Varies from the F150, RB7, MP4-26, R31, and the W02.

Istanbul - Dry

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 8
Rear Wing Angle - 7

Braking

Balance - 49/51
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar - 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 7

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 3
Rear Ride Height - 3

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 80 MPH
Gear 2 - 99 MPH
Gear 3 - 117 MPH
Gear 4 - 135 MPH
Gear 5 - 155 MPH
Gear 6 - 175 MPH
Gear 7 - 200 MPH

Alignment

Camber Front - -3.20
Camber Rear - -1.20
Toe Front - 0.13
Toe Rear - 0.47

Tried this today and its not a very good setup. Its a nightmare taking Turn 8 at maximum speed, way too twitchy and too much oversteer

Will take that under advisement. Appreciate the feedback.

Anything else? Be as direct as possible.

Istanbul - Dry/Stable

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle - 6
Rear Wing Angle - 5

Braking

Balance - 48/52
Pressure - Low
Brake Size - Standard

Balance

Front Anti-Roll Bar - 3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar - 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height - 2
Rear Ride Height - 2
Front Spring Stiffness - 9
Rear Spring Stiffness - 9

Gearbox

Gear 1 - 80 (79) MPH
Gear 2 - 99 (98) MPH
Gear 3 - 117 (116) MPH
Gear 4 - 135 (134) MPH
Gear 5 - 155 (153) MPH
Gear 6 - 175 (173) MPH
Gear 7 - 200 (198) MPH

Alignment

Camber Front - -3.50
Camber Rear - -1.10
Toe Front - 0.11
Toe Rear - 0.35

The remaining dry tunes are on the way, and I'll be uploading the wet setups I've done thus far.

All of this dependent upon how quickly I can resolve a USB-related issue I've been having.

I still dont understand why dont you put with the setup what car did you use... its the first F1 game Ive heard were all the cars behave the same... even in F1 2010 each car behaved diferently.

I still dont understand why dont you put with the setup what car did you use... its the first F1 game Ive heard were all the cars behave the same... even in F1 2010 each car behaved diferently.

They're actually very different in 2011 - setups built around the McLaren won't always work for the Williams, for example. My Korea setup being a good example for that.

I don't know where you got that from. When you asked the question before I even answered with the chassis' I use.

As far as 2010 goes -- no, they didn't.

Whatever tune worked for, say, the MP4-25 or even the F10 worked for every chassis.

I don't know where you got that from. When you asked the question before I even answered with the chassis' I use.

As far as 2010 goes -- no, they didn't.

Whatever tune worked for, say, the MP4-25 or even the F10 worked for every chassis.

They felt pretty diferent to me... and even in the VVV videos he claims the red bull in F1 2011 turns very diferent to the mclaren and to the Ferrari...

I cant argue with you about F1 2011 because I havent got it yet but as far as F1 2010 goes they felt pretty diferent and Im not talking just about speed, accelaration or braking... but handling as well...

But if you are right and one setup fits all in F1 2011 then the game seems pretty falwed to me...

They felt pretty diferent to me... and even in the VVV videos he claims the red bull in F1 2011 turns very diferent to the mclaren and to the Ferrari...

As it did in 2010 as well. The F10 was also a lot easier to throw into corners, a bit more easier than the RB6 in fact. That still doesn't change that you didn't have to tailor tunes to just the top three cars. You could as I did, but ultimately you'd be wasting your time.

I cant argue with you about F1 2011 because I havent got it yet but as far as F1 2010 goes they felt pretty diferent and Im not talking just about speed, accelaration or braking... but handling as well...

Yeah the MP4-25 was a bit oversteer happy, just as the MP4-26 is. Little characteristic differences like that don't warrant entirely unique tunes unless you're running nothing but hot laps. The F10 can be thrown into corners, granted you know the track well enough. Just as the F150 can.

And if you don't have 2011 then how are you criticizing the Istanbul tune I did? :odd:

But if you are right and one setup fits all in F1 2011 then the game seems pretty falwed to me...

I...I never said that.

As it did in 2010 as well. The F10 was also a lot easier to throw into corners, a bit more easier than the RB6 in fact. That still doesn't change that you didn't have to tailor tunes to just the top three cars. You could as I did, but ultimately you'd be wasting your time.

Yeah the MP4-25 was a bit oversteer happy, just as the MP4-26 is. Little characteristic differences like that don't warrant entirely unique tunes unless you're running nothing but hot laps. The F10 can be thrown into corners, granted you know the track well enough. Just as the F150 can.

And if you don't have 2011 then how are you criticizing the Istanbul tune I did? :odd:

I...I never said that.

I didnt critize your tune... you must be mistaking me with someone else...
Tried this today and its not a very good setup. Its a nightmare taking Turn 8 at maximum speed, way too twitchy and too much oversteer

I would never criticize any tune because diferent driving styles require diferent tunes and Im not a very good tunner... I just wanted to know what cars did you tune for each tune because I usualy try out your tunes (and tweek them to fit my style) and when I get the game I was hoping to do the same but needed to know wich tune fits wich car...

Man, I cannot drive your setups. I can't brake for the life of me. Just joined a clean room and forgot I had your setup saved, ran right off the track. Sorry, Jerry.

I would never criticize any tune because diferent driving styles require diferent tunes and Im not a very good tunner....

Im not criticizing, its constructive feedback..well that was the intention anyway

Last edited:
I didnt critize your tune... you must be mistaking me with someone else...

I would never criticize any tune because diferent driving styles require diferent tunes and Im not a very good tunner... I just wanted to know what cars did you tune for each tune because I usualy try out your tunes (and tweek them to fit my style) and when I get the game I was hoping to do the same but needed to know wich tune fits wich car...

Oops. My mistake then.

Let's just chalk that up to me being drunk then. :lol:

For every race I pretty much do the same thing. Make the suspension harder and lower the ride height, move the rear alignment to the right by 1 click (better turn in). Then i'l run on the track and decide on the gear ratios and aero, usually much shorter gear ratios than the default, and in my Williams i kept the aero between 2-6.

The default setups are so painfully bad, initially a lot of fuss came out about 11/11 spring stiffness being a cheat/bug. But the reality is that any setup is a massive difference, the defaults are just that bad.

I'm in my second season now, driving for Ferrari, the same setup applies only I can run with lower downforce now, and go much faster as a result. Just like the Williams, with default setups the car drives like a dog. The Ferrari feels completely different to the Williams tho.

I only play Career mode, time trial is like playing Wipe Out or Star Was Episode 1 racer.

Your setup turned my Lotus from an absolute dog in Albert Park to a fairly competitive drive for Malaysia. I'd really appreciate a wet Shanghai setup as the forecast there is for heavy rain and I am a whole new, undiscovered level of poor in the wet.

Last edited:
The catalunya setup is fairly decent, its quite a good balance, but the tail does get away from you sometimes, turn 3 and 4 in particular. The only thing i changed in my williams, was the downforce, increased it by 2 at the back and 1 at the front, and raised the last gear a bit higher. And that seemed to help it a bit.

Last edited:
There'd be a lot more setups (including the wet setups I've worked on thus far) but I'm having problems running the game long enough to finish them. It's a problem surrounding my wheel that I'm going to have resolved either today or tomorrow.

If (if) I can get one new tune up today it'll be Shanghai. If I can get it resolved I'll post more. :)

Last edited:
Your setup turned my Lotus from an absolute dog in Albert Park to a fairly competitive drive for Malaysia. I'd really appreciate a wet Shanghai setup as the forecast there is for heavy rain and I am a whole new, undiscovered level of poor in the wet.

If it's urgent: I've posted one over here a few days ago.

Good luck with the issues, T12. Anything related to the "black screen" issue some people reported on the CM boards?

Nope. Mine is purely wheel-related. Probably a leftover driver or something.

Now I have to go look through the system files. See what us PC guys have to put up with when something goes wrong? :lol:

Nope. Mine is purely wheel-related. Probably a leftover driver or something.

Now I have to go look through the system files. See what us PC guys have to put up with when something goes wrong? :lol:

Yeah uh...I see. I was the IT guy at work, y'know. :P

If in doubt: re-image the darn thing. :D

Last edited:
I did not know that.

So you know how much of a pain in the ass this is then. :P

Most certainly. That's what we have "image discs" for..."So, you're having a problem with your machine? No worries, just make sure nothing of importance has been saved on the C:\ drive.". The next morning, le me picking up le phone: "ALL MY FILES ARE GONE."

:D

Back