Trying to get gold on Nords circuit experience lap attack

• Thread starter GTFraker
  • 34 comments
Poland
Poland
So yesterday I had some free time on my hand and decided get all gold on Nords' CE. The sectors were quite easy but I struggled to string a good lap to go sub 7. My best effort ended up being a 7:01.
Anyone got any secret lines or magic words I could whisper to the M6?Watching the official video doesn't help either cause the tester is on AT.

7:01 isn't that bad, that's only 4 seconds away from gold.
It's all about mastering the track; the Nordschleife has a lot of high speed corners where you can either win or lose valuable time.
Don't be scared to keep your foot down at times. It also has a lot of low speed, technical sections where track knowledge is key.

Do you drive with cone markers? One of the best tips (by Z28) I got when first driving this game was to "follow the cones" and believe me, it helps.

Here's my lap (1st try, pre-patch. will give it another go sometime soon), hope it can be of help:

Last edited:
So yesterday I had some free time on my hand and decided get all gold on Nords' CE. The sectors were quite easy but I struggled to string a good lap to go sub 7. My best effort ended up being a 7:01.
Anyone got any secret lines or magic words I could whisper to the M6?Watching the official video doesn't help either cause the tester is on AT.
The magic word is "practice". Do you use cockpit view? If so I found I had to go +2 on the vertical view otherwise the track would sometimes not be visible when I was taking corners.

Thats it, I really think nothing better that learn and know the track perfectly.

For myself I waited and drived a lot on it in online Lobbys (7 days) with all kind of cars (with slower cars you have more time to feel the curb and lines) having fun with friends. (Theres a lot of Lobbys of that where people drive grouped the track and wait for each other, etc)
Once I got the circuit perfectly ive done all sectors and main lap in gold in less than an hour.

Hope it helps you.

Have you tried post patch? I did a 6:56:566 on 2nd try with DS4 without pushing under 1.06
There are a few key sectors where you can lose precious time by driving too cautiously, especially the part after the first carousel, "Hohe Acht - Brünnchen" (sector 8), comes to mind.
Going around the Nordschleife is all about flow. If you don't get that feeling of stringing corners together in an effortless relaxing manner, without too much braking, just by proper choice of gear, and throttle, means you need more practice. But fret not, it will come naturally as soon as you learn to approach NOS without strain but relaxation. It's only then (after practicing, and the proper mindset), that you will reach the "zone", much like a Zen experience. ;)

Just keep running it mate. It’s a huge track that takes more than a few a runs to learn the course well enough to achieve gold. After the 1.06 update was released, this challenge also got 50x easier, so just keep grinding and you’ll be there in no time.

The secret is track knowledge and experience. Keep on grinding laps. 7:00 is really not that fast here. Try to find the ultimate speed through the racing line in every of the 73 turns. Drive it enough and you will flow through the Nordschleife without a hickup every time well under the gold achievement time.
And if you got pedals, turn off the tracktion control for better speed management out of corners.

AT only slows me down. Besides, I'm using the sound of the rev and the gears to remind me of what speed I am at at the diff corners without having to look at the Speedometer. Manual and no tracktion control is the way to go. Just bare over with the few spin outs you will get in the beginning.

Here is a video of a guy driving it 6:54:337 while missing lots of APEXes and racing lines. Not a good run at all but it's his first he claims so for that, its good. But watch all the missed racing lines. He doesnt hit the apexes a lot of places and keeps the speed through many corners so low he ends up in the middle of the road of the exit where there is no need for that. Also his entries to turns are several times not wide/good enough. Especially the turn at 3:36 costs him a lot of speedloss and seconds.
Compared to superkiwis video posted up the thread here he loses 5 seconds from the 12KM mark (3:29 in this video) and to Steilstrecke. Thats a portion of the track Superkiwi drives in 14 secs approx while the guy in this video uses 19 secs.
The Devil is in the details.

Keeping good racing lines and hitting apex=higher speed out of corners=faster laptimes.
Keep on grinding.

PS! Gonna try to post a lap myself during the weekend.

Last edited:
I might sound like a complete cop out. I turned on ASM for this after trying for 20 or so times. ASM allowed me to push that little bit harder without loosing the car. I’m starting to really want a wheel. DS4 just isn’t doing it anymore.

I was in a similar position, nailed the sectors but full lap time not good enough.

Advice I was given was to not light up the tyres.

Come 1.07, I knocked off a few seconds but then gave in to the assists.
I was able to get gold with the assists.

It took me many attempts, but make sure you use your best ghost and complete the circuit; as after restarting a lot, the first 1/2 of the track became fast and the second 1/2 slow.

36 seconds for the first sector is good, and if you are at 6:10 by the overhead sign at the start of the long straight, you should make it.

There is about 5 critical corners Id say where you would think you have to slow down but actually just keep your foot on the gas and the cars grip will just glide in. Once I figured that out, I beat the Gold time by 3 seconds faster yet before I couldn't even come 6 seconds close to it.

best was 6:58:3xx before patch. after patch first run was 6:55:xxx. i can def tell the difference in accel out post patch but both those times were really sloppy runs on a controller.

best advice i guess would be to be patient with throttle on exits, watch the big curbs, and run like hell lol

6:44 laptime in this replay

As promised I did a round when I came from work.
A lil poor quality here for some reason but I will fix that in my sub 6:40 upload later :)

As you can see, not a perfect run. I´m confident this can be done in 6:3x and will upload a new one as soon as I am sub 6:40.

Lots of errors in this run so room for improvement.

Haven't done a lap attempt in a long time. Improved my last one with 4-5 secs here.
I mainly drive time trial or online race on the Nordschleife.

Driving options:
TC 3 (damn forgot to set it to 0)
All assist systems off except for ABS with is on Default

Last edited:
Here is my, this morning try:

Didn't have more time for records, after 2-3 unsuccessful tries...

It's hell hard to for me to keep concentration full lap, bcs Nord and M6 are not forgiving.

Update:

My advice is to try reduce assists as many as you can - at least drive with manual.
And of course, to perfectly learn the track.

Update 2:

Except 2 or 3 parts in challenges, this was my first contact and definitely full lap experience in GTS.

Last edited:
I've done more game laps on nurburg over the years than Sabine Schmitz has in real life. Best advice is to keep driving it in time trial so you can see your gains/losses against your ghost. Sub 6:57 really is easy, I could do that in van!.
Trail braking and Corner exit speed is King, on the uphill sections I let the speed drop going into corners without using my brakes sometimes using my gears if I've over cooked it. Most important is to get good exit speed before the long sections.

I can't imgagine anyone on a driving game forum won't already have seen this Topgear Nurb challenge - but start at 3mins in on part 1.

This is the last thing preventing me from 100% gold on circuits, can never put it all together for one full lap, so many turns to remember.

Then you just need more practice.

The first full round you are maybe hitting 1-2 perfect racing lines and apexes. There are 73 turns on the Nordschleife. Hitting them all has never happened to me and would have resulted in a time around 6:30.
Keep on practising and you will hit more and more perfect racing lines and apexes. After hundreds; maybe 1000ands of rounds you will hit every of the 73 apexes and racing lines totally perfect and u might even hit sub 6:30. I´ve seen people racing it at 6:23 in an online game of group 3 with BOP (Balance of power) turned on, which is just what you are driving in the gold attempt.
The only difference is that your tires are restricted to Racing: Hard which makes 6:30 poss but probably not 6:23.

Keep on grinding.

I have gold on this and I will tell you straight away that the real key to this is going fast while not going off the track. Sound obvious but I dont think its really that important to try and hit every apex or make sure you enter and exit the corners on the outside for maximum speed. As long as you're close you'll probably be fine. The problem for me was the track is bumpy and the car does not help. Not hitting a patch of grass and spinning that pig around is all I tried to do and I got 6:56.xx. I love the track and I may try to get a better time at some point but I'm never going to be on the leaderboard and I got the gold so I'm not really in a hurry to have another go.

Chances are, if you're struggling with this, it is likely you wont be on a leaderboard for it so there's really no point in doing more than the bare minimum to beat it haha. Unless you're trying to beat you're friends, then by all means, do what you have to do!

Sound obvious but I dont think its really that important to try and hit every apex or make sure you enter and exit the corners on the outside for maximum speed.

Chances are, if you're struggling with this, it is likely you wont be on a leaderboard for it so there's really no point in doing more than the bare minimum to beat it haha.

For a great record lap; hitting most entries/apexes/exits is the key; hate to tell you.

If you´re struggling you haven't practiced enough. It´s cool to ease off after hitting sub 6:55. I find it insanely cool to continue to improve. If you wanna be high on the leaderboard you really need several hundreds of laps on the Nordschleife.

Well nowadays the top 10 stars on leaderboard is all Pit Lane Glitchers anyway that completed the Nordschleife in 10 seconds according to the leaderboard.
PD DO have to fix that; really a shame. Cheaters everywhere I guess.

Last edited:
Just got the game 3 days ago, but Nordschleife has been my favorite track forever. Got a 6:54.245 first try on this one tonight. Really liking this version of the Ring.

I think it mostly boils down to putting in laps and memorizing the track. Once you get it, it’s a lot of fun.

Here is my couple minutes old, new record of 6:50.223

Just look last 8-9 min to skip else, bcs it was stream:

Update: i almost forgot, there is safe lap under gold time before record one, so this video may be interesting to you whole.

I hope so this can help people like me, regular racing players, not aliens or pro.

Last edited:
I finally got around to trying it again and what do you know, got it on the first try; I guess I just needed to get better at the game. Now only dirt tracks remain on the list.

Here's a lap i did yesterday of 6m 44sec from the bumper cam so you can see better.
No assists only ABS using DS4

Last edited:
Sometimes when the Daily races are boring i take the time trial on this circuit, bop enabled. Last night i figured, hey, why don't i check my friends records and see where i am.. my 6:54 wasn't in the list, dunno why. So i figured, i am going to give this a quick try.

6:51 with a huge mistake, without that easily under 6:50.. but in time trial mode with bop i had to fight hard and did a much more clean lap.. 6:57
The Circuit Challenge car has more grip and is easier to drive, but did they change this, i remember that challenge as harder and the car as less grippy..

7:07 is the best I've managed. I just can't seem to string a lap without one error. The exit of Karussel always seems to get me.

I golded the individual sections, so this one final silver is quite annoying to say the least.

Back