Trying to learn to use the paddle shifters.

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by USMCinfinity, Aug 21, 2016.

1. USMCinfinity

USMCinfinity

So, upshifting is not a problem obviously, but when should I downshift and HOW should downshift? During corners I either come to a complete stop or go into the dirt.

2. fumanchu11

fumanchu11

As a fellow jarhead, let me just start by saying... Come on man. If you can use any other shifting type, you should have no problem. It's just a sequential shifter on the wheel you use with your hands. Listen to the RPMs. You can bang the downshifts a little to help slow the car, but you can't over do it, just like any other shifter type.

3. USMCinfinity

USMCinfinity

What? Are you somehow saying its the same as automatic? Because nowhere did I make mention of any other shifting type as I don't drive stick.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter

Practice, practice, practice each track to learn how many downshifts are necessary at each corner. Make sure your tranny is tuned correctly.

5. fumanchu11

fumanchu11

Ok, well listen to your RPMs. Don't let them get too high, and certainly don't hesitate too much and bog it down. And as Ledbetter said, practice. :tup:

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter

You will turn faster laps using manual transmission. It's easy once you get used to it.