Trying to learn to use the paddle shifters.

Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
USMCinfinity
So, upshifting is not a problem obviously, but when should I downshift and HOW should downshift? During corners I either come to a complete stop or go into the dirt.

As a fellow jarhead, let me just start by saying... Come on man. If you can use any other shifting type, you should have no problem. It's just a sequential shifter on the wheel you use with your hands. Listen to the RPMs. You can bang the downshifts a little to help slow the car, but you can't over do it, just like any other shifter type.

As a fellow jarhead, let me just start by saying... Come on man. If you can use any other shifting type, you should have no problem. It's just a sequential shifter on the wheel you use with your hands. Listen to the RPMs. You can bang the downshifts a little to help slow the car, but you can't over do it, just like any other shifter type.

What? Are you somehow saying its the same as automatic? Because nowhere did I make mention of any other shifting type as I don't drive stick.

Practice, practice, practice each track to learn how many downshifts are necessary at each corner. Make sure your tranny is tuned correctly.

What? Are you somehow saying its the same as automatic? Because nowhere did I make mention of any other shifting type as I don't drive stick.
Ok, well listen to your RPMs. Don't let them get too high, and certainly don't hesitate too much and bog it down. And as Ledbetter said, practice. 👍

Back