TT #45: 550PP Italian Cars: Monza Circuit/400PP Mazda Raceway Laguna

Sorry to bother you but I can not get the gear ratio even following in his steps.

What parts have you been installed on the engine?, have you changed the oil in my car?

Thanks for responding đź‘Ť

Hey Sephia
I changed the rims on my car, I have heard that it makes a difference on the gear ratios, but i'm not sure.
The installed tuning parts are exhaust manifold, catalytic converter sports and sports exhaust.
And no problem
Cbastjan

Hey Sephia
I changed the rims on my car, I have heard that it makes a difference on the gear ratios, but i'm not sure.
The installed tuning parts are exhaust manifold, catalytic converter sports and sports exhaust.
And no problem
Cbastjan

Yes cb, changing the rims on your car does make a difference in your gear ratios as well as oil change. These are all things that should be included in your description of your tune in order to help other members achieve your trans settings.

Yes cb, changing the rims on your car does make a difference in your gear ratios as well as oil change. These are all things that should be included in your description of your tune in order to help other members achieve your trans settings.
Allright thanks for the confirmation:tup:
And I apologise profusely for my absence of tuning parts in the description of my tune, I hope you are able to assemble my two posts in this thread to achieve my exact tune :sly:
Cbastjan

Allright thanks for the confirmation:tup:
And I apologise profusely for my absence of tuning parts in the description of my tune, I hope you are able to assemble my two posts in this thread to achieve my exact tune :sly:
Cbastjan

Sorry, but I've flagged this same issue on the recent Lambo seasonal, and changing my rims made absolutely no difference to the available gear ratios, nor the addition of any other tuning parts! There must be some other explanation why some people show different ratios.

Sorry, but I've flagged this same issue on the recent Lambo seasonal, and changing my rims made absolutely no difference to the available gear ratios, nor the addition of any other tuning parts! There must be some other explanation why some people show different ratios.

Changing wheels does change the gear ratios, that is a well known fact. I'm not talking about tires, I'm talking about wheels, just so we are clear. Sorry, but you are all wrong here.

Everything I've stated in the below link affects gear ratios. I have tested it and know it to be fact.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=264778

Just tested the "new wheels changing gear ratios" that some seem to doubt. Here are the results for the doubters or those that say its not true.
Car tested: Scion FR-S '12. Bought trans, just hit reset. Buy new wheels and hit reset again. These are the beginning and ending gear ratios for each gear.
Stock wheels New wheels
2.927 3.950 2.993 4.026
2.120 2.743 2.160 2.795
1.617 2.003 1.648 2.041
1.290 1.541 1.315 1.471
1.077 1.241 1.097 1.264
0.796 1.044 0.810 1.064

FG and top speed remain the same. Hope this proves what I've been saying and further explains the problem of trying to duplicate others tunes.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why on time trial #45 Monza PP550 challenge I cannot record a lap time? I have completed several laps each time doing a time faster than I need to get Gold but it doesn't seem to register the time.

I'm sure there is a simple enough explanation but clearly I am not smart enough to work it out myself ;)

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

Just tested the "new wheels changing gear ratios" that some seem to doubt. Here are the results for the doubters or those that say its not true.
Car tested: Scion FR-S '12. Bought trans, just hit reset. Buy new wheels and hit reset again. These are the beginning and ending gear ratios for each gear.
Stock wheels New wheels
2.927 3.950 2.993 4.026
2.120 2.743 2.160 2.795
1.617 2.003 1.648 2.041
1.290 1.541 1.315 1.471
1.077 1.241 1.097 1.264
0.796 1.044 0.810 1.064

FG and top speed remain the same. Hope this proves what I've been saying and further explains the problem of trying to duplicate others tunes.

ty for lending me your car, shocked myself by getting a 1min 44.230 but theres room for improvement. Can the left hander before the corkscrew be taken at full wack???

Can anyone explain why on time trial #45 Monza PP550 challenge I cannot record a lap time? I have completed several laps each time doing a time faster than I need to get Gold but it doesn't seem to register the time.

I'm sure there is a simple enough explanation but clearly I am not smart enough to work it out myself ;)

Stupid question but are you sure you are online. There's been a few times that I have got disconected while doing these events and my time didn't register.

@ Dave: For that corner, I let off the gas slightly to get the car to rotate then back on it. I don't believe that corner can be taken flat out.

If you cut the track and the lap is displayed in red, it ont let you save the lap, it will not count, if thats what happened... :)

Stock wheels New wheels
2.927 3.950 2.993 4.026
2.120 2.743 2.160 2.795
1.617 2.003 1.648 2.041
1.290 1.541 1.315 1.471
1.077 1.241 1.097 1.264
0.796 1.044 0.810 1.064

does it also change the handling? or just the gears...(change wheels)

As far as I can tell, no, new wheels does not effect the handling.

i got 1 min 43.977 lap and the next lap after i was 0.608s ahead then went a tiny weeny bit too tight on a corner and got a void lap ,, was kicking myself!

i got 1 min 43.977 lap and the next lap after i was 0.608s ahead then went a tiny weeny bit too tight on a corner and got a void lap ,, was kicking myself!

Yea, it can be frustrating at times. When you find your frustration level is starting to affect your driving, take a break for a bit and come back to it later.

EDIT: Regarding new wheels affecting gear ratios. It has been brought to my attention that buying new wheels does not change the gear ratios in all cars. In all cars I've tested, it has but apparently there are some that it doesn't so I stand half corrected, lol. Sorry for the confusion. Will do further testing on more cars.

Last edited:
If you cut the track and the lap is displayed in red, it ont let you save the lap, it will not count, if thats what happened... :)

I'm not convinced that is what happened. I've tried several cars and as far as I remember all my laps were clean but I'll try again.

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Stupid question but are you sure you are online. There's been a few times that I have got disconected while doing these events and my time didn't register.

I am 99.9% sure I was not disconnected during this time trial event but I will have another go and make sure.

Thanks for the advice :)

Yea, it can be frustrating at times. When you find your frustration level is starting to affect your driving, take a break for a bit and come back to it later.

EDIT: Regarding new wheels affecting gear ratios. It has been brought to my attention that buying new wheels does not change the gear ratios in all cars. In all cars I've tested, it has but apparently there are some that it doesn't so I stand half corrected, lol. Sorry for the confusion. Will do further testing on more cars.

yup i did take some breaks here and there now i got a time of 1.43.862 :)

As for tranny changes due to wheels i fiddled with the LFA and yes the change of wheels afftected the ratio

yup i did take some breaks here and there now i got a time of 1.43.862 :)

As for tranny changes due to wheels i fiddled with the LFA and yes the change of wheels afftected the ratio

Yea, all the cars I've changed wheels on, the gear ratios were also affected but apparently there are some not affected. Still have to test those. I locked my other thread because I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about. I really didn't feel like getting into a pissing match so I just closed it. Everything I wrote in that thread is true as I tested them myself. If there are certain cars that are unaffected by wheel changes, then I stand corrected as I don't have the time or inclination to test every single car in this game.

If there are certain cars that are unaffected by wheel changes, then I stand corrected as I don't have the time or inclination to test every single car in this game.

If that's the case, why claiming "the guy above" in your other thread is only starting crap?
Seems he was right too, that what he tested didn't change the things you claimed would change. (who is wrong there?)

Quote: "I have proof for everything I've listed so I know it to be fact."

But your not gonna show your facts, instead you closed the thread. :lol:

Hey Here is my tune for Monza Gallardo.

550 bhp
Ballast everything installed, +150kg and 50 in the back (1319kg)
RH, 40, -20
SR 14.0, 12.0
Dampers Ext 8, 6
Dampers comp 6, 4
Anti-Roll bars 1, 2
Camber and toe, 2.2, 1.7 Toe 0.05, 0.10
Havent been working with the LSD yet so it is still 10 40 20
Brake Balance 5, 7
Torque Differential 30 front 70 rear
Transmission
1. 3998
2. 2870
3. 2354
4. 1945
5. 1616
6. 1359
Final gear 2780
Cbastjan

After trying almost every other possible car (both Murcielagos, the Aventador, Enzo, Italia, F430 Scuderia) I ended up trying with the Gallardo as everybody else did. I came up easily with a mid 1.56 using a conventional setup, in regarding Ride Height, say -20 front -16 back.
After watching a top10 replay I noticed that the guy was running with an unusually high front, so I changed my setup accordingly modifying nothing else than ride height and got on my first try a 1sec shave of my previous lap.
How is that possible? This setup defies the laws of physics, the car should understeer like crazy. Am I missing something?:confused:

...This setup defies the laws of physics, the car should understeer like crazy. Am I missing something?:confused:

Maybe the car is mounting the curbs better with the front raised as it is. Either way the recent update should fix this ride height issue.

giantyak
Either way the recent update should fix this ride height issue.

I had a quick run before work with the update on laguna. With the same set up Im finding more oversteer on entry now, I've got the ride height lower at the front -17, -10. I think i could run a quicker lap now, but I stupidly changed the oil so now Im down on hp :(
Im 55th at the moment on a 1'41.714 could maybe get another 1-2 tenths I reckon with the better handling.

Hi drivers, i've a problem, i'm still on 1.42.8 on laguna seca with gsx...could you recommend a good setup? (drive with PAD)
thanks for your attention :)

Does anyone have a gsx r on share I could borrow to see if im in the same league as you guys at laguna? My best lap so far has been a 1.49.8 but thats using a honda civic and dont have any cars around 400pp that come close to the times you guys run.
Cheers!

krenkme
As a request from a friend I tuned a GSX-R :indiff:. If you'd like to give it a go here it is

WHAT TO BUY -
Fully custom transmission
All drivetrain parts
Fully custom suspension

TUNE

FRONT/REAR

Ride hight: -15/-10
Spring Rate: 6.2/5.5
Extention: 7/4
Compression: 3/3
ARB: 5/5
Camber: 1.2/1.9
Toe: -0.21/0.12

Reset to default
Top speed - 124
1st - 4.480
2nd - 3.390
3rd - 2.680
4th - 2.150
5th - 1.785
6th - 1.543
Final - 5.200
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 8/10/10

Ballast : 200 @ 0
:yuck: power limiter :yuck: 68.8%

Hope it helps some :dopey:

rodolfo17
Hi drivers, i've a problem, i'm still on 1.42.8 on laguna seca with gsx...could you recommend a good setup? (drive with PAD)

^^^there you go :cheers:

thx frosty, i only increased the spring rate, and I did my record in the first and second sector :)
what have u done?

rodolfo17
thx frosty, i only increased the spring rate, and I did my record in the first and second sector :)
what have u done?

I'm still rehabilitating a bad accident I had awhile ago and my motor skill are not quite up to par yet. But krenkme always makes easy to drive tunes, so thanks should be sent his direction :cheers:

I had a quick run before work with the update on laguna. With the same set up Im finding more oversteer on entry now, I've got the ride height lower at the front -17, -10. I think i could run a quicker lap now, but I stupidly changed the oil so now Im down on hp :(
Im 55th at the moment on a 1'41.714 could maybe get another 1-2 tenths I reckon with the better handling.

dont worry your way ahead of me my best now 1'43.778 , but before i started i didnt even dream of getting that time đź‘Ť to cargorat for lend his suzuki

Last edited:

that's a great time with a pad , im using a pad too in 0.9s behind you although i know there's 2 corners i can take better might get me in the low 43,s

Latest Posts

Back