TT Isle of Man 2 is Coming to Consoles and PC in Q1 2020

Just got it on PC... is there any way to mute the woosh woosh woosh sound when going past trees? If not, I'll get a refund - it's so loud and I find it that annoying!

The iom 1 is 8 bucks cad on psn for ps4 now, 2 is 24$, tempted to try the 1st at that price. Any further thoughts now after more time passed on if the 1st is too much worse than the 2nd to try?

Looks pretty similar to me on videos, except i haven't seen videos of the 1st game where the helmet cam swings sides to simulate the rider leaning into corners like in the 2nd.
I dont know if its an option in 1.

The iom 1 is 8 bucks cad on psn for ps4 now, 2 is 24$, tempted to try the 1st at that price. Any further thoughts now after more time passed on if the 1st is too much worse than the 2nd to try?

Looks pretty similar to me on videos, except i haven't seen videos of the 1st game where the helmet cam swings sides to simulate the rider leaning into corners like in the 2nd.
I dont know if its an option in 1.
Get second one Ripper.

I'm quite tempted to buy the second one as it's on sale on Xbox atm £12. Is it worth it at this price ?
I'd say yes, with a bit of a caveat that on my X1X it gave me headaches and motion sickness, although it really was just me, I believe. Was hoping to have another go on my new XSX but it lasted two hours before the display quit.

I'd say yes, with a bit of a caveat that on my X1X it gave me headaches and motion sickness, although it really was just me, I believe. Was hoping to have another go on my new XSX but it lasted two hours before the display quit.
Display quit ? TV/monitor broken mate ?

Display quit ? TV/monitor broken mate ?
it was the XBox. Monitor works just fine but the Series X cut out, it would come back after a reboot but it would keep going black. The monitor even registered that a signal was still coming from the XBox but no picture. Trust me, I troubleshot that every which way I could think of, would much rather have had an excuse for a new 4k monitor than sending the XSX in for warranty. Too bad, even at 1080 the difference in smoothness between my X1X and it was more than noticeable, was playing Wreckfest at the time, going back to the 1X was actually jarring! Which is why I really had my hopes up about TT2, I think I'd be pretty happy with it if I could play it more than 5 minutes at a go.

I have both versions on ps4 pro, which are ok, i just bought number 2 on steam for pc, and my eyes nearly popped😀, wow, the super fluid frame rate is mind blowing, nice and clear visuals.....much much better than the ps4 pro....
I was thinking of buying it for my PC because it would be at least 60fps, only problem is my PC is in my garage not in my comfy dining room.. :)

On pc i managed to get into a sort of photomode...couldnt do shutter speed tho..

full

full

full

Well i got the 1st iom tt now on std ps4, really cheap on psn now. I was weary of it from all bad comments and reviews all-around. But to my surprise, it's a revelation actually, im loving it. Can't believe it almost, i find it has so many good points, compared to ride3 even.

The not too sensitive controls, so smooth flow as should.
The sounds, not just the engine, but all around. You hear the contact patch, the chassis, the crowd, the other bikes.. So good in 3rd person ,and also in cockpit.

The look, the tracks, look so nice with overhanging trees, lots of detail in vegetation, rocks etc, especially of course the main tt course.
The replays, with smooth movement from your bike and ai. With sense of speed, on the tt its like vids of the real race.

And the feel, you feel, hear, see so much more many things that happen while on the limit.
Its weird floaty when letting it go too much out of shape, but if you just catch it always on the edge of control, it's cool as hell.
Im using no aids at all. Could set the tc to low if want to limit the weird out of control long slides. But i just catch it before that happens.

Even the controller vibration, you feel alot more, even shifting, landing fron a wheelie etc.

Couldn't be happier, looking forward to the 2nd game and rims.
Just hope you can set the 3rd person cam like in the 1st game. It follows your line/contact patch, not the head leaning left right like I saw on videos of the 2nd. Makes the bottom look like swinging.

The getting out of shape, feels weird in cockpit, for sure, up to now, need try it more, but close 3rd person is great, and cockpit is thrilling on the fast main tt.

Now i wish hope they will continue this series, maybe rims is taking over.. being same publisher and engine..
Nice to have something different if with same good points. But i prefer less focus on brands and upgrades, and more on the experience, and events, career etc.

Anyways, maybe it's not a popular view, but im loving it. And its not stressing and tiring like ride3. The constant needed twitching cause of so sensitive control, and even sound in ride is tiring.

Much more natural to me, even if it does look and react weirdly, floaty when letting it too out of control.
Just on the 1st 600cc honda for now, plenty fun already. Sounds amazing. Even runs pretty well on std ps4.
Glad i took the chance to try it hehe.
Also the ai try to swerve around you, not keep trying bump back into you to get back to its pre-determined line. And they do it looking smooth.

***edit:
And the bike feels responsive,the engine sound reacts vividly to your input,to shifting, and to the road, with revs surging over dips.
The front brake is strong, you hear feel the front skid over dips if apply a little too much.
The engine braking on downshifts, with the rear chirping.
You can burnout and feel the torque and grip with the revs.

Last edited:
Just got the 2nd iom tt game, tried a little and loving it.
Each bike sounds cool enough, where as in iom1 only the 1st supersport honda sounded good to me almost.
Also they sound good not just in 3rd person now, also in rider pov, in replays roadside cams etc.

The physics, controls are much more reasonable, i use the most sim setting as usual, and feels great to me.
Like ride 3 should feel if was more hardcore sim.

The big tt course is easier to follow, in 3rd person at least, maybe the cam is higher, and also it follows the rider's head, not contact patch, not sure if that's why too.

Maybe also clearer view, in noon setting at least, although it looks more cartoony to me a little, bit too colorful.

The helmet view is more dynamic, mimicking side to side movement of the rider leaning into corners.
The next onboard view leans less into corners sideways seems.
Not sure if my imagination but seems more sim physics, controls in helmet vs 3rd person.

Career seems nicer a little, you can advance in different ways, objectives, plus lots tracks.

I can see it's near rims racing as a game and engine, even footpegs dragging when lean too hard.
Except it runs better than the demo of rims on my std ps4.
So im pretty damn happy for now hehe.
More involving riding than r3, visceral, seems to me at least.
Edit: there's historic older cool bikes too, and sounded good in the preview screen.
And another championship for ireland i think it is.
Edit2: one thing that seems not work so well is when changing settings like sound volumes, camera options, i don't notice any difference.
For example, the wind noise in 3rd person is pretty loud lol, but i turned it down from 100 to 0 i think even, and nothing changed, even after restarting the race or game..

A.i. seems nice, like in iom1, racing you, avoiding you, smoothly moving , believable speeds etc
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hope it's ok to add a post, but I'm just feeling in love with this game even more just now.

I was using the 2nd 1st person view until now, apart from 3rd person as well for a different fun sometimes.

** But i just tried more than a few secs this time the 1st 1st person view choice, which is the true helmet pov, with helmet overlay.

And it's a revelation almost, i was cool with the 2nd view on most bikes, but some they seemed to stick too much to the middle etc.

But the true helmet view, wow, it's leans into curves, but feels natural, not messing my judgment of the line i have to follow.

And.., the sound is super cool, the buffeting of the wind is so well done in that view.
The wind buffeting increases when you lean out of the windshield or fairing in curves, and when you sit up to brake.

Plus of course it's more thrilling in curves with the rider leaning to the side.

Also i tried all the other tracks, they are all super cool, fast, fun, with elevations, and nice.

And the ai is super competent and believable in how it moves.

Even the sound of the ai bikes near you, passing etc is nice and different for each bike.

Anyways, i don't know, but for me it's a jewel, how it had so low reviews, and most comment negatively on it, go figure.

Im sure glad i took a chance on it.

Edit: i noticed there's a dlc for Hailwoods ducati 900, from 78 i think, gonna get it for sure.

The classic bikes are cool and sound good in this game.

That rider had won in the 60s a lot in tt iom and motogp i think, or sbk.

11 years later he came back in 78 to the tt of isle of man, and won it again, on that bike.
Pretty cool.

He won f1 car championship if im not mistaken too, the only man to win both top honor in bikes and cars.

Anyways, enough bla bla from me hehe.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Edit: i noticed there's a dlc for Hailwoods ducati 900, from 78 i think, gonna get it for sure.

The classic bikes are cool and sound good in this game.

That rider had won in the 60s a lot in tt iom and motogp i think, or sbk.

11 years later he came back in 78 to the tt of isle of man, and won it again, on that bike.
Pretty cool.

He won f1 car championship if im not mistaken too, the only man to do win both top honor in bikes and cars.

Anyways, enough bla bla from me hehe.
Cheers.
The Mike Hailwood Ducati is one of my favourite bikes in the game. It's a shame there isn't more pre-80s machinery, a couple of bikes from the 50s or earlier would have been nice.

Hailwood didn't win the F1 championship, you're thinking of John Surtees who won at the top level in both bikes and cars. Hailwood did spend a few years in F1 and had several points finishes but didn't win races or the championship there. He did the F2 championship as well and won that, plus had a third place at Le Mans, so it's not as though he was out of his depth in car racing.

I read an article about his triumphant 1978 TT return a couple of years ago. In one of the races that year he ran out of fuel and topped up at a garage along the route! He'd have probably got away with it but he was too honest, he owned up to the officials when he got back to the pits and got himself disqualified from that race.

I've not played this game for months now. Writing this is giving me the urge to fire it up again!

Tried it on pc but it was a instant turn off with how far back the camera pulls back in chase cam even when you choice the close chase cam.

I did like the free roam part.
Try the 1st on board Chikane, bit harder. Any one know to get my record laps to appear?

Tried it on pc but it was a instant turn off with how far back the camera pulls back in chase cam even when you choice the close chase cam.

I did like the free roam part.
Camera angles are awful for the most part and do not accurately convey what the bike is doing or about to do. Rims racing, motogp21 and ride 4 all the way.

Plus the fact that you don't have manual control over your rider tucking in and out really broke the game for me. They call it "tuck" in options but it's really for moving your weight back and forth!

Also, no 60fps mode on the One X? Come on....

Last edited:
I use the chase cam view on all bike games. I noticed with this game a visual peculiarity - the rear wheel shifts in an odd lateral way on corners. However if you ignore this, and just concentrate on the road ahead, if feels fine. The strength of this game is in the design of the imagined courses. The Irish ones in particular are some of the best I've seen - fast exhilarating sweeping corners and lots of elevation shifts. I generally dislike "technical" courses, where you are breaking for fiddly corners every 10 seconds or so, and you never open the bike up. I've just started to replay it, and am really enjoying it - particularly with the classic bikes.

I can't understand the game's physics - it's as if they took the opposite direction in the second game: everything feels so arcadey and well-planted, almost too well-planted. Tire physics are non-existent.

No matter, what I do, I can't get the rear to step out. There's no such thing as power oversteer or losing the rear powering out of low-speed corners. How bizarre. If this is a design choice, then they have effectively sucked all the fun out of piloting a motorcycle.

Also, the riding in general feels very forgiving, I can take sharp corners at insane speeds and totally get away with it. I don't know why reviewers are calling it a "motorcycle sim" - they must be on something funky. :lol::lol::lol:

Just to add: Strange how no one is bothered by the inabilty to step out the rear? That's like playing a driving game where the high-HP cars never fishtail, like some ghost TC at work all the time.

I don't think I'm going to be buying any game from this dev again; thankfully, I didn't take the plunge with RIMS as it was on sale - having the same game engine and all. NO thanks!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back