TT Tuning

• Thread starter guska
  • 92 comments
Is TT realistic in that the rider must countersteer? I'll buy it if it is realistic in that respect. If it's like steering a car, forget it.

Can you tell me how ANY motorcycle game is going to incorporate countersteer into the control?. You really want to turn left to go right? It is ok with the realism, but not the best.

I doubt anybody buys this game because it is "REAL". Its a good start from the car makers of Gran Turismo. If you like bikes and bike racing games it is a must pick up. If you are a car game guy that wants to see what bikes are all about I wouldn't even bother as you say.

I'm not so sure the simulators couldn't emulate the effect of countersteering - the bike falling in the opposite direction, responding to small steering corrections realistically, even increased throttle in a turn causing the bike to stand up - if gamers insisted on this degree of realism.

Microsoft's Flight Simulator X is so real it's scary.

yes, but, for such realism in a bike sim wed need a bike spesfic controller. for flight sims theres such a large vareity of flight controlls out there ranging from cheap to 300+ dollars.

the biggest problem is that you actions on a bike cannot be reproduced with a controller. you are constantly moving on the bike, shifting your weight, slipping the clutch, etc...

Can you tell me how ANY motorcycle game is going to incorporate countersteer into the control?. You really want to turn left to go right? It is ok with the realism, but not the best.
I think motoracer series display countersteering on dirt track. We don't have to use counter steer though.

Still, it would be cool if we can do countersteering on tarmac. as an attempt to prevent fall from slipping.

I am sorry, I don't play TT, I browse this section to find out what suspension setting available for TT. Forgive me if the next post looks clueless.

Do superbike not do counter steer wiggle while braking hard with too much rear brake bias?

Brake bias is another questionable tuning. Do sportbike have single button for brake? Can we have separate front and rear brake in TT? Can we change the brake bias dynamically during the race?

In real life if we only use rear brake, isn't the bike suppose to swing it's rear and force us to use countersteer?

I think motoracer series display countersteering on dirt track. We don't have to use counter steer though.

thats how TT is. the rider will counter-steer into a cornerm but, we dont have to with the controller.

Do superbike not do counter steer wiggle while braking hard with too much rear brake bias?

Brake bias is another questionable tuning. Do sportbike have single button for brake? Can we have separate front and rear brake in TT? Can we change the brake bias dynamically during the race?

In real life if we only use rear brake, isn't the bike suppose to swing it's rear and force us to use countersteer?

a: yeah, they do but when (mixed opinion here) braking to the fullst, the rear brake wont be used because the rear end will be barely touching the ground. so if you touched the rear brake, combine with engine braking. itll lock instintly.

b: sportbikes have the front brake lever mounted on the right handle bar with the rear brake on the right foot peg though some racers have a thumb brake on the left handle bar. you have separate front/rear brake buttons when using pro mode controller setting only. you can only adjust the brake bias in the garage like the gt series.

c: the point of counter steering is that for a right hand corner, you steer to the left to get the bike to lean to the right and turn in faster.

I see. Thanks for the answer 👍.

[empty space];2632704
c: the point of counter steering is that for a right hand corner, you steer to the left to get the bike to lean to the right and turn in faster.
Because we don't have control over rider body in TT?

I know we can make the bike stand up using analog controller. But can we make the rider body lean to the side even when we are not turning?

I see. Thanks for the answer 👍.

Because we don't have control over rider body in TT?

I know we can make the bike stand up using analog controller. But can we make the rider body lean to the side even when we are not turning?

In TT you pre-set the riders form to determine how they will react in differing cornering circumstances, so in essence rather than trying to control his body while racing you decide in advance how they will react.

You can set-up two road and one Motad (dirt) form in advance and then pick which one to use before riding. Form settings include head angle, seating position, leg and arm angle and position, and can vary between tucked and un-tucked (which you can control while riding).

Regards

Scaff

Interesting conv. Just passing through here... The Rider position though, seems quite irrelevant sometimes, since it's not realistic, you can see the elbows and knees pass through the tank in some situations... And some techniques that are used in real racing actually bog you down in this game, for example Ben Spies' "Elbows out" Riding style, is actually slow in the game and makes the bike very unstable at corners.

I'll start tunning bikes and posting their settings over here, and ya'll gimme your opinions, since I'm bored racing myself, I'll just dedicate some times for tunning.

scaff - three roads and a motard :)

Eternal_Ronin - in a way your right, part of it is that they can adjust in real time. were stuck and the only body movements is adjust the riders weight forward/backwards. plus, if you add in the traction controll and anti-wheelie program with gt4 (car physics) things arent always going to be correct. specially since the rear brake doesnt offer as much stoping power as the game would lead you to believe.

[empty space];2635239
scaff - three roads and a motard :)
Damn, I haven't played TT for a while and I was second guessing myself when posting that.

[empty space];2635239
Eternal_Ronin - in a way your right, part of it is that they can adjust in real time. were stuck and the only body movements is adjust the riders weight forward/backwards. plus, if you add in the traction controll and anti-wheelie program with gt4 (car physics) things arent always going to be correct. specially since the rear brake doesnt offer as much stoping power as the game would lead you to believe.
Quite agree, one of the biggest problems with TT is that forward load transfer under braking is massively underplayed, making the rear brake far, far more effective and important than it should be.

Regards

Scaff

Another thing about the riding form is using the knee out to keep balance at a corner, you would find that real riders, use the knee to measure how much lean angle and distance there is to the ground, some actually scrape them on thertrack surface, doing this on TT would result on the bike sliding out from underneath you, and attempting to correct it, would result in a line change too harsh to correct at all, so the rider in itself doesn't keep his own balance... honestly, using a regular PS2 controller to simulate a motorcycle experience isn't enough.

I hope that eventually they come out with a special controller for TT2, which included a handclutch, and the rider would be improved...

I doubt anybody buys this game because it is "REAL". Its a good start from the car makers of Gran Turismo. If you like bikes and bike racing games it is a must pick up. If you are a car game guy that wants to see what bikes are all about I wouldn't even bother as you say.

I don't think it should be so much turn left to go right, but maybe something like that, Uno. Anyone remember Road Rash 3D for the PSX? Well, that had me thinking I might be able to do just that, but it certainly does not. There was a trigger button on each side that was used to make the rider lean in that respective direction, so you could actually lean into turns without pressing the actual designated steering controls. It was actually meant to make you lean even more into a turn than just pressing left or right would do. What would happen if you opposed the inputs(lean left turn right) was you would steer very gradually in the wrong direction. But as far as the control setup, I don't see why we can't have something like that occur, other than running out of buttons, lol. But what I'm saying is that the developers can (and probably did) attempt to make a system where you turn the handlebars left with the d-pad or stick and lean the other way with the opposite trigger button, the trigger button being where you actually want to go...or vice versa so that the stick determines where you want to go. But plenty of problems can occur there. The triggers are definitely not the best buttons to use for such a sensitive control, and only people who are familiar with the behavior of a motorcycle and/or ride them regularly are the ones likely to not get frustrated by such an ass-backwars way of thinking.

But hey, maybe PD will develop some sort of riding force pro that will be in the shape of a small bike chassis on a podium to let you really control the behavior of the bike, like lean angle, shifting, clutch work, etc. Of course I dunno how they'd work it so that you'd know you're about to high side without actually flicking you off of the control (though that would be hilarious if it did it).

Ok, my rattling is over.:dopey:

Knee Dragger...I take what I said back. That actually is not a half bad idea. The idea of getting the rider to lean IN to push the front tire OUT could actually work! For a sim that would need to be an advanced setting. Most of the time I hear that people have trouble with motorcycle games as it is (Riding spirits anyone?) and probably would just end up throwing the controller at the tv. It could be done with a little work. 👍 to you for thinking.

i find the effect of tuning depends on the bike i tune d the suzuki gsx-r 8h
and made a huge difference on peformence but tuning things like tz125's
hardly makes a difference at all.

i think the bike has a difference on tuning when i tuned a 8h gsx-r
i made a massive improvement on peformence but thins like tz125's make very little difference

sry if this appears twice my i already posted it but it did not appear

Yeah it did appear twice...

Anyways, it is true, I tend to tune the bike for the specific race track I'm racing, concireding elevation changes and bumps((like those in Nurbu....)), etc to improve the handling of the bike, and I tend to change my gears quite a lot, I'll shorten them wildly at small, low speed tracks like Monaco...

just wonder if this tread is pretty much dead or what. no sense in posting if it is. but in principle i use one track to tune the gears another track to test the tune with. then i use the first section of the Nur to test the suspension and get it dialed in. after i started doing this i can tell the difference in my set to the smallest degree.

if this tread ain't dead i'll post my settings for further debate.

May I ask a question reguarding basic setups?

I checked the manual but there is no reference.

What is the better tyre, Street or Production?

Back