TT Circuit List

• Thread starter Sambert
  • 106 comments
I dn't think they've shown all the bikes or tracks that are going to be in the game so hopefully we will get some nice surprises like the IOMTT and a few Motogp bikes. :)

[empty space]
maybe le sarthe ... i was always wondering what sort of times the bikes would do on the true le sarthe track instead of the 24 hour race on buggati.
From the list of bikes that we have at present, it seems that the Busa will be the weapon of choice on the hunaudières straight. I’m holding out hope for the inclusion of the unchicaned Circuit de la Sarthe II.

tttopspeed9ix.jpg

Drillah
I dn't think they've shown all the bikes or tracks that are going to be in the game so hopefully we will get some nice surprises like the IOMTT and a few Motogp bikes. :)

Have you played TT superbikes? It's an excellent game, complete with the entire IOM circuit. Very much recommended. 👍 MotoGP bikes would be excellent.

I think that the bugatti circuit will be in. The bike le mans is held there, not the full track.

Sorry to sound like a pessimist, i doubt either full le mans will be in.

itll be a shame if the full le sarthe is dropped for bugatti ... thats like compairing the new hockenhiem ring to the old one. :(

duke_toaster
I think that the bugatti circuit will be in. The bike le mans is held there, not the full track.

Sorry to sound like a pessimist, i doubt either full le mans will be in.
Chaps, if you had read the list, you would be aware that Circuit de la Sarthe I was confirmed at the Tokyo Motorshow. Bugatti is the track that we have to hope for…

good ... tbh, i dont care one way or another if buggatis in. maybe its just been done badly in other games but i never enjoyed driving on it.

[empty space]
good ... tbh, i dont care one way or another if buggatis in. maybe its just been done badly in other games but i never enjoyed driving on it.
Although I wasn’t particularly fond of Bugatti in the Dreamcast version of Lemans 24h(seemed a little makeshift) I’d still be pleased to see it included in TT. More non-GT tracks to master…

Dom.S
It'd be nice to be able to take a Repsol replica Honda RCV around Laguna Seca, spinning up the back wheel on each corner ala Nicky Hayden. :cool:
Let’s hope that the special edition colour is included on the ‘05 RR. :drool:
cbr_1000_repsol.gif

I REALLY want the Isle of Man TT course, or at least (assuming PD are slack and want to mainly work on GT5 (no doubt with the same dull Trial Mountain et all from the PS1 days)) another good real life track. I'm really bored of the normal GT track designs. The nurb, Sarthe, etc proved that real tracks kick butt over those way too artificially smooth old fashioned PS1-era GT tracks. I would be happy if PD just binned all the fantasy tracks and went entirely with a roster of real, bumpy, exciting, kick-butt real world tracks. Like the IOMTT and Bathurst - (there's heaps more where these came from - the actual EARTH)! Its really time to make this move, it would be a huge plus for PD's games which are trying not to be arcadey, the supposed "Real riding/driving Simulators"...

Its time to reinvigorate the general staleness and track roster, its pretty damn sad. The Nurb pretty much made all PD's fantasy tracks obselete IMO. Surely the whole point of a track being fictional is you can potentially design it to be MORE exciting and thrilling to race on than a real track? They seem to have missed this concept, instead going for boring, smooth (not enough little subtle camber changes, bumps etc - that make the Nurb so interesting), but ****e like Opera Paris!

This game needs something to differentiate itself trackwise or else! No significant new track content is REALLY lame. Who cares if its a lot of work to get the IOMTT course in, this should be the Tourist Trophy team's PRIMARY CONCERN. They get paid to make an awesome bike game (with an existing engine at that) and they DON'T put the Isle of Man in? What the hell else is more important development-wise?

It seems like there just isn't enough new content. So far, its just a carbon copy of GT, but with bikes. Even the menus looks the same! Please, PD. Differentiate your product and create some excitment and a feeling of newness... Else everyone (besides hardcore bikers) will just go: MEH!

Of course I will still buy it, but I'm nowhere near as excited as I was when the game was just announced now I've seen the track roster. If they have the Isle of Man up their sleeve (big sleeve!) and the game actually comes out in a timely fashion, then all is forgiven.

FatAssBR
I like the Suzuka track a lot on GT4, and it will be on TT. It's a pretty cool track to race with bikes too, it was my favorite from MotoGP3.
I’m also a big fan of Suzuka- I can’t wait to be able to blast around Honda’s test track on the 1000RR.:dopey:

sambertosz0ek.jpg

Omnis
Yeah, the Isle of Man would be huge. I don't know how or if we'd be able to run it in a single race. Perhaps there would be an Isle of Man trial mode? Where you raced in stages exclusively on the track.

Why not ?
After all , during the ManxTT all the motorbikes start one by one .
You know , the track is quite narrow ...
This could mean racing against more than 3 bikes : overtaking , or being overtaken by , only one at a time could lighten the processor work , allowing it to manage a biggest track.

Whilst we wait on confirmation of the namesake, I thought that a link to a complete lap of the Isle of Mann TT might be useful. Thanks SF. 👍
Vid Link

It’s certainly expansive, though I feel that the longer straight sections might become a little tedious in the context of a video game. Nonetheless, it would be a wonderful inclusion. Not long now... :)

Wow, lots of tracks... This game looks pretty sick even though I'm not much for bikes. That be sick if they made a "mountain" track. GT4 could use one too.

Isle of Man isn't the only TT out there, folks. Let's not forget about the Dutch TT held at Assen.
Just the same, it'd be very cool if they could include the Isle of Man.

lThat's what it used to be.
It's just another round in the Motogp series now. Not a TT.
Hell, even the IOMTT technically isn't a TT anymore. Sure they get a trophy, but the guys racing are hardly the old 'tourists' or 'guests' that were invited to participate in the early days of the race. (Tourists)

Nurburgring "North Course" could imply this:

Nurburgring%20Nordschliefe%20Short%202002.gif

Notice in the top right corner near the Carousel that there is something called Stellestrecke. This is, from my understanding, a bypass meant to skip over the Carousel for bikes that couldn't handle the banking. The entrance and exit of this bypass are easily viewable in GT4.

steilstrecke1.jpg

With an incline of 27 degrees, it would be quite something. Denis (Thunder), was there any mention of the historic Steilstrecke on your trip to the Nürburgring?

During test drives for Auto Union in the 1930s, Hans Stuck sr. secretly took the Steilstrecke, instead of the regular route, and set the fastest lap of the day. His laptime could not be reached by the other drivers. Stuck didn't reveal his somewhat sneaky act until the evening.

Well on my trip with the bike i wasn't on the Steilstrecke, the entry is blocked for normal traffic. On my trip to the 24h Race in 2004 i was there and believe me it is a very tough bit of road. The surface isn't just concrete or so it was made to handle the incline at bad weather conditions so it is like a washboard. Not very nice to drive.

Denis

Am I correct in thinking that , during open track days, the bikes don't take the banking on the carousel and instead take the flat outer rim?

At Daytona they're doing a lot of speed on a big banking. The Carousel is very low speed, and I just don't know if the bikes would be able to handle it without falling over.

Videos I've seen of track days always show slower cars and bikes up on the flat outer rim.

I my case, i drove the outer line in one of my six laps, to let the faster drivers by. But this wasn't the normal way the most were driving the inner line. But the cars and bikes were driving seperated from each other. I think that cars can go faster through there, so if i'd be driving at the same time i'd go the outer line.

Denis

I'd dearly love to see the IOM mountain course in there, but as people have pointed out it's probably not going to happen. :(

Jester (the people who did TT Superbikes) went round the course in a kitted out van, loads of cameras etc to get footage/track layout/etc for their game - we would've heard about it if PD had done the same research.

To do the above, then convert to a track in game would take a lot of time, money and resources. It would only really work in a bike game as it's so narrow - two lane normal roads are bad enough on a bike it'd be impossible in a game. Although it would sell some copies on the basis of the track being there I'd imagine that forums would quickly denounce it as being no fun as there's no physical way to get past the AI.

So, bit of a downer, but I don't think we'll see the track. :(

Nurgurgring Nordschleife, Nurburgring Südschleife, Nurburgring Nordschleife and Nurburgring Südschleife with Steilstrecke, and all of those including the BMW Test Track thats connected to the ring. I dunno much about the Isle of Mann TT track but since ppl like it that would be nice to have as well.

The359
At Daytona they're doing a lot of speed on a big banking. The Carousel is very low speed, and I just don't know if the bikes would be able to handle it without falling over.

Videos I've seen of track days always show slower cars and bikes up on the flat outer rim.
That reminds me...I wonder if there's any chance of the current Daytona motorcycle course (and possibly the old pre 2005 one) being included. The oval wouldn't be necessary, of course, since Test Course is confirmed. If you think car races on TC are insane, then racing with bikes should be downright looney... :crazy: :eek: :bowdown:

Back