TT Stunting/Drifting

• Thread starter JRZRacing
  • 49 comments
Over the past while, I noticed that there was a growing interest in different kinds of tricks that can be pulled off in TT, such as drifting, wheelies, stoppies, and so on. So I decided to make a thread deticated to stunting and drifting in TT.

A while ago I put together a little stunt video basically just to prove that I could pull off the lap wheelies that I said I did. I also added a few other little stunts in the vid such as my 360 wheelie and 180 stoppies, here's the link if you want to see it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rx2_W6d1LK0 Since then, I've tried my hand at drifting, I was also able to pull off a few new stunts, heres a list of what I got so far:
Lap Wheelies
Circle Wheelies
Stall + Reverse Wheelies (when the rider puts their feet down)
180 Stoppies
Accelerating Stoppies (start at 30km/h, end at 100km/h)
Burnouts
Circle Burnouts
Donuts (basically the same as the circle burnout but the rear is loose)
Drifting
Teeter Totter (wheelie to stoppie to wheelie)

I am still practicing drifting, 180 stoppies, and donuts, I am yet to pull off a full 360 stoppie.

I was wondering, since my release of the vid, has anyone else been able to pull off any 180 stoppies?

👍 I've pretty much got all those down except for the "lap wheelie" and "180 stoppie."
But what do you mean by "circle burnouts?"

And don't forget the "one handed wheelie/stoppie":sly:

The circle burnout is a real crappy trick, I do it by setting the controller to pro and turn to full lean and go full throttle and you will keep spinning the tire as long as you keep full lean. You can make this trick look a hell of alot better by getting the rear of the bike loose by using the front and rear brake, but it requires more skill.

JRZRacing
The circle burnout is a real crappy trick, I do it by setting the controller to pro and turn to full lean and go full throttle and you will keep spinning the tire as long as you keep full lean. You can make this trick look a hell of alot better by getting the rear of the bike loose by using the front and rear brake, but it requires more skill.
...I don't get it.💡 Any way we could see a video of it?

I can do doughnuts by "drifting" in tight circles in a nice open area. I don't think that's what you mean though. Do you mean you do a slow rolling burnout while turning?

Also, another "sort of trick" is locking up the rear wheel and sliding sideways to a stop and going the other way (180), like you would with a bicycle.

Oh, another one is where you pull a wheelie from a stand-still while holding the front brake, then get a little speed and slam the front down into a stoppie and you'll do a stoppie sliding on the locked front wheel while it leaves a trail of smoke. Kinda tricky to do that one sometimes.

I'll see if I can put up a new vid this week, it's been kinda busy around here lately. I want to get alot of new tricks so it won't be as boring as my last one, but there's really not all that much you can do.

Is this for pics? or just general discusion... i have LOADS of trick pics...

Oh, and i find putting the front and read brakes to 10 helps when tricking.

you know that you can do rolling burnouts also? you just set the controller settings to pro and press square (hold it) and accelerate. your tire will start spinning:sly:

Wow JRZ! That's really impressive. I thought I had some skills with the stunting but damn, I still haven't been able to do the 180 stoppie, and I really haven't managed to complete a circle wheelie yet, let alone several, one handed.:scared: :bowdown:
And how the hell do you manage to do such tight doughnuts??

Looks like I've got some practicing to do.💡

Woo, i just did a 180 stoppie, used the analogue sticks this time rather than the d pad and it worked, i still cant do one after the other, it takes me about 10 tries to get one landed.

Thanks, not sure if you noticed, but I had a one hand 180 stoppie, its the slow motion one at the end, the only problem is that I was leaning in full so the rider only took his hand off about half way through.

There are 2 ways I do the 180 stoppies, one I start going straight, lean foreward and brake, when the speed slows to about 40km/h I lean in with the tail as high as possible and once I get most of the way around I let the back end drop. Another way is to start the stoppie in a turn ( I find this way easier) keep leaning in but tilt the analog to lean foreward, and brake. Kind of hard to explain, but I find that the key is to start leaning in at the right speed.

here are some stunts iv done over the past few days, not all stunts but good pics.

lemmi know what you all think,

BIG JUMP :drool:

WATCH UR HEAD! :crazy:

TAIL WHIP 👍

comments apreciated,

Thanks.

JRZ, that video is insane. Terrific job 👍

spawn, those are some pretty sweet stunt pics. 👍 I really like the BIG JUMP one, how fast were you going?

Err, I hit that bad boy at about 110 - 120 MPH, u have to change the gearing to the max setting to get that speed out of the DRZ, and just drive over the grass bit! u can get it pretty sideways too :)

i wish the rally tracks were in, that would rock!

Have fun!

Yeah I know what you mean, like if they make TT2, they should put like some supercross races in for fun (I think that's what it's called when the dirt bikes race on dirt and tarmac, like at the X-games)

Hmm, your thinking of Supermoto (SuperMotard) where some of the track is road, and the other bit is dirt with small jumps, usualy a few dirt jumps and some "urban" metal ramps (usualy without a landing ramp) - tight corners and sideways action!

Supercross is indoor moto-x, like ricky C and bubber race (they also race outdoors ofcourse!), big jumps, huge air, all indoors in a large arena, set-up for rythemic sections with many different lines to take over the technical tight tracks.

Motocross is the oudoor variant and somtimes called nationals. this is usualy flat out action full throttle bizz over a long outdoor tracks with challangeing "long jumps", doubbles and tripples. whoop sections are also common in both moto-x and super-x.

hope that clarified things a little :)

thanks,

Ah that's what it was. Forgot what it was, and I guessed on one that I knew and hoped it applied to both :dunce:. That seems really fun to do SuperMoto.

Can someone please give me a walkthrough on how to do all of those tricks listed I especially want to know how to drift and do burnouts. plz help me

Can someone please give me a walkthrough on how to do all of those tricks listed I especially want to know how to drift and do burnouts. plz help me

For "drifting"/power slides:
First of all, go to Options > Controller > set to Pro Mode, this will (mostly) turn off the traction control. I also prefer to use manual transmission just to keep from hitting the rev limiter in mid-drift.
Select a bike with some decent power like an R1, etc, then just go to any track (High-Speed Ring is excellent for power slides/drifting,) play around and try kicking the backend out a bit around the corners and get a feel for how it handles. The most important part is throttle control, just don't kick it out too far or you're almost sure to highside. Sometimes using a little front brake while gassing it can help to break the rear tire loose. It also helps alot to use manual transmission, I often will come into a corner one, sometimes two gears higher than I normaly would to keep the rpm's at the peak of the powerband for as long as possible while the rear tire is spinning.
Using medium or hard tires on the rear can help a bit too.

For burnouts, I assume you mean standing burnouts. There's only one way I know of to pull this off, it's not exactly pretty but it looks good in photos. It's done as follows:
Set controller to Pro Mode, manual transmission. Select a bike with decent power that can also do a stoppie (again, the R1 works well here) Put the bike in 1-6 gear, do an endo. While back tire is in the air, hold the gas to get rear tire up to speed, come to a complete stop on your front wheel. Just as you stop, drop the back end back down while still holding both the gas (X) and front brake (square). The rider should put his foot down, and if you time it just right the bike will come to a complete stop and just smoke the rear for a good 3-15 seconds, depending on the bike and what gear you're in.

(If you want a real good smoke show go to Cote d'Azur. The rubber seems to smoke best on that track for some reason.)

Hope that helps! :)

PS. I finally pulled off a 180 stoppie! :dopey:👍 I found it's a lot easier/(only possible?) using the analog stick.

a standing burnout is done by shifting up through the gears while doing a stoppie and when you stop the tail of the bike will fall, and as the engine slows, shift down to keep the wheel spinning for a longer time.

When I Tryed a big jump in Trial mountain , I almost made a Backflip with a ZX10-R Trickstar , You seem to hit a invisble wall a the top just before the bridge. But Is it possible ? I pulled a turn at 110 degrees full back before hitting.

the biker normally falls off at a certain degree of rotation, so i don't think it's possible to do a backflip

Latest Posts

Back